Motorola DROID X User Reviews

Build quality9.4/10
Internet9.2/10
Battery7.7/10

Aireck
posted on 11 Jan 2014, 00:29 (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)

An old forgotten legend

Aireck has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is a great phone for it's time but, now that it has been two years, the Droid x cannot keep up. This phone has a great screen. Very nice contrast and the text is easily read. One of the cons of this phone are minor battery issues.The back casing can easily slip off and the battery life is not great but not that bad either. I just wish I could go One day without charging this bad boy. The SD card was definitely a mistake. Horrible placing nonetheless. The buttons will start to wear out if you do not take care of this phone. If anything this would be a great "practice phone." It's not expensive and an okay smartphone. I would recommend this phone to a 13 year old. I'm enjoying it so far but I just found out The SD card makes this phone freeze up exponentially! Remember, this is not a flagship device anymore. It's sole purpose was to never drop a call and it does an amazing job at that.

Build quality 9/10 Incredibly strong, but the battery case can be easily removed on accident.
Internet 8/10 Eh kinda slow but okay
Multimedia 10/10 The big screen allows great visual entertainment
Camera 8/10 The camera takes a while to load, and the features don't have a big effect. Somewhat useless. You are waaayyyy better off getting an actual camera.
Everyday usage 8/10 The Droid x will get the job done... Just give it a sec.
Text input 10/10 All of the letters are wonderful. Texting is quick and easy.
Display 10/10 It's big and bright! On a sunny day I would still recommend a little bit of shade, though.
Battery 7/10 After 9 hours of stand-by time, my phone would be around 80 percent. When I first got this phone I could use it straight for 5-6 hours. You will definitely need to charge it every night. No doubt about it! When the battery gets around 15 these annoying pop ups appear telling you need to charge it, and then all of a sudden the screen looses brightness. If possible get an extended battery for less than $30 or get a mobile charger for $70 because this phone just will not last.

Pros

• Display is amazing
  • It's less than $80 almost anywhere
  • Could be a great first phone

• Android 2.1.1

masons
posted on 31 Oct 2013, 00:12 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)

tank

masons has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I use to throw this phone 30 feet on concrete and it still didnt break. It was great in its time. I wish they made this phone with a snapdragon 800 processor and a 1080 display. 4g is a a must have. 3g is so slow compared to 4g.

Pros

• hard to break

Lauren_R
posted on 15 Nov 2012, 17:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)

Absolutely HATED it!

Lauren_R has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had this phone for about a year and a half before I finally got the Samsung Galaxy S3. I had so many problems with this phone. It always crashed, the battery started dying after only a year, the SD card died within nine months, etc.

Internet 3/10 The phone often disconnected from the internet, causing me to restart it.
Text input 9/10 About one of the only good things on this phone.

Pros

• keyboard

• froze constantly

mas1205
posted on 13 Jun 2011, 10:18 (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Jul 2010)

Love my DROID X

mas1205 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

So far I love my Droid X it does everything I want and more. Plus I got the phone for $ 30.00. Who needs an iPhone when you have got a DROID X that does everything and more but cost way less. Way to go Moto!!! My got the Samsung Fascinate for $30.00 too and I like it but it doesn't have the sturdy build my DROID X has. The next thing I will get will be the charging station for it and car adapter.

Pros

• Updated to gingerbread and runs great
  • Love the customization options
  • Metal build
  • Navigation works great

Skeptic
posted on 03 Jun 2011, 09:27 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Jun 2011)

droid x

Skeptic has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

the Droid X is a very good android phone, it is a great example of how a phone should be in terms of construction and operation. Motorola did a great job in putting the OMAP3 in and a 8mp camera and the gorilla glass with a aluminum body around the screen. they phone is solid and has a ideal weight to it, without the bulky body.

Pros

• great processor
  • great battery
  • solid phone
  • big screen
  • runs the UI very quick and well

Cons

• boatware
  • hd video quality could be better

Droidude
posted on 28 May 2011, 17:52 (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Jul 2010)

Pretty awesome phone

Droidude has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love this phone. If it had a hardware keyboard, it would be nearly perfect. Battery life is surprisingly good for a large screen smartphone. The camera isn't great for 8MP but it isn't bad either. HTC does better 8MP camera sensors. UI is very easy to move around and use. Overall my favorite Droid phone. All around great phone!

Build quality 9/10 Its mostly metal, and rubberized coating over the metal. The screen is Gorilla Glass, so it's almost impervious to scratches.
Reception 9/10 Very nice reception for a cell phone. No hissing and I've never dropped a call....ever on Verizon.
Call quality 9/10 Nice, the 3 microphones keep everything nice.
Internet 10/10 Sick and quick. It's like having a laptop in your pocket. 4G is nice, but the battery life is REALLY bad, so 3G is fast enough for me.
Multimedia 10/10 Easy to use, great pre loaded apps.
Camera 7/10 Mediocre for a 8 MP camera. My old HTC Touch Pro 2 with a 3.2MP sensor shot just as good pics. Video quality is pretty decent.
UI speed 10/10 Very quick 3G phone. I won't feel the need to go to 4G until they can manage battery life better. I get a full day, easily, on a charge.
Everyday usage 9/10 A bit large, thats the only complaint, it's easy to use and see and Android is such a great OS once you figure the nuances out.
Text input 8/10 Lakcs a hardware keyboard. The onscreen keyboard, in landscape mode, has large keys but requires you to pay close attention for correct input. Best onscreen keyboard out there though.
Display 9/10 Very bright and easy to read. No issues at all.
Battery 9/10 Better battery life than some other Droid products I've had. Very happy overall

Pros

• Screen, Steady OS, camera, ease of use.
  • Doesn't freeze up very often.

Cons

• A bit bulky, but not bad, no hardware keyboard.
  • Camera controls a bit balky.

Trevyn1109
posted on 24 Apr 2011, 13:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Apr 2011)

droid x is pretty amazing

Trevyn1109 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had this phone for a week now and I think its great. People say the battery isn't good but I went 24 hours without charging it and it stayed up pretty good. The screen is vivivid. Id say the only bad thing about this phone is it doesn't have a front facing camera. But video chat isn't that common anyways so tht doesn't matter much.

Pros

Cons

• cant think of anything.

SLIM DEZIO
posted on 31 Mar 2011, 15:38

DROID X SHOUD BE NAMED DROID COOL

SLIM DEZIO has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is fun if you want to.....call people,txt people, use internet, play with mojo, eat cereal, make pop tarts, it also has an app that works as toilet paper!!!!!!!!!!! I had a fun time with this phone until i tried to test the durability by dropping it out of my hotel room on the 32nd floor but you know it was worth

Pros

• Good
  • Fun
  • I can text people with my hands and nose
  • ITS BETTER THEN THE IPHONE
  • Takes great pictures if u like them

Cons

• Boring if you dont use it
  • When you hold the power button......it turns off
  • the camera kept taking pictures when I touched the camra

WhoDat808
posted on 04 Mar 2011, 21:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Feb 2011)

Better than Fascinate!

WhoDat808 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have had the samsung fascinate before the droid x and the droid x is much better. the build quality is way better than the fascinate's plastic build. the camera is great and widgets are cool. this phone is not too big unless you have really tiny hands. overall great phone!!!

Build quality 10/10 metal/solid
Battery 10/10 lasts up to 2 days. and i use the phone a lot.

Pros

• solid build
  • great battery life
  • excellent call quality
  • nice screen
  • better than the Samsung Fascinate

Cons

• laggy lockscreen

akatz
posted on 13 Feb 2011, 10:03

Didn't make the cut...

akatz has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I got the Droid X about two weeks ago and I loved it at first, but I soon had many issues with it. The biggest issue was that when people called me, it only showed their phone number until I picked it up or ignored it where it would FINALLY show me the contact information. The push email wasn't working well for me, and kept reloading my email so I always had a "new message", even though I had already read it or deleted it. The "8MP" camera was about the same quality of my Blackberry Storm2's 3.2MP camera. Even with the $50 extended battery, I barely got a full day of moderate use out of it. The best decision I made was to switch it out for the iPhone 4 which is 10x better!

Build quality 9/10 I'll give it this. The build quality of the device is very good.
Reception 9/10 more or less I didn't have any issues with the reception. It cut between 1X and 3G a little more than I would like.
Internet 8/10 still slow-- Flash 10.1 made it slower, but needed
Multimedia 8/10 Quality good, but not compatible with Mac, so moving files manually and over Bluetooth was slow
Camera 5/10 not 8MP quality
UI speed 5/10 It was slow, especially caller ID.
Text input 6/10 Swipe is cool, but gets frustrating. Sometimes would freeze when sending text or email
Battery 2/10 $50 extended battery, moderate use... barely got a day out of it

• Call reception

• UI Interface
  • UI Speed
  • caller ID

akatz alternatives:

Shadows
posted on 11 Feb 2011, 18:55

Top notch hardware, top notch network.

Shadows has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is built with incredible quality, the metal casing makes it feel very solid. The bump at the top really hasn't been a problem, a nice way to pull it out of the pocket or hold to the ear with. Speakerphone and ear speaker are great sounding as motorola's always are. Reception has been fine with me. Not a fan of the blur interface and proceeded to load a custom rom. Got a custom rom up and running though the locked bootloader has limited that. If you are considering this phone you won't be disappointed, at this time it is top of the line. In my opinion there is no other phone that can compare with it's hardware except perhaps the sprint Evo 4g. Battery life has been great, lasts me a 14 hour day with 30% left easy... i use it moderately. texting, browsing the internet. Very good when considering the massive screen and very thin phone size.

Build quality 10/10 Very solid, metal casing is nice, great hardware in general.
Reception 10/10 no problems, great network!
Call quality 10/10 great speaker, crisp and clear.
Internet 10/10 large screen and speedy network make browsing a pleasure, often more convenient than hauling out my laptop.
Multimedia 10/10 android allows for many different formats of music and video to be played, no problems here.
Camera 10/10 incredible quality, only feature of blur that i really like. plenty of options and good camera UI
UI speed 8/10 blur is ok for the average user, takes up tons of ram and internal space. much happier with my custom rom =D (liberty 1.5 if anyone is interested)
Everyday usage 10/10 great, battery is fine. does everything i need and much more.
Text input 10/10 multitouch keyboard and swype are responsive and have been a pleasure to use.
Display 10/10 huge screen makes everything i do much easier, especially web browsing and video viewing.
Battery 9/10 amazing considering the massive screen and powerful processor. lasts me through the day with ease even being overclocked.

Pros

• Great hardware
  • Great network
  • Awesome screen

Cons

• blur UI could be improved.

seanb3
posted on 06 Feb 2011, 17:52

great in the beginning, ok now..

seanb3 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

When i first got the phone it worked flawlessly and there was nothing wrong with it, but as time went on the phone stared to get glichy and freeze on me at least once a month. Also the battery only lasts 8 hours with heavy use on a full charge. Otherwise I still love the phone.

Chargercraig
posted on 03 Feb 2011, 15:00

Like it a lot

Chargercraig has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Bought my Droid X three weeks ago...mostly because everyone was telling me to get an iPhone and I really can't stand Apple! I love my phone and keep getting surprised by the amount of great features.

One recommendation I have for everyone out there is to uninstall the "Advanced Task Killer" app that comes with the phone. It was making my phone freeze constantly. I was advised by a Verizon employee that they had been having a lot of problems with it so I blew it away and haven't had a single problem since. I couldn't be more pleased.

Battery 8/10 The phone battery does not last as long as I would like...but then, I do use it a tremendous amount.

jordan
posted on 01 Feb 2011, 20:20

i love it

jordan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

is great , y compare this to the thunderboolt and they are the sameeee , the thunderbolt is the most new phone of htc and htc is good but the thunderbolt is now the best for htc and the droid x is the same i love it its great ...................... ...

Pros

• all

Cons

• in the fist week the speed browser was the best but in 3 week becoma a little slow

Fulaman
posted on 20 Jan 2011, 13:41

Superb Phone but....has rebooting issues

Fulaman has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I bought this phone Dec. 31st 2010, for the first few weeks I really loved it until it started doing random reboots during phone calls. I am an Avid Android user, and I will be taking this back tomorrow and trading it in for a Fascinate (Galaxy S) I'm aware that that phone does not have froyo but it will soon. That said, The Droid X does everything else flawlessly when it does not start random reboots. I recommend anyone trying to buy this phone conduct heavy research on it first It has a lot of pros that I guess overcome the cons. Motorola has poor customer service though. If you go to the Motorola Forums and Verizon forums you will see this rebooting problem is a common droid problem.

Build quality 8/10 Phone feels extremely sturdy in the hands as if it were well built with metal. Fix the Rebooting problem though Motorola, that would give the build quality a 10.
Reception 10/10 I am constantly getting strong 3G signals on this phone.
Call quality 8/10 I can hear my friends just fine all the time, but sometimes if I move the phone slightly away from my ear they are like huh what?
Internet 10/10 All Android OS phones come with a Variant of Mozilla Firefox Browser by default. You can always install Skyfire 3.0 as well. That said, With Flash 10.1 support, this phone is just amazing thanks to Android 2.2 for browsing.
Multimedia 10/10 Excellent 4.3 inch screen for watching movies.
Camera 10/10 I don't understand why everyone thinks the iphone 4s camera is so great, honestly I prefer the Droid X Camera.
UI speed 10/10 Froyo (android 2.2) is really fast on this phone.
Everyday usage 10/10 You have a computer in your pocket at all times.
Text input 10/10 By far the best virtual touchscreen keyboard I have ever used. I test phones out a lot. The bigger screen makes it easier to type.
Display 9/10 The 4.3" screen is really nice. It is no Super AMOLED like on the Galaxy S phones though. Everyone talks about iphone 4's retina display, but in all honesty the screen on the iphone 4 is too small.
Battery 9/10 Seems pretty good when you have Advanced Task Killer for Froyo running. I love it.

Pros

• Powerful, Fast, Flash 10.1 support with Froyo
  • Huge Screen, Physical Buttons on the Bottom
  • Android 2.2 (Froyo)

Cons

• Has a Random Rebooting Problem like the original Droid

LogAndroid
posted on 27 Dec 2010, 13:07

Droid X

LogAndroid has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just got this phone and have played with it everyday. I came from an env touch and this phone blows it out of the water. Motorola really did good here and created a true master piece. I wouldn't go anywhere without my Droid x now.. This phone really puts tech in the right direction. go android

Build quality 10/10 beautifully built feels good in the hands
Reception 10/10 Verizon
Call quality 10/10 3 mics and nice speaker

• verizon
  • android

lilpwner
posted on 23 Dec 2010, 17:03

Depends

lilpwner has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Droid X is a nice Android phone with some awesomeness and some flaws.
The MotoBlur interface is fast but not very good. It has a sturdy feeling to it and the screen is amazing. The camera is not 8MP quality. Photos look grainy. Video, however is very nice and rivals flip cameras.

Pros

• Awesome Screen
  • Excellent internet
  • Sturdy
  • Very snappy

Cons

• Speakerphone is robotic
  • battery not good
  • reception is mediocre

lilpwner alternatives:

Sinaps
posted on 22 Dec 2010, 19:15 (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Jul 2010)

Love it

Sinaps has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had this phone since the day it came out, and from day 1, I have not been able to put my phone down. Six months later and I still love my phone, its only my second smart-phone. Lets just go down the list. Build Quality- great, haven't had any problems with it, looks amazing, though with every phone I get, I have to have a case. Reception and call quality are always great thanks to Verizon. The internet is always fast on my phone, even on the go, away from home. The multimedia features- the music app could use a little work, not the best looking, but works. I love the camera, takes great shots, though sometimes, a few pictures can come out iffy, but when good pics come out, they are truly great. I use Launcher pro on my phone and even with that, the UI speed can get a little bumpy here and there. I use this thing everyday, whether it be casual, work, or for school, the battery could use some work. Text input is easy and great thanks to the gorgeous screen on this thing. Both keyboards are easy to use and big, I have no problems typing away, its actually kinda hard to use my ipod touch keyboard, it seems so small compared to the Droid X keyboard. Now, the battery, I would love to see this improved, but hey, it has to power that big screen, I'm happy about my phone. I love it.

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life (Lasts a day for me, but thats it)

JR_97321
posted on 18 Dec 2010, 17:40

Great for the internet but carry a spare battery or charger!

JR_97321 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Great internet phone. I rarely carry my laptop anymore. Quality of the camera is unimpressive, but that's not what I bought the phone for so it's not a big problem for me. GPS works great, I've had a lot of fun with the GPS and Google Maps. I use the Facebook app and that has worked great.

The big con to this phone is the battery life. I cannot go a full day without a charge, even if I'm using an app killer and not touching the internet. For that reason, I still carry my Blackberry Curve for making phone calls. I am addicted to the Droid X now though!!!!!

This phone may be a little bit large for some peoples' hands. It is tough to use this large phone when plugged in, the cord is located in a poor spot for using the browser or other apps while charging.

Reception 8/10 My Blackberry gets much better reception.
Internet 10/10 Amazing internet capabilities. More like a computer than a cell phone.
Battery 4/10 Cannot go a full day on a charge.

• Internet
  • Social Apps
  • App Market
  • Voice text messaging

Cons

• Battery, Battery, Battery!

dsun
posted on 15 Nov 2010, 20:32

the greatest phone i have ever had

dsun has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

the phone is amazing. when i saw this phone i had to have it. i ditched by htc incredible and i was not regretting it. the big display is amazingly good. camera was okay htc incredible for me took better pics than the x. internet is fast. thats it. fast.

Battery 8/10 what do you expect from a smartphone

Pros

• everything except battery

Anonymous1111
posted on 13 Nov 2010, 14:25

Solid phone

Anonymous1111 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

After looking at smartphones for more then 3 months, I finally came to a conclusion. I was to choose between the Droid 2 Global, Droid X, and the Droid Pro, and finally came between the decision between the Droid X. The Droid X brings things that the other Droids don't, and that is exceptional multimedia playback and functionality, a GREAT physical QWERTY keyboard with multitouch and also Swype input technology, and an updated (But still not-so-great) version of Motoblur.
The 4.3 inch screen size may not appeal to everyone, but it certainly appeals to me. I can't even tell that I have the phone in my pockets when I'm walking! The device also is powered by a TI 1Ghz processor so apps move through quick and fast, although I have had 2 incidents where the phone crashed and required a battery pull. Other then that, it is the best phone on Verizon right now, also with 720p video recording and an 8MP camera.

Build quality 9/10 The battery door can become squeaky at times, and the physical buttons seem poorly built, but otherwise it is an extremely solid and industrial built device.
Reception 10/10 I get extremely great reception on the DROID x.
Call quality 10/10 I experienced no white noise on my calls nor any dropped calls.
Internet 9/10 Can be laggy at sometimes.
Multimedia 10/10 4.3 inch size kills any other Droid, although the size may not appeal to everyone.
Camera 8/10 The 8MP camera might sound like a beast at first, but it takes some time to render and sometimes photo quality can have some bluriness even with auto-focus and Dual LED Flash.
UI speed 8/10 Motorola's MOTOBLUR still has flaws and isn't as polished and refined as HTC's Sense UI.
Everyday usage 9/10 The device can handle everything from your email to your music to your apps.
Text input 10/10 Swype and multitouch onscreen keyboard is great, almost on par with the iPhone's keyboard.
Display 10/10 4.3 inch 854 x 480 display beats any other device on the market right now.
Battery 8/10 Battery Life isn't the greatest.

Pros

• Great multimedia playback
  • 1Ghz processor
  • 854 x 480 4.3 inch capacitive touch screen
  • 8MP camera with 720p Video Recording
  • Verizon's network is solid as a stone

Cons

• Size may not appeal to everyone
  • Physical QWERTY buttons on the bottom can seem like an annoyance
  • Battery LIfe isn't the greatest
  • Motoblur's widgets are dull and lifeless

Anonymous1111 alternatives:

IgotmyX
posted on 28 Oct 2010, 09:58

Love the Droid X

IgotmyX has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I got the Droid X in september after watching reviews closely for deal breaking issues to arise... and they never did! Love the user interface... waiting for the text-sorting issue to be resolved in the next update. Having 7 home screens let you organize different tasks, i have one for most used shortcuts, one for contact management, one for calendar and task management, one for game shortcuts, one for web search and web page favorites, and one for multi-media apps. I got rid of my alarm clock and got the HDMI Docking station, and now i have an alarm clock that i don't have to remember to set each night, and it lets me know the weather forecast as soon as i wake up! I also got the car dock, and it turns the X into a great GPS navigator. I'm still learning things that this device is capable of... the messaging app puts all of your messaging in one place, email, facebook, texting, and the awesome universal messaging folder. voice or text search is available on every screen or app you are in just by pushing the search button on the bottom of the phone, no more going to the menu to look for the search option. The contact organization is great as well... combining facebook, gmail, corporate, and phonebook contacts, or showing them seperated, and being able to view recent history for each contact, and facebook status's for each contact. The calendar is a big plus, with several different views, including a veiw reminiscent of the 'Today' screen in outlook.

Internet 9/10 super fast, and full html internet experience... when you are zoomed in on a page, it is touchy when trying to scroll side to side to see the whole screen
Multimedia 10/10 love the android market!
Camera 9/10 great quality pictures and video... sometimes after taking a few pictures and immediately deleting them, the camera quits on me and won't open again until i restart the phone
UI speed 10/10 super quick moving from screen to screen
Text input 9/10 LOVE swype in Froyo!
Battery 9/10 great for a smartphone with so much power!

Pros

• user interface
  • android market
  • universal messaging
  • multiple homescreens
  • battery has a reletively long life for a smartphone that does so much
  • contact organization
  • Calendar

Cons

• camera sometimes quits after deleting pictures
  • display eats up the battery, even with power save features on
  • text messaging sorting (until next update comes out, which promises to fix that)

drew.sadik
posted on 05 Oct 2010, 17:08 (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Oct 2010)

1.7

aweful chin

i got this phone a month ago, i like the big screen, but it is lacking in responsiveness. the screen resoulution should be much more too. its alright, it should have alot more apps. and texting isn't very good. the CHIN IS THE WORST THING EVER! the camera isn't that good either

posted on 26 Sep 2010, 10:23

Ordered, Waited and Sent Back

Maybe it was my luck that  I got two lemons and decided not to try for a third.  The call quality was garbled on both.  The garbledness was clear and natural sounding, it was almost as if my voice was jumping up and down.  This was a disaappointment for me.

My first DROID X has signal issues.  Sometimes it worked and most times the network speeds grind to a near halt to the point it was unproductive.  THe call quality was also a bit garbled, but callers were audible, so I swapped out for another.

The interface is hideous, but I knew that walking into the DROID X, I replaced the interface with Launcher Pro and loaded some wall papers that did not give it hte appearance ofa concrete jungle.

THe camera pictures were very nice and the phone consistently took good shots.

The phone was nice, but it lacks pizzaz.   There was something going on when my phone lost touch with the VZW network for a few hours and all my calls went to voicemail.  I don't know if this was the VZW network or the DROID X, but it was not a good omen for a two year committment.

Also, 3G network speeds were slower than what I was use to on Sprint.  Emails were received faster on Sprint HERO than Droid X, these were emails with attachments such as JPG's.  Applications downloads were visibly slower on DROID X than comparable downloads on Tmobile's Vibrant on Sprint's EPIC...

Pros

• Buiild quality
  • Reputation of Motorola

Cons

• Garbled voice calls
  • Slower network speeds
  • Hideous interface

posted on 16 Sep 2010, 10:10

Finally! Worth the Wait

I was ready for an upgrade and after trying the EVO and returning it due to battery performance and trying the EPIC and returning it due to call quality, I can say I am very satisfied with the Droid X.  I need my device to be functional and functional for me that means I don't have the nurse a battery, the call quality is good to excellent,  the operating system is stable and the network it runs on is good.  Everything else (to me) is gravy or icing.  The X is smaller, for me, than the EVO because it's circumference is smaller and it better fits in my hand for one handed operation.  I could not use the EVO with one hand and tap across the front of it. The Droid X does not have a front facing camera, but I have no need for that function. I LOVE SWYPE!!!   Picked it up immediately and never looked back.  I like the physical buttons on the front of the device, it means fewer mistakes for me.  Motorola's UI is hideous, so are some of the wall papers.  I just spruced it up with a download of Launcher Pro and a few floral backgrounds.  Anyway, music plays well.  Surfing net, call quality, opening attachments and the detail of the picture quality was impressive.  VERY VERY NICE.  GPS worked well.  I used Google maps.  I don't do any social networking, other than to monitor my teenagers, so I can not comment on that aspect.The...

• Camera images
  • SWYPE
  • More natural feeling in hand than EVO

Cons

• UI is hideous (Load ANYTHING ELSE)
  • No front facing camera (add one MOTO just to shut everyone up)