Kyocera S2300 Torino User Reviews

Camera8.2/10
Multimedia5.6/10
Internet6.2/10

AngelMcCall
posted on 09 Aug 2011, 14:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)

My Loft

AngelMcCall has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I had the phone for about 9 months. i got it for my birhtday. i had many problems with charging it. And finally my phonee just completely wouldn't let me charge it anymore. I was sent a new battery and a new charger, and that still didn't help. So it was the phone. So i will deffinetly not be getting this phone again

dawnplatt2470
posted on 29 Jul 2011, 14:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Jul 2011)

good little phone

dawnplatt2470 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

ive had this phone about a week now great reception compared to my moto i290 the only problem im having is i cant download any games or ring tones what gives????? i was hoping that since i was able to download wallpaper that i could get some ring tones or games but i guess you get what you pay for this phone doesnt seem to be meant for that

Pros

• good reception good battery life good camera
  • can download wallpapers

Cons

• cant download games or ring tones
  • hard to see out side

Phone User
posted on 05 Jul 2011, 19:04

Meh

Phone User has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone...man. I've had it for 2 days. There's good and bad.

Pros: nice design, nice to have a threaded convo. in texting, the camera is alright too.

Cons: hard to see when outside, the internet wasn't great when I tried it (it wouldn't load), the vibrate isn't that great on it, you can only have 130 characters in a text before you hit a max (and the phone won't make the SMS message into 2 seperate texts then). but whats absolute hell is the maximum number of sent messages in the "sent folder" is 50!!! thats absolute garbage! That is the main reason I might return this phone, because I had bought it for texting.

Overall review: If you can put up with the fact you can only have 50 messages max. in your "sent folder", its a fairly good phone.

Internet 2/10 internet is bad on it
Multimedia 2/10 theres no music!

osvaldovillaf
posted on 04 Nov 2010, 22:28 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Nov 2010)

reliable phone

osvaldovillaf has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I had it for almost a month, and i have done almost evreathing with this phone.
Navigation is not the best but it does it normally. only con does not have a music player or video capbality. Its difficult to useit out doors because screen is kind of dark. No extended memory.

Build quality 9/10 light wieght and portable
Camera 10/10 no video. but pictures are kind of good
Text input 10/10 no sweat
Display 6/10 kind of dark when outside
Battery 7/10 pretty good depending internet usage

Pros

• easy to use
  • good texting phone
  • affordable
  • looks cool

Cons

• no video
  • no music player
  • hard to use outdoors
  • no sd card slot

Mathew perry
posted on 03 Nov 2010, 17:53

Overall Rating

Mathew perry has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have just purcahsed my torino less than three hours ago, and ive done everything possible with it and its worked perfectly fine, i'm using it on metro, So of course the internet is slow thats metro for you........................ But i haven't had a porblem with any of its features and I LOVE IT i bought it for only 30 bucks brand new

Pros

• Quick on sending text's
  • Excelent call quality

rennock
posted on 29 Aug 2010, 00:53 (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Aug 2010)

VM goes in a different direction...

As anyone since May has observed with Virgin Mobile, they have split up their offering into two different areas since dropping the remaining Helio service users: Pay.lo, and "Beyond Talk".  For Beyond Talk, this is the cheapest way to use Virgin Mobile with a new phone.And it's not a bad little phone.Granted, the post-paid cousins of Virgin Mobile, Sprint Nextel, all have EvDO Rev. A access and WiMAX as their data access ceiling, where as this phone is... 1xRTT.  This is prepaid: if you need to make your phone into a tool akin to what James Bond would use in the movies, Virgin Mobile isn't right for you to begin with.  And the memory onboard is uh... (mumbling) elefenty-seventeen megabytes.  You'll probably never know.  Space management is an afterthought: since it uses Java ME for it's apps, it only complains when it's full.  Text messages are only about 50-75 messages, depending on the length.  The call log loses info after 100 calls are made.  Transactions made on the Openwave browser end in either loading bar hell, or sheer disappointment as text on websites runs across each other.The keyboard is a bit nudgy with big hands, I find myself bending the knobby rubber keys by accident at times instead of pressing the button that I intend.  Not a terrible problem for me, but for an avid text user, I can see this to be a complication.  The navigation crosspad is as expected, but the six or so softkeys on the left and right...

Pros

• Very affordable at $69.99 price point, entry level to Virgin's "Beyond Talk" plans.
  • Allows for Apps to be downloaded using Java ME.
  • Good selection of preloaded apps.

Cons

• Keyboard is difficult to type fast on, top nav buttons are hard to hit with big thumbs.
  • Data access is 1xRTT (2G standard), when EvDO Rev. 0 would be more effective and longer lasting at this point.
  • Interface is staggering and clumsy at times, relying on Openwave TAP Browser too much for key points of the phone menu.

gurl
posted on 22 Aug 2010, 03:38

man i love this phone. Dont go with what the other people say. This is a wonderful phone. In my experience, the porting took only one day. i was told it would take two but surprisingly it only took about five hours. And the customer service agents were great when i called about a minor problem of getting the phone to work.as far as the camera goes, i mean its not a canon =) but its not some crappy little rinky dink dollar store camera. in my opinion the camera is pretty dang decent so im not sure why peopole are saying that it sucks. overall its a really good texting phone there is a view wher you can see your whole conversation with someone in one screen. its so neat.and lastly the only bad thing is that you must continuously delete your sent messages seeing as it only stores about 50 messages at a time. that can get irritating if your a big texter but you learn to deel so watev.and it does not have a music player so  be prepared to download some songs from virgin mobile.

Pros

• Great for texting. It has a good email and im app. and a pretty cool messaging view.

Cons

• no music player. can only store 50 sent messages.

virgin mobile customer for 1 year
posted on 20 Aug 2010, 14:54

I had no trouble at all porting my old number to the Loft.  I dont think its the service  i think Virgin mobile has alot of customer service problems.  no one ever seems to know what is going.  Maybe it is a language barrier problem.  But if i dont get the results i need i have to keep calling until i get someone who knows what they are talking about. love the phone for texting but the camera phone sucks--BAD!  it's real blurry.

Pros

• i LOOKS CUTE

Cons

• CAMERA PHONE SUCKS.

kennethljr
posted on 30 Jul 2010, 11:56

tranfering phone number

i have to disagree with last poster ... i had no problems at all... i did have to wait 24hrs.. but i expected that.
even when activated they put in wrong plan and all i had to do is call ... fixed in less than 5 min.

as for features ... good and reliable.. however the mapping program is 9.99 a month .. and should not be advertised with phone ... google maps is FREE ... ill use that :P

ken

Mom in Maplewood
posted on 26 Jun 2010, 16:08

phone's fine, porting old number was the pits.

I had a similar experience to the previous reviewer. I was porting numbers for 3 phones from a family account.  The old account stopped working within minutes. My kids' new phones started working within hours. My new Loft, however, took several days and many phone calls before it was functional.

I don't understand how they can get the information to my previous provider, yet take so incredibly long to port the number to the new phone! Once I finally got someone who seemed to know what they were doing, it took minutes on the phone and the phone was working in less than an hour.

During my many calls, they hung up on me twice.

Be sure that you won't need a phone for a few days before you port a number to Virgin Mobile!

Pros

• Easy to navigate, web surfing is adequate

Cons

• Some difficulty downloading apps, MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH PORTING OLD NUMBER.

Stuff Done Web Design
posted on 29 May 2010, 09:42

Be careful if porting your number...!!!

I bought the Loft and tried to port my number over.  The short version, I pretty much had a choice of no phone service at all for perhaps a week or losing my old number.Long Version:  Virgin Mobile seems to have some MAJOR issues porting numbers. I am not sure it is specific to this phone but my many conversations with them seem to indicate this is the case.  As of this writing I had to abandon the port and lose my old number to get a functional phone with a new number.  Even though they successfully "ported" my old number to their system, thereby killing my other phone, they are still not able to activate my Loft and can't even give me a date or time.When I phoned to port I was told 24 hours...but in an hour my old phone went dead and my account was closed. I cannot understand why they need even 24 hours to port when every other time I changed carriers the port took less than an hour and I had service.My 95 YO mother relies on being able to call me on my cell. I am handicapped and can't afford to be driving around with no means to get help if I should have a break down on the road...and my customers rely on reaching me when I am out of the office.  Not having a working phone is not an option.The phone looks nice and seems to have a lot of good features...but Virgin does not have their act together on this phone with regard to porting.  If you just want a Loft with a new number you can do that almost instantly online...but DON'T try to port your old...

Pros

• Nice phone. Compact lots of features

Cons

• Performance I can't judge since I still don't have any service. Virgin Mobile does NOT have their act together so be very careful if porting an existing number to this phone.