Kyocera G2GO M2000 User Reviews

Everyday usage6.5/10

tinaasaurrr
posted on 23 Feb 2011, 18:04

D:

tinaasaurrr has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

well this phone goes through hell everyday and its a miracle that it hasn't completely shattered on me yet. withstands pretty good falls, music player isn't so great after a while it starts glitching so thats a downer. :/ along with the camera which starts to become glitchy after 2 months or so. battery life sucks for me though and if used constantly like a teen does it'll become hard to text. internet lags depending on the service provider hopes this helps someone out

Skittles
posted on 22 Nov 2010, 17:53

Not a bad phone, but not flawless.

Skittles has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I bought this phone last year, had it for a few months and had to give it up because of horrible coverage. Virgin Mobile wouldn't even put in a service request for me. However, it is a nice phone. It's fun to play with and it can withstand alot. It has a nice camera, but the music player on it isn't the best. The main complaint I have about this phone in general is the lackluster speed. If you have the patience to wait for it to load, this phone is pretty nice.

Build quality 7/10 Scratches easily. Shows lots of wear over a month or two. But it can take a blow. Mine got dropped off a roller coaster the summer I had it, my friend has it now. It still works last time I checked.
Reception 5/10 The phone itself may be alright. However, virgin mobile doesn't work well in my area and many other areas. The sprint network isn't really reliable at all.
Call quality 5/10 It's scratchy and all during calls, it's not meant to be a PHONE like the ones people have on their walls. It's designed to text.
Internet 8/10 With opera mini, it's really quite nice. Better than my sidekick 08's.
Multimedia 4/10 Can't play any music files except MP3. Won't play WMA. Player is rather sluggish. No video. :(
Camera 8/10 The effects are lots of fun. Self timer is nice to have. Runs smoothly. Nice pictures. No flash and no video, though.
UI speed 2/10 This phone's biggest obstacle is speed. It can be such a little turtle about things :(
Everyday usage 6/10 The keyboard is alot nicer than T9 word. It works fine, takes a beating, but after a while, the sluggishness of the phone may begin to become annoying.
Text input 9/10 The keyboard makes texting a breeze. You'll probably type way faster than the phone can register, though xD
Display 9/10 I could see and the colors were nice. What do you think?
Battery 9/10 It lasts a day and a half or so without charging. I liked that.

Pros

• Camera Effects Are Fun
  • QWERTY KeyBoard
  • Fun To Play With
  • Looks Cool
  • ShortCut Keys
  • Internet Browser WORKS.
  • Durable

Cons

• Slow/Sluggish
  • Sprint's(Virgin Mobile's) Coverage BLOWS.
  • Won't Play Any Music That's Not MP3.

Mil
posted on 12 Sep 2010, 15:28

My Phone

Hi, simply wanted to share about my phone...I' ve not had it for long, but I can say that the interface is really easy to use. Pictures are of good quality. It is easy to import pics from my computer to it, via bluetooth. The only thing is phone heats up a bit quickly.  Beside that everything works fine, really easy to text, nice appearance and keyboard,nice features.... I simply hope it works as well within a year !!

Annamaria Smith
posted on 24 Jul 2010, 17:54

Love this phone

I really don't know what yall are talking about. This is the best phone I've ever had. As long as you take care of the phone, nothing bad should happen to it. Its a pretty cool piece of technology. U can do so much on the phone. It is great for browsing the internet. Everything is just so amazing. I can honestly say that this phone is better than the Gravity...it does all the same things and more. This is the best phone Ive ever had!

Pros

• nice design
  • full keyboard
  • mp3 player
  • voice recorder
  • personalization settings

Cons

• doesnt come with manual
  • sometimes turns off by itself (only for a second though)
  • battery life sucks but obtains a full charge within 30 minutes

s conley
posted on 20 Jul 2010, 23:13

1.3

Thank god this is not the only phone in the world

this is dumbest phone i have ever purchased. because of the phone i am swicthing providers. i went through two of these phones in a week because the first phone had no sound when someone called, i get a new one and this one can not get the internet and it cuts off when it wants to in the middle of a conversation. this is a F'ed up phone and i hate it. I want my money back. Not to mention the picture quality is horrible. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER KYOCERA.  PEOPLE DO NOT BUY THIS TRASH PHONE NOT EVEN FOR THE KIDS. thank you for taking the time to read this very important message, i just saved you the time, hassle, and money of purchasing this phone. GO MOTOROLA

Krisitna Nagy
posted on 21 Mar 2010, 22:47

1.7

I hate this phone! By far most the worst phone Ive had

I have had many phones in my lifetime. BY far this phone is the WORST phone ever. The only plus side is its cute.. Really thats the only reason why I bought it! Why I hate it so much isA. The buttons are so tiny its hard to text.B. The spring inside the sliding part of the phone broke with in one time of droping it.C. No streaming movies.D. Then it was hard to shut the phone off.E. The camara freaking sucks. The pictures where always blury.F. Then the crappy screen started to go white and distorted and would move or let me do anything I had to shut the phone off to make the screen come back up.I hated this phone from the 3rd day of buying  the $200 pieace of JUNK!!! Go ahead and buy it if you want to replace it like I did after 6mos...

Not a winner
posted on 29 Jan 2010, 21:35

This phone was the replacement for the kyocera marbl, and i thought that nothing could be worse...This proved that wrong...This is the absolute worst phone I have ever used.  The keyboard is small, the numbers are hard to use, the usb is not computer connectable, bad camera, etc.

Pros

Cons

• Small Keyboard
  • Numbers hard to use
  • Bad camera
  • Bad connectivity
  • No usb connectivity
  • Freezes
  • Turns itself off
  • No camcorder
  • Battery Life stinks

6of1
posted on 06 Jan 2010, 22:01

Horrible Battery Life

I came from a Super Slice and was used to only having to charge my phone once every three or four days, since I mostly text and actually talk very little. I got the X-TC to replace a Shuttle, which was quite possibly the worst phone I have ever had in my hands. This one will at least hold a charge slightly longer than 24 hours. Maybe I'm just not used to new phones, which have to be plugged into a charger every six hours. Other than that, the phone is of tolerable build, even though it creaks loudly when I use the keyboard from the battery cover flexing. I don't care about the camera or the media player. It would be nice to able to save contacts to the SD card for backup or transfer purposes.

SPenn
posted on 01 Aug 2009, 02:48

Kyrocera x-tc

I like the phone. It's user friendly and can access most web sites. Streaming Video is not supported. I tried going to mobile you tube and could not play any of the videos. It should be 3G capable. It says 3G on the back of the phone. It's advertised on the virgin mobile website as a 3G phone. It's almost like carrying a mini lap top. Good phone though.

Silver Fang
posted on 16 Jun 2009, 18:35

Good messaging phone

This is in reponse to the last review. If you get a picture message with a large picture, you may need to go to the next page in the email to see the picture.

Anyway, the X-tc is a nice little work horse phone. After coming from a faithful Wild Card, I love the larger display. I also love the slideout keyboard. The speaker quality and vibrator quality are much improved from the Wild Card, whose speaker I could hardly hear and vibrator I coudl barely feel.

The web browser is a bit slow and suckish, but that's OK because I have a BlackBerry for all my web surfing needs.

Pros

• Slideout keyboard
  • Larger display
  • Louder speaker
  • Stronger vibrator
  • Notepad function

Cons

• Slow web browser
  • No USB connectivity
  • Cannot download free ringtones from other sites
  • Camera is only 1.3 mpx and has no flash

PCTECHNOMAN
posted on 11 Jun 2009, 13:22

Kyocera X-tc(M2000)

I have had this phone since the 3rd of June 2009. I had a rocky start when first purching the phone w/bluetooth.
The phone has a nice key board, numbers over the alpha characters are workable.
Overall good

Pros

• NICE PHONE

Cons

• Accessories are hard to find.
  • Micro USB

Wyatt Braden
posted on 24 May 2009, 22:43

very solid phone for the price

This is my first phone and i must say that i am impressed. At first i tought that it would be crappy, seeing as how it's just $100. But boy was i wrong. i am a very heavy texter thats sends 1000 texts on a good day. This phone has held up exceptionally. I recently went on a trip and used my phone as my camera, it takes increadable pictures for a 1.3mp camera. also, i bought a micro sd card and it has replaced my mp3 player. my only problem with it is that it can't take video, but lots of people say that it can play mobile youtube videos just fine.

As you see, the pros outweigh the cons. i would definately recomend this phone to anyone.

Pros

• Full slide out QWERTY keypad
  • 1.3mp camera
  • mp3 player
  • micro sd card slot up to 8gb
  • mobile web w/ facebook and myspace apps
  • mobile e-mail and IM
  • Blutooth Device Capable
  • 500 contact book

Cons

• Not 3g capable
  • Can't take video
  • cannot transfer files between phones Not 3g capable

WKDNBD
posted on 03 May 2009, 08:15

M2000 (X-TC) from Virgin mobile

Just purchased this phone friday 1 May 09, used to replace the Wildcard phone.  The buttons are small but easy to get use to.  I like the large screen and the bright colors.  The MP3 player sounds great and pretty loud.  I have not used the camera as of yet.  The phones reception is quite good.  It would be nice if it had a video recording feature.  The only problem I m having now is trying to find out why attachments are not being sent to my phone, such as fw mail and pics.  One of the easiet and coolest features is the voice dial, once you add a contact they are assigned a voice tag.  All you have to do is say the anme and that is it, very simple and easy to use.  I dont like the numbers on the same buttons as the letters, veryconfusing when texting and even worse when inputting numbers to add contacts.  All in all I am very pleased with the phone.  Finding a car charger for it has been quite difficult though.

Pros

• Large screen, bright colors, MP3 player, very stylish looking.

Cons

• Would be nice to have video recording, numbers on the same buttons as the letters are confusing and hard to see. No flash on camera.

Brian
posted on 26 Apr 2009, 08:57

quite the upgrade

I had the motorola C261 for about 5 years, then swiched companies to virgin mobile and got the phone. i have to admit, it's a good phone. it only took about a day to get used to the keyboard and the camera has a nice resolution. i enjoy this phone alot and i recomend it for all who have virgin mobile.

Pros

• qwerty key board
  • large screen display
  • fairly good camera
  • music player with real ring tones

Cons

• slightly big, but not really that big
  • a bit hard to enter numbers sometimes
  • the battery only lasts for around 2 days depending on usage

Vmuser
posted on 10 Apr 2009, 12:39

Its a great phone!

Before this phone i had a crappy Tracfone. With its .30 MP camera, no qwert keyboards, old outdated phones, i instantly fell in love with this one. Great for texting, the slide thing seems durable

- definetly 11/10

Pros

• qwerty Keboard
  • no as big as i thought
  • Email and IM
  • comes with game demos
  • has different themes
  • VMU has really good service and proces
  • More options than my old phone

Cons

• No video taking, but can play videos
  • keys are a little compact, and take some time to get used to
  • sometimes turns off , but thats probably my fault

iPhone Killer
posted on 07 Apr 2009, 13:28

Best cheap qwerty.

One of the best qwerty phones for the price. Easy to use UI, big screen, accelerometer.