Motorola DROID RAZR User Reviews

Everyday usage8.9/10
UI speed9.4/10
Camera8.7/10

Farooqtthegame
posted on 06 Jul 2014, 03:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)

Phone Heat up so early…

Farooqtthegame has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Droid Razr XT912, overall is a Best Phone I ever had, Sound, Display, and Overall performance is Good but when you talk about Battery Timing it’s really poor, Phone Consume So much Battery when you Play Games or listen Music Continuously more than 1 half hour… And Phone Heat up so early…

Pros

• Best Display
  • Best Camera
  • Good Internet
  • Best Multimedia
  • Best Call Quality

Cons

• poor Battery Timing
  • Heat up so early
  • Update fail
  • hang some time

commandline
posted on 04 Nov 2012, 15:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)

"Known Bugs"

commandline has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Started w/ Droid 4 - Would not connect to WiFi N - quote from Verizon and Moto "Known bug"
Returned within 14 day period for Razr.
Would not connect to WiFi N - quote from Moto "Known Bug", installed ICS - fixed
Bluetooth stereo cuts out every second with WiFi on, or serveral times a minute w/o, quote from Moto "Your Motorola S305 headphones are not compatable with the Razr" bought LG and Nokia, No change.
Would not connect to 4g LTE, quote for Verizon "4G is not available in your area" - Wife's Incredible 4g and friends Razr get 4g just fine (exact spot, within 1inch).
No menu sounds and no sounds on dialpad, Sound randomly dissapears, quote the Verizon "You have the volume turned down", the entire Verizon store and Car toys could not fix... Quote from Moto "Known Bug". first phone rebooted randomly then would hard lock at boot, Quote from Verizon "It's supposed to do that"
All in all, im on my 5th phone (not inc. my droid 4) since ive came to verizon. Worst phone i have ever had, worst experience with customer support ever. Which is says alot coming from Sprint and a EVO 3D (which Sprint CS openly admitted one of their worst phones ever) I have not yet been able to use the following features w/o problems:
WIFi
Hotspot Teathering
Bluetooth
Menu sounds.
Apps (Verizon said i had to many = 7, so i do not install anything now)

Update: i'm on my 7th phone! Verizon dosen't even question me anymore, seems the no sound issue gets an imediate replacement, i haven't yet got one that has...

Build quality 8/10 Phisically a good phone, Seems rugged dispite being so thin
Reception 2/10 Since you cannot use WiFi, Bluetooth or teathering, You are forced to just make phone calls or internet via the 3G network
Call quality 9/10 Makes great calls
Internet 2/10 Again, No WiFi or 4g LTE makes this a very boring phone.
Multimedia 2/10 No Bluetooth, no WiFi, and if you install any apps like Slacker or Pandora, Verizon will blame the many falts of the phone on these apps.
Camera 9/10 It works.
UI speed 8/10 I had the Photon before w/ the lightweight "Not Blur" makes it a near pure Android experience
Everyday usage 2/10 Do not use for Apps or Internet.
Text input 6/10 On screen keyboard gives me alot of headache compared to my photon and Galaxy S2
Display 6/10 Big phone, Small screen? i guess this is why there is now a Razr M?
Battery 2/10 When the phone randomly reboots and locks at the boot screen, it will eat your battery within a hour or two, unless you hold down power and vol. down to reboot.

Pros

• Verizon will give you a new one every 2 weeks (just ask, im getting another one in a few days)

Cons

• Poor WiFi support
  • Poor Bluetooth support
  • Poor Hotspot suppot
  • Random reboots
  • Random hardlocks with the screen on
  • No Menu 'click' sounds,
  • No touch tones when dialing

commandline alternatives:

genkidama20
posted on 29 Jul 2012, 20:29 (Posts: 36; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)

Good and bad, but mostly good

genkidama20 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Well, there are a lot of good things to say about this phone. It's incredibly thin and comfortable to hold. Though, a little on the wide side for my hands if I need to hold it for a long time while using an app or playing a game. Reception is great and call quality is great.

The kevlar backing is gimmicky. I don't know how much it really does to protect the phone. My screen just randomly cracked on the bottom left hand side after a few months. No drops, no bends. Just put it on the table and came back it and it was cracked. Fairly disappointing, but nothing I could do. Verizon won't replace it since it's considered "inflicted damage", even though I did not inflict anything.

Also, on very dark screens, you can see some uniformity issues with the screen. Almost look like dark spots. It was this on both my RAZR and my brother's RAZR. Though, his hasn't cracked randomly on the bottom left corner.

Finally, ICS didn't do this phone justice. It actually slowed me down in some senses. I didn't really lag much with HC, but ICS update I find myself lagging every now and then. Did all the fancy "clear cache" and "reset to factory" tricks, but just doesn't run as smooth as it used to.

Pros

• Thin
  • Fast

Cons

• Very fragile Gorilla Glass screen
  • Poor Battery life

rsr1953
posted on 07 Jun 2012, 12:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)

I am not sure what my battery life is so poor....

rsr1953 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Overall the phone is GREAT! Love it and all the neat features and apps. My only realy complaint is the battery. I have had to charge the phone 3-4 times a day and not really use it that much. I don't play ganes or download music or videos. I talk, I text and I read my email and news. That's it.

Even standby.... 8.5 days????? My standby time, never touching the phone, is less than 2 days.

I did find that one of my apps was draining the battery so I uninstalled it. Now I only have to recharge 2 times during the day and my standby in just over 2 days, but not 3.

For everything else... a 10. For battery life.... a 3.

Pros

Cons

• BATTERY

christony1120
posted on 25 Apr 2012, 19:17 (Posts: 65; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)

Definitely a must have phone and probably the best phone to this date

christony1120 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The phone is the best one I've had yet and I recommend it to everyone. The build quality of the phone is amazing. With the awesome Kevlar on the back which gives the look a premium look and feel. The reception or signal quality is very good. I get 4g LTE in mostly all the places I go to and get really good speeds, and when I am on 3g I get mostly all the bars and the lowest 3. The call quality of the phone is descent. When in a room with lots of noise you definitely need to find another quieter room. The internet is really good. It doesn't lag nor hiccups, and with LTE pages load up in a matter of seconds. All the multimedia is in the Play Store, which has really nice apps like Angry Birds Space, Instagram, and many more. The camera is amazing. With 8 megapixels it is definitely enough to satisfy and the video quality is phenomenal shooting at 1008p. The Ui speed is really good with stutter or lag, but the only complain is when getting out of an app it has a small lag, and the keyboard doesn't follow good when speed typing. The display is definitely my favorite. With Super Amoled everything looks crisp and sharp. The screen size, 4.3, is really big and enough to suit anyone. Now my biggest complaint is the battery. It really doesn't last the whole day. I start using my phone 7 a.m and it dies at about 7p.m.

Build quality 10/10 Very stylish and very premium and high built quality
Reception 10/10 I get a good set of 4g LTE bars and almost all 3g bars
Call quality 8/10 The ear piece could be a little louder
Internet 10/10 Fast and no stutter and lag. Pages also load really quick
Multimedia 10/10 GOOGLE PLAY STORE. Many apps to entertain yourself and others
Camera 10/10 8 m.p of delightfulness and nice 1080p video quality
UI speed 9/10 Everything move pretty quick. The only lag issue I had was on the keyboard and while running too many apps
Text input 8/10 You can't always rely on the on screen keyboard. The keyboard is also pretty small.
Display 10/10 SUPER AMOLED on a 4.3 screen what more can you ask
Battery 7/10 Last almost the whole day but drains quickly with heavy usage

Pros

• 4g LTE
  • Built quallity

Cons

• U.I speed

christony1120 alternatives:

MYTHiKAL
posted on 20 Apr 2012, 10:16 (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)

JUST TOO GOOD.. AM AMAZED 4SURE...

MYTHiKAL has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Just Made the Leap Back to Verizon.. and even thought things are a LOOOOT more expensive, I can not be any more happy with all of my phone selections for the family..

This amazing phone is as good as expected and much more..I come from a Galazy phone and an iPhone before that, and this phone blows the competition away.. I have nothing bad to say about this beauty.. :)

Build quality 10/10 The best IMO..
Text input 9/10 a 9 for this area only cause I was already used to my 4.5 huge Galaxy screen on my old phone.. Other then that, its great..

Pros

• Amazing Colors
  • Very Fast Processors
  • Great Quality/built

Cons

• None..

shahulvm
posted on 01 Apr 2012, 07:57 (Posts: 116; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)

GSM Razr Maxx

shahulvm has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Hey, pls check out this GSM Droid RAZR Maxx (self modded)

Discover the true potential of mobile technology with the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx touchscreen smartphone that runs on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. This Motorola smartphone boasts a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED advanced qHD touchscreen that not only renders cutting-edge visuals, but also facilitates easy navigation. This touchscreen smartphone boasts Bluetooth support, allowing you to seamlessly transfer data with other compatible devices. The Motorola GSM Droid Razr Maxx has a body made from sturdy DuPont KEVLAR fiber and a screen of Corning Gorilla Glass, for an extended service life. The Motorola GSM Droid Razr Maxx delivers a talktime of more than 21 hours due to its 3,300 mAh battery.

cripton805
posted on 01 Apr 2012, 00:17 (Posts: 920; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)

cripton805 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Overall Im satasfied with my White Razr. The major gripe I have is that the UI is ugly as heck compared to other phones. The icons are ugly and the color scheme sucks. I have made my battery last over 24hrs with moderate usage by toggling data off and on, disabling background data, gps, etc... i turn it on when I need it. It has the best battery life out of most smart phones. Most people that complain about battery life compare it tl old flip phones or something. All smartphones except for the Razr Maxx and extended batteries last over a day of moderate to heavy usage. If you want a smartphone, expect this until more advanced phones come out with larger batteries. The external speaker is great. So loud and clear its annoying at times. The main pro is the interner speed mated to its processor. The pages scroll quick... fast enough that you can lose track while scrolling. This is the main reason why I upgraded from my Stratosphere. There are plenty of things I miss from that phone like Screen Capture and certaing settings and customization that my Razr doesnt offer but the RAM is the only thing that was more important to me. The media player is not as responsive as other phones. Its also kind of bland and boring without any animations. The phones UI pretty much makes the Software stale. I am ALWAYS on cell phones, so I can say this without much bias. I wrote this on my Razr.

Pros

• RAM
  • Web speeds
  • Slim design
  • Tough design
  • Sound
  • Color Options

Cons

• Boring Stale UI
  • Color Schemes
  • Stock customs without Rooting
  • No stock screen capture

Beholder88
posted on 30 Mar 2012, 10:18 (Posts: 81; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)

Droid RAZR Review

Beholder88 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got the RAZR shortly after it first came out. I got the one with the 16GB SD card pre-installed. The phone is more sturdy than I originally thought, has great screen resolution, a good camera, amazing connectivity and more. One thing that struck me as odd is that I dropped it less than a foot onto carpet, and the screen has a slight scratch in it from something. One of the only cons I can think of.

Pros

• Great battery life.
  • Amazing screen.
  • Quick response.
  • Great camera.
  • Fast charging.

Cons

• Screen glass quality.
  • Non-removable battery.

Neliboy
posted on 22 Mar 2012, 08:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)

Best of all motorola i had after v3i in the past

Neliboy has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I bought it as soon as it got released - This was one of the phone i was waiting to get ans now i am waiting for ICS update which will get released in 2nd quarter of this year.
I love changing phones i used to be a die hard fan moto make since their design is always unique. ever since i bought my motorola xt720 which is again good smart phone expensive but motorola failed to release a official update to 2.2 or 2.3... I moved to samsung s2 which had all i expected but again its not a unique design and looks like a copy of apple...Finally this long awaited hero came in with Android 2.3.5 which had some lag in camera quality and it was cleared in the first update and there were some small issues for listners in the call as the mic do not export the voice with proper volume and sim card use to fail some times it was fixed in second update when it upgraded to android 2.3.6..

The best of all in this hero is it never did force close error in any app so far in the past 5 months of usage and never got freezed only thing which i miss in this is FM radio were in i am from chennai south india were we have lot of local radio stations and i miss them any way i bought sony bluetooth hands free which has inbuilt fm on it so i m least bothered of it.

This is the super here the slim design and the handy look with super amoled pentile display rocks when you watch 1080p videos..in simple words i am addict to this now...you guys interested in games then download GTA 3 10th aniversary edition and...

Build quality 10/10 Extremly slim with Kevlor body
Reception 10/10 Excellent after the update of 2.3.6
Call quality 10/10 Excellent after the upgrade of 2.3.6
Internet 10/10 Extremely fast i use airtel 3g ant the speed test showed 7.2Mbps
Multimedia 10/10 No LAG at all.. you go crazy on it
Camera 10/10 Superb - it was superb in xt720 as well. I would be even more satisfied it i had xenon flash on it like the previous edition.
UI speed 10/10 When you compare with funny SAmsung touchwiz of HTC sense this one is awesome
Everyday usage 10/10 Never had issues - using it with pride - I sold my iphone4 and samsung s2
Text input 10/10 swype keyboard rocks and feels very easy to text quick
Display 10/10 No competitors - Try downloading 1080p video from youtube and compare with any mobile...
Battery 10/10 I feel when this phone holds all this future battery is good and i am happy i can manage a day with hardcore usage..it has 1780 MHZ

Pros

• The complete fone features

Cons

• Nothing
  • you guys go and search for the cons..lol

imapepper2
posted on 23 Feb 2012, 16:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)

This is the phone I wanted all my other phones to be!

imapepper2 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone replaced the Samsung Charge. The 4gLTE on the Razr has been a completely different experience. Mainly because it works, any time I want to use it I can. Yes, Verizon (in my home area) is still working on delivering a constant 4g signal but when there is a dip this phone switches in 1 to 5 seconds (instead of 1 to 5 minutes or more). It also seems faster, the fastest speed test so far was 35.40mbps download, but almost always in the 10s and 20s.

Battery life has been very good. Yes, when on 4g the battery loses juice much faster, so I keep it switched to 3g when I’m not using the browser and I get a full day, every day. The best way of looking at the battery life is, when you buy a Ferrari you don't really get to complain too much about how far you can drive on a tank of gas.

Some have said that the display isn’t as good as others, I disagree. I load movies onto this to watch while my daughter is in dance class, and when I plug the audio into my car stereo, man is it cool. When friends want to see “how good is the display” I load up Avatar and hand it to them. The response I get is “WOW” every time.

The call quality is as good as you could expect. In the 2 ½ months I’ve owned this the only dropped calls have been in dead zones I have experienced with 2 different BlackBerry’s and the Charge.

HDMI output has been an “almost” perfect experience. The only downside is that the signal is too good for my 8 year old “HD” TV. I mostly use this when teaching bible...

Build quality 10/10 Solid device, no wiggle in buttons.
Call quality 10/10 Zero problems with dropped calls.
Internet 10/10 Screaming fast. Verizon still has problems with a constant 4g signal but the Razr switches quickly.
Camera 10/10 Fast, quiet and produces a clear picture. I use it to capture notes written on our whiteboard durring meetings. Easy to read every time.
Display 10/10 Fantastic Picture. Friends are stunned at how clear the picture is.

Pros

• FAST!!
  • Solid Build
  • Visibility Outside
  • HDMI output with Mirror mode

Cons

• None after 2 months

Razruser
posted on 13 Feb 2012, 22:15 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)

This phone is amazing

Razruser has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have owned different smart phones before and this one is by far the best I have ever owned. It is fast, smooth and have many practical functions. I like the smart action in particular as it can help to perform many different functions under different trigger conditions. The UI is very nice and user friendly as it is not as complicated as HTC sense and the Samsung Touchwich. The call quality is very good. I have never had a drop call during my 3 months of ownership. The Display is also very good and it opens internet very good. It can start scrolling and zooming even before the web page is fully loaded. The battery life is also very good. i got more than two days of use out of one charge and this phone is made of metal which gave it a very good durability. With the ICS update coming shortly, this is a superb phone that is going to last many years to come.

Build quality 10/10 This phone is made of metal, with stainless steel back cover with kevlar backing.
Reception 10/10 The reception is very good and clear.
Call quality 10/10 Never have a single drop call in 3 months.
Internet 10/10 Interlet speed is fast in opening, scrollign and zooming web page.
Text input 10/10 test input is very easy with the built in keyboard.
Display 10/10 Display is very nice when set to appropriate brightness

jon419
posted on 04 Feb 2012, 23:33 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)

very poor made phone

jon419 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

poor made phone. speaker was bad from day 1 . power button was ready to fall off when i left the verizon store they where ready to close so the sales man said just use it to night bring back in the morining . that was my first mistake when i brought it back they said that how they are all made live with it so it looks like i will for 13 day lol

Build quality 1/10 power button ready to fall off
Everyday usage 1/10 phone would fall apart if you used every day

Pros

Cons

• power button ready to fall off after 3 days

DJArt81
posted on 31 Dec 2011, 18:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)

Best phone ive ever owned

DJArt81 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is definetly worth it. I was waiting for the GNex but after waiting all that time, I felt it in my hands and it felt so cheaply built. This phone is built like a rock, solid, and a pure awesome phone. Reception is awesome, get a great 4G signal just about everywhere I have gone. Call quality is awesome, non muffled, clear and crisp sound through the earpiece, and my wife also said that the sound on her end sounded the same. BTW she is on the Charge. Internet is nice and fast, I just love the 4G LTE speed VZW has us on. Multi Media is great. The speaker is good enough for being on such a slim and slender phone. The Camera is so so... not the greatest, but if you take your time with it you can take a nice shot. Just let it focus. Its when your trying to rush the pics they come out on the crappy side. UI speed is just great... I was impressed with how fast the UI reacted to what I did. Everday usage is great. I get a full days use with this phone of course utilizing the smart actions. Text input is great, I use swype for fast and quick typing. The standard keyboard is fine too. I used that mostly when I first got it and was setting it up. Key pushes are pretty accurate and the auto correct is pretty on point. The display although not as great as the Gnex is good enough for what we have as far as the technology at hand. The only thing I have had a problem with is installing motocast on my pc, but thats an issue im having with my pc. I know other people that have installed...

Pros

• Awesome UI
  • great smart actions utility
  • call quality is excellent
  • Reception is great
  • Blazing fast speeds

• Battery not replaceable

mobileuser
posted on 29 Dec 2011, 15:22 (Posts: 66; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)

This is an awesome phone

mobileuser has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is really awesome. Starting from the built quality, durability, overall speed performance, user interface, battery life, functionality to practicallity. this phone is simply the best.
Firistly,this phone is made of aluminium frame complete with stainless steel reinforced backing covered with kevlar materials. Secondly, the "overall" speed performance is amongst the top and smoothest, if not the highest. it has proven to be even faster than Galaxy nexus and the SGSII. I have run quadrant benchmark test, An TuTu test and passmark performance test, unofficial apps.opening speed test, you-tube opening test, browser test, navigation test, netfix flash video test, etc along side other top end android devices (including the Galaxy Nexus, SGSII and the HTC rezound) and the overall results ( i.e Number of wins over all occations) is higher on the Razr. Thirdly, the motorblur user interface may not be the best when compare to otehr hihg end phoens liek the HTC sense, it is however straight forward and simple, easy to use, I do not need to download any user manual and I can use the functions and the widgets out of the box, without digging into it too deeply. Lastly, there are the smart actions which enable me to set different actions of the phone at different time frames under different trigger conditions. This may include turning tuning off wifi, bletooth, data transmission, as well as killing tasks. Also I can set my Razr to run at 3G HSPA or even 2G Edge most of the time instead...

Build quality 10/10 It is made of Aluminium frame with stainless stell reinforced backing complete with Kevlar materials.
Reception 10/10 It has very strong reception signal, never drop calls
Call quality 10/10 Very loud in call volume and speaker phone volume
Internet 10/10 Very smooth internet browing
Camera 9/10 Take extremely good picture
UI speed 10/10 UI speed is very fast adn ease of use compare to the HCT sense and Samsung Touchwic.
Everyday usage 10/10 Very practical everday use with motocast, labdock and smart action
Text input 10/10 Test input is very easy wityh its built in SWYPE keyboard
Display 10/10 Display is big nough and clear. Pentile display is not easily noticeable for most of the time while using the display.
Battery 9/10 Battery life is amazingly good. Able to last the phone for 15 to 17 hours everyday under general / medium use under 3G with smart action on.

jtlapp69
posted on 22 Dec 2011, 19:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)

Got it to hold me over but fell in love

jtlapp69 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I got this phone to hold me over until the Galaxy Nexus came out, but I ended up liking the RAZR so much I didn't go back to exchange it. It helped that Motorola promised to update the RAZR to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4) as soon as they could. Prior to the software update that Motorola/Verizon pushed out last night, I had only one complaint: horrid photos in low light. The software update fixed that and now even low light photos are fantastic.

I was most worried about battery life, since it's an LTE phone with a built-in battery. Battery life was indeed poor until I wizened up and started using Motorola's Smart Actions. Now I have LTE off when the display is off and the phone isn't charging. I also have LTE off when I'm on wifi. Additionally, I have LTE wake up for 5 minutes every hour to perform data synchronization, so if I haven't used my phone (i.e. display off), I know my apps are still current to within an hour. GPS is off unless I'm charging, moving, or using the phone. And display dims and GPS shuts off when I hit 20% battery. The result: this phone now outlasts every smart phone I've ever had, and it's even my first LTE phone! I often finish a 15 or 16 hour day with 30% to 50% juice left. That's typically 2 hours talking, 2 hours data.

My gripes are minor. I thought the phone was a tad ugly when I got it, but it's growing on me, and I think it's cool now. Motorola's app icons are amateurish and ugly, and their app user interface design, while quite functional, is...

Pros

• control over battery life
  • solid-feeling build
  • photo quality
  • fantastic reception
  • Motocast is unobstrusive
  • visibility in sunlight
  • display contrast

Cons

• unappealing form factor
  • amateurish icons & app UI
  • voice not very loud

leonidas
posted on 12 Dec 2011, 07:18 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)

im imprest with this phone

leonidas has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i have i P4 and i MotoRazr.. i dont use that much may iP4 no more .. im in love with MotoDroid ..
its so perfected and so preofesional phone i just wanna say i love it .. may best phone in 4 years .
may best friend have Samsung G2 and he said if only i know i would buy MotoDroid .. so .. simple the best in may humble opinion

dunnlow
posted on 11 Dec 2011, 19:59 (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)

Nice phone - not perfect

dunnlow has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Overall, this is a good phone. I have had a few data(and call) connection problems; where I wasn't getting a connection (and then I was hit with the outage last week (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/08/us-verizon-outage-idUSTRE7B702U20111208). I don't have anything quantitative about reception, but I have lost (or been unable to make) a call or two in the last month and I can't remember that ever happening with my last two phones (a blackberry and omnia II).

The build of the phone is great. I don't care about the battery being enclosed. It is very thin and feels great in my pocket. It was almost too thin but the rubberized case I got for it makes it perfect.

My main disappointment with the phone is with the camera and video. I surprised that I haven't read more complaints. I was hoping to be able to take passable pictures with it for times when I didn't want to carry around my point and shoot. However, the camera really does not come close to cutting the mustard. I've used it for a few day trips now and taken very few pictures that were not blurry, poorly focused, lighted, etc. I also feel like the camera takes a HEAVY toll on the battery. My old omnia II 5mp phone took pictures that were easily as good if not better. The video is pretty poor as well.

To my eye, the screen and colors look good. and the 4.3" is a perfect size. It does pretty good outside in sunlight - nothing great, but good enough - and much better then my old omnia. I haven't played...

Pros

• size/weight, smooth UI

Cons

• camera and video

matthewgleason
posted on 10 Dec 2011, 16:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)

Not new to android - AWESOME PHONE!

matthewgleason has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had several smartphones and I'm not new to Android either. Definitely recommend this phone. Build quality is beyond above average. Call quality is awesome. Camera is great (for a smartphone). All around great phone.

• Build quality

RomeoJDR
posted on 09 Dec 2011, 17:56 (Posts: 237; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)

Beauty beyond skin deep

RomeoJDR has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

When using any of the top tier phones you'll be hard pressed to decipher a difference between performance. If not I'll just call you out and revealing your bias toward a particular brand. What really distinguishes each brands "flagship" phones is build quality and to a lesser degree battery life (think back to HTC's Thunderbolt). The Razr has enough sleekness to its design to actually stand out from the rest of the android pack and is built of the finest materials and yet feels as light as the plastic top- of-the line phones Samsung keeps spewing out. An obvious sign you cant please everyone are those "professional" reviews acknowledging the grade A build of the Razr, then ridicule it for being too light. Despite what I've read about the feel of the Kevlar having a less quality feel than textured plastic I would have to say a blind survey results would suggest otherwise for the majority of the population. Needless to say I have an issue of high end devices being shielded in a cheap plastic frame. Moving on to the battery. I was pleasantly suprised for the phone to undergo moderate use via calls, apps (not games), and internet usage throughout the day without requiring a sip through a charger. How can such a thin 4G phone within 4G coverage conceal such juice is beyond my marginal brain capacity to comprehend. There are marginal pluses and minuses when comparing the top phones but each really does offer nearly the functionality that you'll be hard pressed to see real world differences....

Pros

• Build quality
  • Performance
  • Video capture

Cons

• Photo capture

RomeoJDR alternatives:

nebneb333
posted on 02 Dec 2011, 20:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)

Razr, Droid Flavored

nebneb333 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone seems really solid and I have been using it all day intensely and the battery seems to be holding out well so far. The call quality seems a little buggy but is otherwise alright and the camera is a little wonky on how it takes pictures some times.Like how it will on occasion not use flash when needed and/or use flash when it is not needed. The screen is a little pixelated to me and the coloring seems to be off a bit but otherwise it is a great phone and I personally cannot wait to see what the droid fan developers are going to do with this great phone! Very fast beast of a phone!

Pros

• Great batery life and solid software , very resposive and fast/ smooth

Cons

• screen looks pixilated and colors seem a little off and I do not really like the power button being so close to the volume rocker but that is just a personal preferance I would also love a dedicated camer button

bolaG
posted on 02 Dec 2011, 17:22 (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)

Chuck Razr

bolaG has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

First off I would like anyone who's reading this that I've been using smartphones sense the OG Droid and have gotten to try out various phones before making my decision to purchase the Razr including the Bionic.

Personal preference always plays the biggest factor when choosing a phone. That being said, my preferences are the following: large screen(4.3-4.5), call quality, battery life, build, hdmi mirror mode, reception, and LTE. Each one of the preferences aforementioned were met above and beyond with the Droid Razr.

The Razr has great battery life, excellent call quality, hdmi output, made of the best materials, light, FAST LTE, etc. Even the camera which I was expecting to be as mediocre as the Bionic was much better than I expected. Another great feature unique to this phone is the Smart Actions apps which allows you to customize actions your phone does depending on time, location, or usage patterns.

The only qualm I have is still with the PenTile screen which is better than the one on other phones but is still a little pixilated and the non-removable battery. Other than that the Razr is by far the best phone I have ever owner or used to this date.

Build quality 10/10 Kevlar, Steel, Gorilla Glass, enough said :P
Reception 10/10 Full bars 3g and 4g all day.
Call quality 10/10 Motorola has this locked down. The best in the industry
Internet 10/10 LTE -- DONE
Multimedia 10/10 Motocast and music player with lyrics!
Camera 9/10 Could be better. Great improvement over other Motorola Droids.
UI speed 10/10 Dual Core TI OMAP 1.2ghz is all you need any faster and keeping up would be hard lol
Display 8/10 My only negative remark really. I wish Moto could have used a IPS screen or a AMOLED that wasnt in PenTile matrix
Battery 9/10 Non-removable. Industry leading battery life for a LTE phone IMHO. I get 14hrs with regular usage, 20hrs with light usage, and 6-8 with heavy/constintly on it usage.

Pros

• UI Speed
  • Build
  • LTE
  • Smart Actions
  • Thinn
  • Looks
  • HDMI Mirror

Cons

• Non-removable battery
  • PenTile Screen

beanzbeanzith
posted on 26 Nov 2011, 17:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)

this phone is amazing

beanzbeanzith has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was a little skeptical about the beret the first few days I had it but after 14 hours with plenty of calling YouTube-ing and texting I still have 40% power. It also has full bars of 3G wherever I go

beankebob
posted on 16 Nov 2011, 18:17 (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)

Droid Razr Wins Me Over

beankebob has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had this phone since it's release (5 days), and I'm totally thrilled with it. I really don't have a bad thing to say about it. Did I want ICS - yes. But after handling this phone on release day, I knew it was the phone for me. Having a non-removeable battery gave me pause, but to get a phone this sleek, it is worth it.

Build quality 10/10 Solid build. Everything fits nice and looks great. Nicest looking phone on the market (IMHO)
Reception 10/10 No problems here.
Call quality 10/10 Voices seem stronger and clearer than my previous phones.
Internet 10/10 Speedy.
Multimedia 10/10 Fantastic. Great sound and display.
Camera 10/10 Camera is the best I've ever had on a phone. Access off the lock screen is great, and the shutter lag is minimal. Quality of pics is very nice.
UI speed 10/10 Everything pops and zings. Little or no lag.
Everyday usage 10/10 I joy to use. Super light and thin - hardly know it's in my pocket.
Text input 10/10 I use Swift Key so text input is fantastic.
Display 10/10 I know there are better screens out there, but this is by far the nicest screen I have ever had. I love it.
Battery 9/10 So far so good. I have taken it off the charger at 7am used it all day, and stuck it back on the charger at 10pm at 72%. Nice. If I'm on it non-stop it still gets me through the entire day with power to spare.

Pros

• Super solid build
  • Thinness and Lightness
  • Motocast
  • HDMI output with Mirror mode
  • microSD slot

Cons

• Skype not totally operational out-of-the-box
  • Non-Removeable Battery