HTC Rezound User Reviews

Camera9.4/10
Multimedia9.5/10
Internet9.3/10

Wabesabe
posted on 23 May 2014, 04:38 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 May 2014)

'Ol Faithful, for the first year.

Wabesabe has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

For the first year I had this phone, it was amazing. The music player, coupled with the Dre headphones was incredible, (No pun intended), it was Super fast, call quality was excellent, and data connection was great. My only complaint was the battery life, which was so bad, I couldn't believe they released a device, that unusable. Even with the expanded battery, I charged it every night, barely getting through the day.
After that year however, it really started to lag. After 14 months, I had to do a factory reset. If you've done one of these, you know what a nightmare that can be. It gained some its old pepp, but it started not to ring when calls came in. Texts were dropped, data connection was terrible, even wi fi worked only intermittently. It was like the old Fiat's of the 80's. Fun for about 50,000 miles, than fell apart like like a like a Chinese lawn chair.
I was stuck with this phone until my contract ran out. At the end, I used it as a music player, buying a burn phone for actual business calls. It was my second HTC. Both phones started very stong, and in a year and a half were junk.
Unless you're going to use it lightly, and won't load it down with too many apps, I'd stay away from this phone.

Build quality 4/10 It started strong, but did not hold up well to every day business use.

Pros

• Music player
  • Nice display
  • Speaker Phone Quality
  • Ear phone quality
  • Dr. Dre Headphones

Cons

• Bogged After 12 Months
  • Missed calls, not ringing
  • Picture quality
  • Rarely got 4G
  • Stopped receiving Texts

curvyscorpio117
posted on 04 Jan 2014, 17:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)

Love this phone

curvyscorpio117 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I absolutely love my phone, and I'm very disappointed that I'm going to have to get a new one soon. The Rezound has lasted me 2 years and only started having problems the last few months. When I have it plugged into the charger I can't text since it will automatically click on different things without me touching the screen. The battery life has gotten very short, I've bought a new battery and it helped to expand it. The beats audio is amazing, definitely use my phone as a music player often (don't miss my ipod at all).

Pros

• Quality
  • Internet
  • Beats audio

• Text input

MichLStovah
posted on 15 Jul 2013, 00:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)

Rezout

MichLStovah has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got this phone back in January when my old phone died out and I was up for an upgrade. this is the 1st 4g phone I have gotten. 1st of it is a verizon phone and verizon wireless sucks in the first place. 2nd this phone just keeps getting more annoying the longer i have it. I am already on my second possibly going for a 3rd phone of it. My first phone started having charing issues took it to verizon they said come back if it starts to do it again. it did get a little water in it but because of the fact it over heats ALL THE TIME! it dried it right out. now this 2nd one has a crappy power button that i have to about bruise my finger to use. I downloaded another laucher because the own it comes with sucks. NOVA Launcher is great with it. Its a pretty easy phone to learn to use but its battery life sucks. The beats audio is great with it. But it really only works with the pair of headphones it orginally came with and not other beats headphones. Also it has issues with call where your voice will go up and down. The Camera is amazing on it, takes amazlingy good photos. that being said this phone still annoys me and has me thinking about switching to the IPhone from andriod because I own all the other apple products and hardly have any problems with them and I am always having issues with other brands. And I really can not tell the difference between my 4G and 3G phone.

UI speed 6/10 Do not see a difference between 3G and 4G
Battery 3/10 over heats

• Android App Market
  • Build quality
  • Beats Audio

Cons

• Large
  • Battery Over Heats
  • Power button issues
  • have already had it replaced with in first couple months
  • Call volume issues
  • Internet connection issues

johnriii
posted on 22 Jan 2013, 10:19 (Posts: 221; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)

Decent phone, even now.

johnriii has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I was the owner of the Thunderbolt before Verizon somehow screwed up that phone completely. after my 2nd refurbed Tbolt didn't solve my problems, they sent me a Rezound. I'm happy to say that this phone is nothing to be ashamed of, unlike the Tbolt. It stays connected to the 4G LTE signal in my area (kC) and it performs like a champ. everything i need it to do, it does. my only hangup is that it does get a bit warm when playing games on it for extended amounts of time. the battery is slightly better than the Tbolt, but I'm almost always near a charger. when I'm not (ball game, etc) the battery is decent. the display is amazing, and call quality is top notch. this is the LTE phone the Thunderbolt SHOULD have been.

Internet 10/10 are you kidding? it's verizon!
Everyday usage 9/10 drops out of 4G periodically, but nothing to scream about.

Pros

• reliability
  • display
  • size (just right)

Cons

• battery (if you're a heavy user)

johnriii alternatives:

gnex2011
posted on 15 Dec 2012, 09:19 (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)

Major Brick

gnex2011 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I was so excited when I bought this phone. I thought this was going to be the best phone ever. Boy was I wrong! Even though it had a dual core 1.5GHz processor, it was very slow and laggy. I couldn't even scroll through my homescreen without some kind of ui lag. Third party launchers didn't do anything to help with that either.
The battery life was horrible. I would charge it when I went to bed, then I would unplug it to go to work. It would be totally dead by lunch time. I would turn on airplane mode to try and conserve the battery a little but by lunch the battery would still be at 30%.
This thing was really hot. I would have it in my pocket and it would just be on fire. It would get so hot in my pocket for no reason at all, that I would have to take it out because it was just so uncomfortable. And playing games was even worse. The phone would get 120-130 degrees and overheat and eventually just crash and turn off.
The screen was a bright side of this disappointing phone. It was colorful and crisp. But even with the nice screen the UI graphics were really bad. It wasn't the screen, but it was the graphics and letters in the HTC Sense that were pixelated.
Altogether, this phone was not nearly as good as I was hoping and expecting. Eventually I droped it and the screen shattered so I had to get a new phone. In this day and age, don't buy this phone. There are so many nice phones out there now that put this to shame. Even the other high end phones from late...

Pros

• Beautiful Screen

Cons

• Processor is horrible
  • UI Laggy
  • Browsing experience is choppy
  • Terrible Battery Life
  • Very Heavy And Bulky

Tressa999
posted on 28 Jul 2012, 13:38 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)

New smart phone user

Tressa999 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I bought my first smart phone June 2012. I chose the Rezound because it was highly rated AND on sale at Verizon for $79.99 for a short time. Great deal. I am extremely pleased with it. I like the weight. It's not heavy. You guys need to stop being feather weights!!! Love the display!!! And the screen is a nice size...larger than the iPhone. I'm glad I bought the Rezound and I would again. There are no cons to this one.

1092027444
posted on 15 Jun 2012, 22:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)

Beautiful Phone

1092027444 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

i like it very mach.
While it may have a hefty build, the HTC Rezound's beautiful display, commendable performance, and multimedia-rich features.
Engineered with exclusive Beats Audio technology and powered by the Android 2.3 operating system, the HTC Rezound for Verizon Wireless .

Nexus6
posted on 13 May 2012, 15:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)

Love my Rezound

Nexus6 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Got a pair of these for me and the wife and we love em. Headphones have great sound. it may be a bit bulky for some people but I don't mind it and neither does she with her small hands. Battery life seems okay but my charger is always with me so its not a problem. To me this phone crushes everything on the market, at least for now.

Battery 10/10 Perfection

lostboiwonder
posted on 12 May 2012, 18:41 (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Aug 2011)

Good phone overall, it doesn't excel, but does everything good

lostboiwonder has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I had a Droid Razr before switching to this phone because the Razr's screen kept changing between green and white. The Rezound is overall a good phone, although it is quite heavy and thick considering it comes with a pretty tiny battery.

Build quality 8/10 The removeable back does creak some.
Reception 8/10 In los angeles, when the phone drop out of 4g to 3g, it takes quite awhile to get back on 4g, turn on off air plane mode works. GPS sometimes get my location wrong or takes a long time to get it right.
Call quality 10/10 Sound incoming and out going are both excellent, and clear.
Internet 9/10 The speed is amazing.
Camera 10/10 Camera is by far the best thing about this phone, along with the screen quality.
UI speed 7/10 Sense UI does slow down this phone quite a bit compared to the speed of the Droid Razr.
Text input 8/10 The stock keyboard is pretty good. But I installed the Swype Beta keyboard instead (should be already installed)
Display 9/10 Amazing display, although in outdoor usage with sunlight, even in shadow there's alot of reflection and glare with screen on full brightness.
Battery 7/10 The battery last may be 3 hours on constant usage, and around 8 hours on moderate usage. I am quite a heavy/moderate user.

• Screen quality

Cons

• Sense UI sluggishness

qajs1
posted on 06 Apr 2012, 17:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)

Great Phone!

qajs1 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone has great call quality, great reception (Verizon of course), great speeds, and an amazing processor. It out performs the RAZR and the RAZR MAXX easily. Plus, it comes with iBeats headphones, so what's not to love? However, there is one thing that I really don't like about it. And that's the contact book, I've had so many problems and it's only been 2 days. It says my mom's phone number is my dad, this person is that person, it says I don't have any Skype contact, which is a lie because I have about 50. It took a while to figure out how to even get to my contacts or add to them: and I'm technically savvy. So contacts aren't too great. Although I'm glad they have all the abilities to sync contacts, I just wish it worked better. Amazing camera, amazing build and style, and definitely outstanding with Beats by Dre. Amazing display as well, perfect for videos. Battery could be slightly better, but it's still perfect for me.

Pros

• Fastest Processor Available
  • Great Camera
  • Beats by Dr. Dre
  • Beautiful 720p Screen
  • Verizon
  • 4G
  • Nice Design

Cons

• Contact Syncing

skajewski757
posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:47 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)

Best Phone Ever

skajewski757 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Phone is perfect in every category. 1.5 Processor is best on market and flows so smoothly. The 8 mp camera is also best on the market. The beats audio is even an added bonus, getting the great audio quality and a free pair of special edition beats headphones! Rezound > Razr

Build quality 10/10 Nice hefty build, doesnt feel cheaply built.
Reception 10/10 Verizon's 4g network is extremely fast
Call quality 10/10 Never dropped a call
Internet 10/10 4g LTE. enough said
Multimedia 10/10 HD display and beats audio? best of both worlds
Camera 10/10 8 mp is best on market and has dual flash

Pros

• ALL

xAziz
posted on 25 Feb 2012, 12:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)

HTC Knows How to Make a Phone

xAziz has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Coming from a Droid Incredible, i'm very impressed with this phone. The screen is very clear and crisp.I bought a 1900mah slim battery so i could keep the form factor and get more juice to get me throught the day. i text A LOT throughout the day (cause im a teenager and we have nothing better to do) along with a quick game or two, some facebook and twitter checks, and email checks. A bigger battery is almost necessary but just alittle more power, like 1800-1900 mah so you can keep your form factor

Build quality 10/10 Nice heft, feels solid all around
Multimedia 10/10 1.5Ghz dual core chews through it all
Camera 10/10 Beautiful camera with amazing effects
UI speed 9/10 Sense UI has some very minor lags, but they will not affect the user.
Everyday usage 10/10 Solid, Durable, Speedy, what else do u need? This phone does it all
Text input 10/10 Screen size is perfect for people with medium to large fingers, like my self. i make very few mistakes.
Display 10/10 The screen is insanely clear and crisp. i love 720p!
Battery 8/10 This is review on the stock battery, not on the extended battery. the battery will get you through the day with medium use, just barely though. i turned off 4G and data,along with background sync and i lowered the brightness. get a bigger battery and your set for the day.

veevans01
posted on 21 Feb 2012, 15:07 (Posts: 29; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)

Phenomenal Device

veevans01 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I am certainly happy that I took the time to research all of the device that came out over the holidays. If you want a device that is a great all around device the Resound is the one to have. Great picture quality for watching videos, easy to text with, fast internet, Beats audio, easy multi tasking and upgradeable to Ice Cream sandwich this year. There are a lot of great phones that came out with VZW but the Resound is the best one that came out.

Build quality 10/10 Solid feel. Comfortable in my hands.
Reception 10/10 Very strong.
Call quality 10/10 Clear calls on both sides.
Internet 10/10 Blazing speed. 4G LTE is Faster than my wifi, which is 4G wimax.
Display 10/10 Beautiful display.
Battery 10/10 Battery life not bad for a 4G device. I get 10 hours with normal usage. However, a more powerful battery should have came with this phone. Maybe 1800 Mah.

Pros

• Fast 4G LTE internet
  • Awesome camera
  • Superb call quality
  • HTC Sense
  • Fantastic Multimedia Device

Cons

• Decent battery Life with standard battery. Should have came with a larger standard battery

Prevayl
posted on 17 Feb 2012, 12:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)

Best Phone Verizon Has, specially if you Unlock it and etc. XDA style

Prevayl has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The only bad thing about this phone cuz lets be honest there is no ABSOLUTLY PERFECT PHONE WITH PERFECT EVERYTHING. so with that said the only bad thing about it from a realistic point is the battery life, But with that said also i got the phone from day one with the extended battery. Now people complain about the weight. what idiots-_- really the weight makes it feel like a solid product(like not cheap;). And with the extended battery it actually fits the curve of your hand as you hold it so it feels like a snug fit in the hand. The thickness has never ever bothered me.
The power of the cpu and the clearity of the screen resolution(and ppi) is to damn good to overlook. the best sound on a phone with the beats, and yes the beats is limited to the stock msic player but HTC's music player is like the best anyway. Everything else rocks specially with the extended battery and im a super heavy user like every 15 min im on my phone again, and still 2 days it lasts without charge.

UI speed 10/10 UI rating is based on, if you have it unlocked with XDA-developers on custom rom. the your looking at benchmark numbers only short of the Asus Transformer.
Text input 9/10 Oonly a 9 do to my specific finger size i got huge fingers so the only phone i look forward to in the future to get a 10 from me is the samsung galaxy note. But for anybody else im assuming textin is a 10
Display 10/10 The best picture on any phone, the highest PPI on any phone, not even the iPhone touches this and im a graphic designer so i know
Battery 10/10 a 10 only with the Extended battery, stock battery gets a 4.5 rating

Pros

• Camera pic quality
  • Screen quality, Thee absolute best out there
  • speed, wifi, bluetooth, etc
  • front facing camera, best I've used so far
  • Beats by dre, driver and head phones
  • True potential attained when unlocked with custom roms from XDA-developers or something like that

Cons

• stock battery that it comes with
  • Stock UI, but then again XDA-developers.com will help that

AdamW33
posted on 09 Apr 2012, 19:37 (Posts: 39; Member since: 25 Aug 2011)

Super awesome phone

AdamW33 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I would have given everything a 10 except there were super minor issues with the categories I marked 9.

Build: The plastic back is nice but can cause a squeek it you grip it a certain way. Not a big deal at all

Multimedia: I just wish beats EQ could be use in all media apps.

Text input: I occationally press the period key when I mean to space. I just nee to get used to it.

Pros

• Screen quality
  • overall awesomeness

idaman12000
posted on 16 Jan 2012, 22:42 (Posts: 39; Member since: 03 May 2011)

HTC REZOUND

idaman12000 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

i've had this phone since it came out. its an awesome phone with excellent camera,camcorder functionalitty,fast internet surfing,great display screen. reception is good as well, everyday use is good. i think this phone is excellent compared to most verizon 4g phones.

rex0422
posted on 28 Dec 2011, 03:28 (Posts: 30; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)

HTC Rezound Review

rex0422 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Okay, let's get it out of the way, the 1280 x 720 pixels resolution (720p true HD) on the 4.3-inch S-LCD panel on the HTC Rezound is awesome. Text is extremely clear with NO PIXELATION on sites such as ESPN, I can read the text in full zoom-out view, and small text is very clear. Colour production is very deep and saturated, while still manageable comparing to Super AMOLED Plus' overly saturated display panel. However, I do see the need for HTC to improve the viewing angles, but other than that, it is awesome.

Also, HTC Sense 3.5 is much better than Sense 3.0 (almost like TouchWiz 3.0 to TouchWiz 4.0), just because it runs much better than my EVO 3D (both Sprint and unlocked GSM version), despite processor families and potential speed difference in clock speed. Overall, it runs very quickly with little to no hiccups during my use.

Calling quality, like John V. at PhoneArena claimed, is superb. I find the earpiece very loud, sufficient for my feeble ears, and voices from it sounds very clear and distinctive, unlike ThunderBolt where voices were distant in my experience. The speakerphone is also amazing, with strong tones and loud voices, but I don't hear any crackle at the loudest volume setting. Reception is also awesome, as it never drops a call (that is attributed to Verizon's stable and saturated network) and signal strength is good.

4G LTE speeds are fast, as I consistently get speeds of 16.7Mbps down and 9.2Mbps up (at Raleigh where I live), which kicks other 4G technologies...

Build quality 10/10 Very solid feeling despite the heft and thickness.
Reception 10/10 Excellent except the 4G LTE saturation issue.
Call quality 10/10 On-par with my Droid Bionic and even blows my Droid Razr out of the water. Very clear and distinctive with voices, and callers hear us very clearly.
Internet 10/10 Very fast with loading web pages and operations are silky smooth.
Multimedia 10/10 720p display + Beats Audio + Big Screen = EXCEPTIONAL MULTIMEDIA EXPERIENCE.
Camera 9/10 Exceptional camera quality, espcially in macro shots and scenery shots and face shots. However, with nighttime shots, it decreases in details are colours come out washed out looking.
UI speed 9/10 Runs fast with little to no hiccups. May lag from time to time, but just clear the memory using HTC's built-in memory cleaner and you will be fine. (Some lags are in the apps drawer, though)
Everyday usage 9/10 Good performance.
Text input 10/10 HTC Sense 3.5 keyboard is improved and very easy to use.
Display 9/10 Just improve the viewing angle.
Battery 9/10 Can be resolved by having a larger battery, such as 1900mAh, and you don't need 2700mAh battery, folks.

Pros

• 720p True HD display is wonderful looking, very crisp and clear
  • Calling quality is great
  • Reception is good
  • Excellent at taking photos and videos
  • HTC Sense 3.5 is even better
  • Beats Audio support is a nice touch

Cons

• Display panel lacks viewing angles
  • Battery life can be better, but still decent
  • Still lags from time to time, future Sense releases should improve on this and optimize software for hardware
  • Beats by Dr. Dre only works in stock HTC Music Application

rex0422 alternatives:

intro195
posted on 07 Dec 2011, 09:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)

Overall Awesome Phone

intro195 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Awesome phone so far had it for about a month. It did crash once on me though, but other than that no problems. Although battery life could be a little better. Call quality is good nothing spectacular. And one annoying thing is that it comes with a lot of preinstalled software from verizon.

Pros

• beats headphones

jtmarich1985
posted on 29 Nov 2011, 19:31 (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)

Best Verizon smartphone to date in my opinion!

jtmarich1985 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Awesome phone hands down! Screen resolution is absolutely astounding. Gaming is like a console in your pocket....simply put.....PURE FUN! Camera is f\'n sweet! Distortion mode makes for a fun drunk night at Walmart taking photos for the peopleofwalmart.com website hahahahaha!(you all know what I mean :)). Reception and call quality is excellent but for all the \"Beats Audio\" commotion in the advertisements, the speaker phone and earpiece volume is definitely nothing to brag about but the included headphones are......Wow....that\'s all I have to say! Listening to music in them is like being in a club or movie theater. Trust me, they pound! I wish screen was wider configuration like t-bolt instead of long like Motorola but once you see the resolution.......it doesn\'t matter lol. I have had NO problems with 4G staying connected like with the other 4G phones and hotspot is superb. The new Sense UI is pretty sweet and there are a lot more options and better customization that I know you would enjoy. I love this phone and I\'m glad cuz my dumb a** paid $649 for it because I\'m a phone geek and just HAD to have it. I wanted Nexus Prime but Samsung sucks and the specs of the Rezound are better anyway AND the Resound supports external EXPANDABLE memory unlike the Apple wannabe Samsung. Battery life is......(it\'s a 4G, put it that way lol) on CDMA only is not too bad. I havent noticed any glitches but one thing I do miss from my Thunderbolt is the arrow keys on the keyboard for when...

Build quality 10/10 Excellent materials with a sturdy, confident feel.
Reception 10/10 Gets very good reception even in \"not so good\" areas. Very much improved over my thunderbolt, bionic, and Droid 2 global.

Pros

• Best smartphone to date on Verizon
  • Processor 1.5ghz Dual-Core Snapdragon
  • Adreno 220 GPU=BAD A**!!!!!!!!!
  • 1280x720 screen resolution is phenominal!
  • Red capacitive keys look sweet
  • Aggressive yet stylish design but too similar to Incredible 1 and 2

Cons

• No arrows on keyboard
  • Volume on speaker and earpiece
  • Needs at least 1800mah battery

Owlet
posted on 27 Nov 2011, 18:54 (Posts: 446; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)

Great phone from HTC

Owlet has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had a fare share of high end phones. This one is the best yet. Camera is really good, and have a few fun gimmics like panorama shots, HDR, different scenes, etc. The reception is better than my previous phone. I did notice the call quality was superb. Surfing the web is great. Music sounds very good, and I appreciate those iBeats that come with it. Even though I have over-the-ear Beats, these are better for laying in bed or short trips. I wish it lasted longer. But I froze some of the bloatware and it's better now. There are a few gripes, of course. But overall, I love it. It's worth all the little annoyances it has. Hey, every phone has them, none is perfect. The phone is amazing. It's a lot of fun.

Pros

• screen
  • HTC Sense
  • Beats

Cons

• not as fast as you'd expect

bigdad1963
posted on 22 Nov 2011, 12:26 (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)

Only 2 gripes

bigdad1963 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Love the phone, my only 2 gripes are battery life and bloatware. The 2700 mamp extended is way too big. I would like to see one around 2100 mAmp that splits the difference between standard (which gives about 8 hrs with mild to moderate use) and Batteryzilla. The bloatware isn\\\'t HTC\\\'s fault and I would encourage everyone to never purchase anything vzw tries to shove down your throat. I know the nexus will test better, but real world usage will yeild.litle to no difference. And I can wait for ICS.

Build quality 10/10 Feels solid and great in the hand. Razr feels too wide and not very ergonomically sound.
Reception 9/10 A couple of dropped calls, nothing too serious
Call quality 9/10 Speakerphone could use a little more volume.
Internet 10/10 Fast
Multimedia 9/10 Should be able to use beats in any program and not just music
Camera 10/10 Best out right now and the high definition ffc is epic
UI speed 9/10 A few slight pauses, just incrementally slower than gs2
Everyday usage 9/10 I think sense might bog down the system a little. Seems like 1.5 ghz should be a little quicker.
Text input 9/10 Predictions are pretty good but still switched to SwiftKey.
Display 10/10 Hands down the best available
Battery 5/10 Only 7-8 hours with mild to moderate use.

Pros

• Everything else

Cons

• Battery Life. Not slow, but slower than you would expect from 1.5 dual core

Kanati
posted on 21 Nov 2011, 17:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)

Kanati has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I got this phone the week it came out and I love it. The screen is great high quality, it looks like my tv at home. I am a big music listener and Beats never disappoints on sound quality. Its super fast with 4G, but that being said it also kills the battery. Battery life is the only problem I've had, but I was on it almost the full time too though.

Pros

• 4G
  • Beats Audio
  • 8mp Camera
  • 720p Screen