Danger Hiptop II / T-Mobile Sidekick II User Reviews

Pete
posted on 04 Jan 2008, 16:14

4.4

What REALLY makes this phone look bad...

What actually makes this phone look bad, especially since the user reviews thus far have been praising this phone, is that it's users can't seem to type proper grammatical sentences nor can they actually spell. It kind of makes the phone seem useless when you can't type things correctly...

Anyway, the phone is quite large and isn't pocket friendly, despite the fact that they slimmed down the phone and made it lighter. And honestly... for the amount of money that one pays for this phone, you could purchase a much better phone that accomplishes everything the sidekick II does and MORE!

The call quality is terrible and the only innovative thing this phone retains is the swivel screen... which at this point is really not that innovative... To me this phone is a waste of money in the market as you can purchase a better messaging, multimedia and entertainment phone for the same price... sorry to those who think they bought a decent phone.

Lindsay
posted on 29 Nov 2006, 19:31

Sidekick a Save

I've had a sidekick since day 1. starting from the sidekick 1 color i upgraded to a limited edition* Juicy Couture Sidekick II that is awesome, cute and compliments anyones and everyones style including mine, and it's helped me through so much. from it's baby pink color to its QWERTY keyboard, its a definite timesaver! it's quick& easy keyboard helps to stay connected and get things done faster and better looking.

Adam
posted on 20 Jun 2006, 16:06

My Trusty Sidekick

My Sidekick II has been with me since the day I received it, and I will not be getting a new phone anytime soon. Id have to say that the best thing about this device is the texting. The texting is just so convenient and fast and you can always say what needs to be said in no time. This would have definately been worth my money if I had paid for it.

asskicker
posted on 11 Dec 2005, 22:05

what a mobile?

this is procust is quite awesome, because of it's physical looks, performance but there's something wrong with this unit, it was "no video" which make this look bad.

shelby
posted on 30 Nov 2005, 07:20

best phone yet

Everyone needs a sidekick. The world would be a better place. Its so easy to use, just a couple more features and its a laptop to. How awsome.......

Karrie
posted on 10 Nov 2005, 20:56

Love It!

So, I upgraded from the Sidekick color to the Sidekick 2 color and have been completely satisfied with the new features. Others are expecting full computer capabilities which is absolutely ridiculous. The Sidekick is just a phone with internet features, so do not expect websites to come up as easily as they do on a laptop. The sites that matter come up, including mail, search, and ultimately the quick bartender guide!... I've had a Sidekick for 3 years now, and will continue to upgrade until I can't anymore... It's design is great, keyboard is time saving, and definitely the center of conversation when someone sees you with it. Great job Danger!

meli
posted on 04 Nov 2005, 17:57

Disppointment in sidekick2 performance

Im acctually very disappointed in the service i get with the sidekick 3 im paying 20 dollars for internet service and cant get in to some sites becase javascrit is not supported Danger could have did much better

Nini
posted on 24 Oct 2005, 22:12

Danger

If the sidekicker II had more features like bluetooth or the infra red i think it would be better.
Well there's still room for improvement and am waiting to see the new sidekicker III which i hope would also come with java support

Alex
posted on 14 Oct 2005, 19:29

T-mobile Sidekick 2

Just to answer a few of those questions above me. The java is coming out supposedly around the first of 2006, and the sidekick 3 is supposed to be expected by christmas if it does ever come out.
-Alex

Andy E
posted on 25 Aug 2005, 00:51

disappointed new user

I'm sorry to say that this new high-tech phone with some PDA features does not come up to my expectations. TX quality is less than my ancient Nokia 5165, web sites load quite slowly and standard Java is not supported. The screen is quite readable but the "splash" graphics are juvenile and the phone, in spite of its qwerty keyboard, does not even include a basic calculator.I see a lot of potential here, but at the moment this is simply a novelty gizmo.

DelAugus
posted on 17 Aug 2005, 20:20

Needs For Java

I can't wait to have Java on this thing...It's the coolest Phone I've had in 5 years. Got unltd text msgs w/ T-mobile, browsing the net (html capability) which is some what cool but won't let you access some sites that uses JavaScript. I like almost everything about it, except for lack of feature on the email, such as blocking Unwanted emails/addresses and the most important one, JAVA. We were told we'd have it at the end of this year but to me the year is almost gone...
JAVA! JAVA! JAVA! JAVA!

uglyduckling
posted on 03 Aug 2005, 23:23

improvement

my issue with Sidekick II is....how come this device lacks javascript? What exactly are "cookies?" This device would be so up to snuff if it had javascript. I inquire of the folks @ Danger & T-Mobile: What gives?

Equip the Sidekick with JAVASCRIPT!!!!!!!!

Dustin
posted on 01 Jul 2005, 14:17

..:::2:::..

I think that the sidekick 2 is great, i have friends that have them, I mess aroundwiththem, i agree about the java. I am gettin one next nov. Im hoping the sidekick 3 will come out soon, I think that the design is great.

Andrew
posted on 27 May 2005, 17:53

T-Mobile Sidekick 2

i think the T-Mobile Sikdekick 2 is amazing everything is brilliant , the Email is soo fast if you want to keep in the go and its just amazing if you don't have one go out and buy itt becuase honestly you will regret.. Loudspeak is brilliant everyone thinks it would feel bulky in your pocket not at all u hardly notice that its there.

dawdb
posted on 15 May 2005, 10:34

improve sidekick II

I think sidekick 2 is goog bt it could be better. It needs some sort of video player and memory card. And it needs be able to suport javascript that is very important

blueberry
posted on 01 May 2005, 21:25

sk2

ive had my sk2 for a while now and so far i love it. i think its much more better then the first 2 sidekicks. the camera and flash could have been better. java is coming real soon so i dont need to say anything about that. um.. javascript would be freaking great but again danger tells us its going to be out sooon but the first ota is going to be java then javascript but i dont see why they cant release both at the same time. the sound quality and reception strenght is just as good if not better then my nokia 6600 and we know nokia has a reputation with great reception and voice quality. now i can use my phone on those back roads out in the sticks without losing service at all... speaker phone is good and loud and so is the ringers. vibrate motor is a little weak and the sk1 colors vibrate motor is a little stronger. battery life is good 4.5 hours of talk time which is good since i dont even talk that long straight. now the bad... its a little bigger then the sk1 B&W and color but thinner. its kinda ackward to do a hard reset with the sk2. its really hard to get use to if you have the sidekick color for a while. the bottons on the keyboard is a little too close to eachother and the number bottons under the screen is a little hard to press if you have big fingers but thats not the case with me.. YAY.. lol.. the wheel feels a little iffy at times.. you might even think its going to break. the screen is a little hard to open sometimes. if i was to rate this phone 1 out of 10 i would...

Jr
posted on 25 Apr 2005, 15:56

SidekickII great Looking foward for Sidekick III

The sidekick II is great I'v had the sidekick I and upgraded to the II. I'm looking foward to the sidekickIII, they need to add Mp3, and megapixel camera. Check out the ericson http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=us&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_loader&php=php1_10245&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10245. If they could some some of these features, the next SideKick should be hot.

King T
posted on 25 Apr 2005, 10:02

the sidekick3

I think if they make anything differient from the sidekick2, they need to upgrade the camera and add the bluetooth feature as in other of the T-Mobile phones.

posted on 05 Apr 2005, 17:48

sidekick III?

That is a good point but when i came across one ericcson that had all the features I was hoping for the only problem is that the phone in question cost about 700 dollars a little over priced.All I am trying to say is that the sidekick needs more mp3/mpeg features. Not just only internet browsing and chatting. That is good, but without some other components;like more customization of the phone. Think of this: if you had a phone that had all the features of the sidekick PLUS the ability of customization, a better camera with a reasonable flash, and mp3/radio with an upgradable amount of memory which any file type could be put on it that would be a phone that I would buy. sidekickIII? I have seen and tryed out the sidekick so my opinion is not refutable.
this is the phone that I was mentioning before...

Kris
posted on 05 Apr 2005, 16:22

device & service

I would say it's an average phone. It does everything that any multimedia phone does - pix, ims, games, calendars, emails, and others. But any other phone that costs $50 can do that. One kick I get out of it is real-net browsing. It sucks when the SERVICE is down - everything else goes down. And when they go down - the service goes down for almost a WEEK! Things that bugged me down is java... even a v300 can work JAVASCRIPT! What's going on danger? Sidekick II also can't work FLASHPLAYER. So, it is a cam phone. But a lot more camera phones can do so much better. I guess I'm not so thrilled about this product. Again - it is the only device that does real-web browsing. It may be a cam phone, but it's actually more of a data device. The voice service is not clear, battery life is low... so... to me it's fairly standard - if there's anything that'll raise the bar on this - it's just the real-web browsing.

posted on 26 Mar 2005, 13:19

sidekick improvements

aright ppl im thinking about getting a sidekick II but I dont know....if t-mobile could come out with a phone like the sidekickII that could play music listen to the radio and be able to hook up to your computor with no extera charge AND have the communication that the current sidekick II has. THAT would be a phone worth buying where you could listen to music AND have the connectivity that the sidekick II has.
I did some reaserch on the K700i( sony ericcson)
,http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=us&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10139
and if you could mix a sidekick with a phone like that you would have a phone that everyone would buy.

~

Will
posted on 18 Mar 2005, 22:21

Sidekick II very nice

I just got mine over a month ago. And I got to say, I really do like it. Overall it's a very nice, and really special phone. I learned how to use all the features soon, but I really never knew about the USB port. I know it comes with one and where it's located, the only thing is I need to know what can be put on the phone.

Capone
posted on 13 Mar 2005, 21:16

sidekick 2

scott how do i download the hiptop i was on the site and i don't see a download option. someone pls help!!! i really to make a ringtone i know i can and i think that it can happen

BxBabe
posted on 05 Mar 2005, 11:11

The NEW GENERATION OF HOT PHONES!!!!

This phone is one of the best phones that T-mobile has eva came out with! It has a cool design and changeable
shoulder buttons to fit your mood, and belive me, I am moody. So this is the best phone for me. The only thing I would change is the battery feature and plate color.

Scott
posted on 28 Feb 2005, 09:27

Hiptop T-Mobile Sidekick II

I bought my Sidekick II this past November and I love it. A very versatile phone, this is. It's extremely handy in boring situations and very helpful when quick directions are needed(Yahoo! Maps, etc.).

I dare say this phone is built like a tank. I've dropped it on tile floors, concrete, everything and I pick it up and it's completely immune to anything that just happened.

In response to Hojomojo's post I have a few replies.

I don't know what you're talking about with this USB stuff. I'm a hiptop developer, it didn't cost me a dime. I already had a USB cable so I didn't have to go out and purchase one. And yes, you can simply download ringtones and install them. I create my own. You just have to download HipTop Console for FREE from Danger's site and get a developer's key for FREE and spend a little work and effort learning the programming language.

Concerning batteries, that's just a personal preference. Personally, I'm quite surprised at the battery life of my Sidekick II.

About the onboard camera - It's a camera phone, not a $1,200 Canon. What were you expecting?

I think you're just very confused about some things. I don't find the Sidekick II very limited at all. The only thing I'd like in it would be Java capabilities.

But for a $200 phone, it's incredible.

Scott