Samsung GALAXY W User Reviews

Build quality7.7/10
Text input8.3/10
Everyday usage8.3/10

demoalaa
posted on 04 Sep 2012, 05:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)

Awesome

demoalaa has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone is the best, it helped me in everything , my jop while traveling and in calls and it was very fast reponding to me so really its the best and i advice ppl to buy it and get a happy life with it

Islammashaly
posted on 30 May 2012, 15:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)

Wonderful compared to it's price

Islammashaly has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've been using this phone for over 2 months and it's working well. Although it's got a high speed processor it's RAM isn't that good (I have to restart the phone it a couple of times per day to restart it's ram). The video quality is super cool but somehow in the still camera shoots i've seen better 5MP cameras.
However I recommend this phone for people with heavy daily usage of smart phones and for people who don't want to pay much and enjoy a great deal of features.

Camera 8/10 Normal Photo Quality But Great Video Quality

Pros

• Superb Price
  • Good screen resolution

Cons

• 512 RAM
  • Battery Life (as most smart phones less than 24 hrs)

Islammashaly alternatives:

stilllooking
posted on 29 May 2012, 11:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 May 2012)

Total garbage

stilllooking has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The most expensive and easily the worst phone I have ever had. Have had to have it exchanged three times in four months because it keeps failing. Overly sensitive when you don't want it to be - no sensitivity when you want to actually use it. Piss poor functionality - too complicated, difficult, functions too hidden. Does things you will never need but can't do basic obvious things - like delete draft messages! Microphone keeps failing, rubbish reception, rubbish battery power, rubbish screen time. Hate, hate, hate it. Total dross. People just get seduced by looks over function.

Pros

Cons

• Too many to list - see above.

kendrac
posted on 10 Apr 2012, 17:49 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)

I own and love this phone!! I highly recommend purchasing the Samsung Galaxy W!

kendrac has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I should start by stating that this is my first product review ever but I am doing this because I am that thrilled with the Samsung Galaxy W. My concern is that the phone does not stand out visually when placed next to all of the other aesthetically pleasing androids; therefore I can see it being scanned over quickly and not being selected, which is unfortunate because it is truly a fantastic phone.

I purchased this phone as a replacement for the Galaxy Europa and before that I owned a blackberry curve. So far I am thrilled with this phone, it's fantastic for customizing, texting, phone calls, social networking, emailing, browsing and has a ton of fantastic applications as well as widgets. I read the reviews about it being tacky and cheap, however I find it to be absolutely fine and also quite comfortable to handle. My friend has owned the Samsung Galaxy S for a couple of years, his phone has a thin backing as well and it has not been an issue for him; even after it has been dropped multiple times.

My last android was gorgeous and slick in appearance but had a tiny screen, I could barely use the keyboard,I would have to unlock the screen during a phone call and it took a long time to respond to the most basic commands or would freeze completely and shut down; therefore I would take a plain looking phone that is amazing over one that is simply attractive.

I also have to say that as far as the camera goes, it's fine and plus who cares when most people own cameras...

Camera 8/10 I honestly haven't used the camera that much, I own an DSLR and usually do not use cameras on phones.
Battery 8/10 I find that it has the same battery life that any other smartphone does, it depends on your use and if you keep the wifi running.

AliAlawneh
posted on 19 Mar 2012, 10:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)

Best phone ever have

AliAlawneh has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I think this phone is excellent a cpu with (1.4 ghz) and a RAM with
(512 mb) make it very powerful the ui is very beautiful its shape is excellent batrrey life is very good and it runs the latest version of android( 2.3.6 ) all of this at a good price

Vyker
posted on 06 Dec 2011, 13:11 (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)

The SII in a realistic size!! Galaxy W fills the gap!

Vyker has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The Galaxy W I8150 is the perfect phone for users that are unsettled by the larger brother, the Galaxy S II.
When I researched a new Android phone to replace my old one, I had looked at a whole range of phones from the LG Optimus to the HTC Desire S, and even within the Samsung range itself.
The W has a 3.7" screen, which is the perfect sized screen for users that just want a good fast phone, I'm not keen on carrying a large phone like the SII, and the compromise for giving up an SII for a W are not difficult.
One core CPU clocked at 1.4ghz is more than enough for anything. It's done everything I want flawlessly. The CPU allows for really clean smooth homescreen switching, even with loads of widgets and a Live Wallpaper.

The phone sits in the mid-upper range of the Galaxy line-up. But in reality, what it lacks to be classed as a premium phone really isn't enough to ignore this phone and pay double for a step up.

You're basically getting a top end phone for half the price - insofar as using a phone for a phone, calling and texting. At half the price of an SII, its a no brainer.

If you're struggling to choose between this phone and any of the following phones, then struggle no more! The Galaxy W is the phone for you.
Phones I looked at before buying the W:
HTC Desire S
HTC Desire
LG Optimus 2x
Samsung Galaxy SII
Samsung Galaxy S Plus
Samsung Galaxy S
Nexus One

Pros

• Dense clear and bright Screen
  • Smooth UI Speed
  • Good build, Light and Thin
  • Good Price
  • 1.4Ghz CPU

Cons

• No LED notification indicator
  • Battery Life is only a day
  • Camera AutoFocus takes 1second too long

Buy This Phone