HTC EVO 4G LTE User Reviews

Build quality9.4/10
Text input8.8/10
Everyday usage8.6/10

phones1985
posted on 23 Mar 2014, 01:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Mar 2014)

Evos is the s**t

phones1985 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Ok I recieve an evo from a family member about a year ago. I say durable because the phone has fallen multiple times and still lived. I say fast cause it was, I would say very good battery life because we were good for leaving it unplugged. and I say all around good phone cause it took some lickins and kept on tickin. Evo did it for me. Imma get another one eventually, but I love my note 2 right now

Pros

• Strong phone
  • Fast phone
  • Durable phone
  • Sleek Light weight phone (when new)

Cons

• wish it would still work

SilverSurfer85
posted on 12 Apr 2013, 19:06 (Posts: 28; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)

Still one of the BEST phones out, although it is a few months old.

SilverSurfer85 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Not to sure why this phone did not get as much hype as the GS3 when its build qulity and UI surpasses SAMMY... I got this because my OEVO was beat up, and it was time to upgrade and cont. with my WOW Factor status. This phone is much better then the OEVO. I wont lie when it first came out there was a few issues just like any mobile device, but with time it became Solid. Not to sure why so many people are complaing about the Battery and Camera. It has alot to do with the Users knowledge of the device and how to set things up, so you are able to get the most of it. Alot of people I have come to realise dont read the manual, or try and adjust things accordingly. This is not an iCrap people... You actually have to read to figure out how to use it properly..

Build quality 9/10 I have the White version. They should have given it red in the kicstand and around the camera like the Black one.
Camera 9/10 The FC is not as crisp as an iCrap's front camera.
Everyday usage 10/10 Depending on my useage I am able to make it through a day, to a day 1/2... The least would only be one day, which would be like 7 or 8 when I get home.
Battery 10/10 Perfect... Not to sure what people are complaing about.

Pros

• GO GET ONE.

Cons

• Nothing

roosterdude
posted on 01 Mar 2013, 08:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)

Love this phone!!!

roosterdude has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

My second HTC phone. First was the original EVO - good phone. This new EVO is awesome! Fast UI and great features. I'm using it more and my laptop less because of all the features. I've found myself really dependent on this phone.

Pros

• Fast
  • Brilliant display
  • Great features

Cons

• Needs dual stereo speakers
  • Speaker should be louder

corvette72778
posted on 15 Jan 2013, 10:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)

HTC Evo LTE

corvette72778 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The EVO was a great phone when it came out. There weren't really any major issue. However, poor quality control with the software updates has hurt the reputation of HTC and the EVO brand.. Very very buggy. No more HTC phones for me.

Pros

• HTC Sense
  • Very nice displace
  • Kickstand
  • SD Slot
  • Metal Frame

Cons

• Short battery life after JB update
  • Poor Quality control for the last 2 updates.
  • Non-removeable battery
  • Very buggy

roxielc26
posted on 14 Jan 2013, 17:33 (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Jan 2013)

My Favorite HTC Phone Yet

roxielc26 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

i got this phone when it first came out and i was blown away with all the features of this phone. i have used all htc phone except a couple samsung phones like the moment, epic 4g, and the new s3 and they were all horrible slow freezing phones. i never have problems with my htc phones. a lot of the bad reviews i see here are user error not using it right. like the first one that appears saying the camera is horrible but yet all my photos that i take with this phone look proffessional and i just point and shoot thats the point of the dedicated camera button. the beats audio is fantastic especially with beats headphones, the only thing that upsets me is when jelly bean arrived it took the more girly skins away which helped me make it more my phone, but overall BEST PHONE SPRINT HAS!!!!

Pros

• great camera
  • almost 2 days of battery power depending on your usage
  • beautiful design
  • sense update
  • fast internet

Cons

• nothing wrong

roxielc26 alternatives:

coloradoguy
posted on 06 Nov 2012, 11:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)

Awful camera!!

coloradoguy has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Having been a loyal Samsung user, I came to HTC after having several bad samsung phones in a row. I was initially impressed with the htc's looks and better connectivity than I was having with the samsung. While enjoying the better connectivity, I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with the camera which had such rave reviews. After much experimentation and consulting with sprint and htc, it just appears that the camera is what it is....and that is the worst camera I've used since disposables. I went on a trip shortly after getting the camera and didn't take another camera along because this camera was so raved about.....a whole trip through the beautiful SW USA and I got one picture that was acceptable. The colors were extremely disappointing and the vast majority are really grainy and out of focus. And this is not user stupidity. I spent a great deal of time experimenting with settings and using the highest resolution settings. and that is another downside, is that this is not a point and shoot camera, each shot requires different settings to be set which do not stay set so you have to reset each shot you take in many cases. Yes, there a lot of options on this phone's camera which can be interesting but it takes a lot of setting to get set up for each shot, which is a major downside to this camera.

The other extremely disappointing thing is that there is no memo on the htc, so you can't save a memo and paste in text or email. On my samsung it was so easy to...

Camera 1/10 pictures are grainy, out of focus, extremely disappointing colors. very very disappointing!!
Text input 3/10 phone lacks ability to paste memo into text!! a very simple yet useful feature on other phones that I miss very much. Now, I have to type directions to every client instead of attaching memo in text. :-(((
Battery 2/10 Have your usb power cord wherever you go!!

Pros

• connectivity
  • sleek design and feel

Cons

• extremely poor camera qualtiy
  • extrememly poor unremovable battery
  • no memo

gorkapr
posted on 23 Aug 2012, 20:25 (Posts: 41; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)

AWESOME PHONE!!!!

gorkapr has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

it's better than others evo's, faster, better battery, HD display, awesome camera, at last, BETTER THAN ANYONE IN THE MARKET RIGHT NOW!!! SV-DO integrated (talk & surf on 3G!!!!) fast cpu (1.5 GHz), the white color is beautiful!!!!

Build quality 10/10 is a solid phone!!!!!
Reception 10/10 i wait a lot for a HTC mega-Phone
Call quality 10/10 HD voice is not available at this moment, but the speaker are much better, and 2-mics are great!!
Internet 10/10 very useful, and fast load
Multimedia 10/10 better HTC player, HD display
Camera 10/10 2 words: IMAGE SENSE!!!!
UI speed 10/10 Sense 4 is fast, versatil and beautiful
Everyday usage 10/10 Sense Calendar is better than the Android camera, social networking on sense is the fastest way to post to FB o Twitter.
Text input 10/10 in landscape mode, you have a BIG keyboard, and its great!!!
Display 10/10 720p HD Display!!!!
Battery 10/10 the battery last almost a full day (8am to 8pm) with wifi off, bluetooth off, nfc off

Pros

• HD Display
  • Kickstand
  • Large Battery
  • thin
  • microsd expansion
  • image sense camera

Android4u
posted on 16 Aug 2012, 19:03 (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)

Android4u has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

In short, the evo 4G lte has been awesome. I was debating between this or the s3 and I am sure glad I decided to pick this bad boy up. Display, camera, ui, etc is great. Only downside is the non removable battery.

Pros

• Camera, display, design

Cons

• Sprint has horrible network

borderboy15
posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)

great phone

borderboy15 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

good phone for cost and really good camera. really fast. i got it before it was released to the public and it has not let me down yet. battery is better than any other evo's in the past and i have had them all.

dollface918
posted on 25 Jul 2012, 23:25 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)

Wonderful phone BUT....

dollface918 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is an amazing phone, and it was Soo hard to send it back but my issue with this is not the phone but the Sprint Network. Basically it's the only one that sells this phone and it doesnt do justice to how wonderful this phone is. I bought it with the idea that Sprint said on July 15th, in Houston (where I reside) the internet was going to be fast (at 4g speeds). I bought it for a trial period and I only noticed it got strong 3g speeds and when I'm at work, it barely had any signal at all. It fluctuates and it only get's strong when you are in an outside area (which defeats the purpose because Im usually driving). Honestly, I don't know how others deal with it but I expect my smartphone to be reliable. That's why I sent it back.

As for the phone itself, my only CON is that the battery life is very low. It's suppose to sustain to 7 hours talking time but without doing anything, the battery dies anyway (and I don't even have any open apps). Basically by mid day (if you use it a lot like me), it can't go a day without charging. As for the PROS, it's easy to understand, the screen is really big & typing was not a problem. Picture quality, it's good, I did't use it very much but when I transfered my pictures to the phone, they looked amazing. The one thing I miss about this phone is that it was so conviniently customized on each screen. For exp, it had one page for Bookmarks (just one click and it takes you there), contacts, your favorite people, just one click and it...

Pros

• large screen
  • organized
  • great sound, music
  • clear talk
  • overall great phone

• horrible Sprint network

ewill88
posted on 25 Jul 2012, 01:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)

AWESOME PHONE!!

ewill88 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Money was well spent. I upgraded from a great phone (EVO 3D) to the BEST phone. I really thought about buying the S3 but I felt like I was cheating on my EVO. I can't put this phone down and my wife is getting jealous. Thank you HTC, you've out done yourself this time.

fabioleal11
posted on 28 Jun 2012, 20:39 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)

You Should buy

fabioleal11 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was thinking evo or s3 i have the evo and my first worry was the battery i will tell you my battery gives me 24 hours like right now my son is play games has two hours already and we have about 85% , one thing is the flash whats i just made work with firefox but this is a android problem not the phone . the evo its super sexy good quality material i always said i like android but the iPhone quality material was the best , you really can say its same quality now . the camera really good even better than my old evo .

Pros

Cons

• android 4.0

PradaMir
posted on 17 Jun 2012, 02:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jun 2012)

Its Really awesome

PradaMir has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The evo 4G LTE is really a great phone the display is just gorgeous the camera is mesmerizing and the processing speed is speedy. It has a wonderful design to me, i think they could have made it trully outstanding if they would have gave it a little bigger of a battery maybe like a 2400MAPH something that would really blow your socks off or maybe a 10MP Camera or a water resistance something that other phone would never be able to compete with but all in all a wonderful device definitely worth the money and if you have the Evo 3D its a Great upgrade minus the 3D.

Build quality 10/10 It feels Great in the hand very sturdy device seems like it you were to drop it would get up and keep it moving without a scartch.
Reception 9/10 Excellent much better than older evo models.
Call quality 10/10 Calls are very clear but waitnig for that HD voice, Got a 10 because i know when HD voice come it will be a really great device to talk on.
Internet 9/10 Pretty fast device were i am. And i know when it gets LTE it will be Great to use.
Multimedia 10/10 This device was built for this kinda work so its no surprise it has a great of 1.5GHz dual-core S4 processor it was made for this.
Camera 10/10 Again this camera is perfect there truly is arguably no competitor. But like i said they should have sealed the deal with a 10MP camera.
Everyday usage 9/10 No problems so far its really a 10 but im giving a minus 1 just in case after a month or so it really shows its true colors lol.
Display 10/10 Beautiful........ Much better than alot of phones out today arguably one of the best when it comes to quality screens, and it has Gorilla Glass 2.
Battery 9/10 Battery usage is pretty good on this device. It last me all the way through the day with moderate usage.

• Display + Gorilla Glass 2
  • Software
  • KickStand
  • Interenal Memory (16GB)

PradaMir alternatives:

Geezy03
posted on 12 Jun 2012, 00:03 (Posts: 43; Member since: 10 Apr 2009)

best phone out

Geezy03 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone was worth the wait. It is awesome and I haven't put it down yet since I purchased it on 6/9. It's really fast I love the beats audio the best. Sense 4.0 is great even though I miss the carousel feature. Camera takes exellent photos, great call quality

Pros

• Micro SD slot
  • very responsive
  • beats audio
  • feels great in the hand
  • Kick stand

absolutali
posted on 21 Jun 2012, 16:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 May 2012)

Love this phone!

absolutali has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Simple, fast, clear, great camera, great sound quality, great phone. Different from the original Evo 4G, but took no time at all to get used to. Very glad it came with the built in kick-stand, though I had to get a case that had the kick-stand built into it because the case covered the original kick stand.

• Build quality

Commentator
posted on 17 Jun 2012, 22:21 (Posts: 2292; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)

Best Smartphone on US Market

Commentator has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

There was a time last year, around the launch of the Galaxy S II, that I made a sacred oath unto God that never again would I buy an HTC handset. I did this for two reasons: reason one was HTC's penchant for using TFT displays; and reason two was HTC's constant use of Qualcomm processors.

A year later, however, call me an oathbreaker and a heretic because I've bought the HTC Evo 4G LTE and haven't regretted it since.

Interestingly, I bought it for the same reasons that I, until recently, despised HTC: the S-LCD 2 panel is without equal, easily outdoing its rivals in color reproduction, brightness, and viewing angles; the Qualcomm S4 Krait is pretty darn good too.

The build quality is also fantastic, and I think of the Evo as if the One X and One S got together and had a kid: it combines the One X's beautiful screen with the One S' aluminum-unibody-with-polycarbonate-inserts. If the One X and One S are the mommy and daddy, respectively (or irrespectively, I don't care), then the Evo 4G and Evo 3D are the grandparents... or something. Confusing familial relations aside, the new Evo combines the best of both its predecessors: the kickstand from the 4G and the camera button from the 3D. Simply put, it's a wonder both to behold and to hold, and is surprisingly light and thin.

Positive qualities aside, however, there are a couple things that could be better. The first is HTC's Sense 4, which, while being extremely fluid and snappy (rivaling the UI speed of the iPhone), has problems...

Build quality 10/10 For me build quality isn't how much of a beating a phone can take (although it does feel rock solid), but how it feels in the palm of my hand. Frankly, the cool aluminum is great to the touch, and feels much better than its One X counterpart.
Reception 10/10 The reception I've been getting is as good if not better than any other Sprint phone I've used, so no complaints here, although I do wish Sprint would make the reception matter... you know, with faster speeds...
Call quality 10/10 Call quality has been superb, without a hint of background noise.
Internet 10/10 With its 4.7" 720p screen, browsing is fantastic, and surprisingly fluid even with Flash enabled.
Multimedia 9/10 For the most part, music sounds great and videos look awesome, although I wish it supported more formats, specifically Divx.
Camera 9/10 Camera shots look great, especially in well-lit areas. I've noticed, however, that graininess does increase as the light-level goes down, but this is to be expected on a smartphone camera. ImageSense coupled with a dedicated camera button make this arguably the most intuitive camera interface around.
UI speed 8/10 As far as speed goes, the UI simply flies, rivaling even the iPhone and Windows Phones, although I'm a little annoyed with HTC's multitasking tweaks, which can slow a user down when switching between several apps. While I find Sense 4 beautiful to look at, others will probably be a little turned off by it.
Everyday usage 10/10 If "everyday usage" means a balance between multimedia, camera, gaming, and every other mainstream usage, than this phone is without rival, except perhaps the Galaxy S III.
Text input 10/10 Text input is great on such a large screen, and while the directional keys are oft maligned, I have made great use of them, especially when editing typos, etc.
Display 10/10 Amazing color output, crystal-clear resolution, fantastic viewing angles, exceptional brightness, and darn-good contrast levels make this the most awe-inspiring display I've ever seen on a smartphone, and possibly anywhere (maybe I need to get out more, but I stand by my words). Oftentimes I turn my phone on simply to look blankly at its screen, taking in its stunning beauty. I would rank it higher if I could.
Battery 8/10 Battery life is more than adequate for an average day's use, and in fact is probably still one of the best found in any smartphone, but it pales in comparison to the one found in the Motorola Razr Maxx. Had the Maxx never been launched, I'd probably rank the Evo much higher in the battery department.

Pros

• Best-in-class screen
  • Fast processor and GPU
  • Solid construction
  • Great in-call quality
  • ImageSense
  • Camera button + kickstand

Cons

• Sense 4 could be better
  • Battery, while sufficient, isn't mind-blowing

Commentator alternatives:

becazican
posted on 07 Jun 2012, 10:16 (Posts: 52; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)

dont waste your money

becazican has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

will be returning this one, too many floors in it, didnt mind waiting for lte but to have a lousy product really sucks, like to put my phone on its side on nightstand w the kickstand out so it turns into an alarm clock , cant because the power cord is there. too many other flaws, battery life is terrible and i dont even surf the net that much

Pros

• love the kickstand like the original evo

Cons

• battery life sucks