LG Cosmos User Reviews

Multimedia3.7/10
Call quality4.5/10
Battery4.3/10

MichaelGeorge
posted on 20 Jul 2014, 12:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Jul 2014)

This phones nothing special.....

MichaelGeorge has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is nothing special. The fact that it came out in 2010 gives me an indication that its outdated. I went ahead and bought the phone, but six days later the back cover came loose and fell off...not a good sign. The battery was being held by duct tape. This phone has a slow processer and okay call quality. It's not well built and no resistance to any environment. Honestly, I prefer my Motorola Razer to this piece of junk.

Pros

• Fast texting qwerty keyboard
  • Medium battery life

Cons

• Slow Internet
  • No resistance to environment
  • Low build quality
  • Bad reception
  • No camcorder
  • Weak back cover
  • Slow processer

kaajit
posted on 16 Oct 2012, 01:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)

Great phone!

kaajit has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this Cosmos LG for 2 years now (since christmas its release date) and it has never dissapointed me. Battery lasts a long time, and texting is fun. I have never had a dropped call from my end, and reception is only a problem on mountains. I can't say enough about durability. I've dropped it countless times, carried it wherever i went almost everyday for 2 years, and it looks brand new. It's like the Nokia of Verizon. If you're looking for a basic phone, this will certainly do the job. I gaurantee it! Don't get this phone if you're expecting Iphone 5 quality.
I'm glad i dicovered this sight to give my phone a better name. Some of these reviews are very innacurate, i just thought i would shed some truth about this phone. I plan on keeping it for 1 more year. 3 years is enough to own any phone :)
-Hope this helped!

Build quality 10/10 I have had this phone for about 2 years now. I received it in 2010. I'm a guy, and this phone has been through hell and back (I've thrown it around eveyrwhere) and it's still looking and working just fine. Trust me when i say it will last you years.
Reception 10/10 Great signal.
Camera 3/10 This phone is designed for calling and texting. The camera quality sucks but i have an itouch for taking pictures.
UI speed 8/10 Texting and calling people is no problem at all. Super fast Sending and recieveing picture messages, however, takes several seconds and can be a dilemna if you're in a rush to see it or send it. Besides that the speed is fine.
Everyday usage 10/10 It's a phone, it does its job and its very easy to use.
Text input 10/10 Texting is fun with this phone because of the sliding keyboard.
Display 5/10 Well it's not an iphone but i'm not picky about its display.
Battery 10/10 I've never had an issue with it's battery life. It stays strong for weeks.

Pros

• lightweight
  • comfy to handle
  • SUPER DURABLE!! I've had it for 2 years.
  • call quality
  • Sliding is smooth
  • keyboard is fun to type with

Cons

• internet is bad. its a simple phone
  • camera quality sucks

bre2345
posted on 19 Sep 2012, 21:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)

I HATE THIS PHONE

bre2345 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

My second phone, going to be my third (same thing) and it break every single time. I can use it for emergencies at all. Screen go black and freezes. While im texting the words flip upside down and backwards.

Build quality 1/10 absolultey terrible , keys fade, buttons break
Reception 8/10 preety decent can get signals when noone else has it
Call quality 7/10 i don't call much , but when i did it was ok.
Internet 2/10 i never had internet
Multimedia 5/10 first phone i couldn't download andything onto it like my music for example. Second phone finally worked
Camera 6/10 preety decent im not looking for over the top clear image
UI speed 3/10 S L O W
Everyday usage 1/10 terrible. The more you use it, the more likely it is to break
Text input 5/10 if i texted someone , and another person texted me, the message will automactily save to drafts. so annoying
Display 2/10 It was fine unitl it started glitching
Battery 7/10 decent battery life i normaly charge every two days

Pros

• decent battery life
  • good signal
  • no dropped calls
  • is durable for at least 3 months

Cons

• freezes
  • blackens
  • turns off randomly
  • will not turn back on half of the time
  • images fade
  • phone screen gets darker until it shuts off
  • phone screen randomly turns negative
  • glitches
  • continuosly taking the battery in and out and restarting it
  • when glitching, can't see who you are calling

dayxdayx
posted on 01 Nov 2011, 16:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)

horrible hpone

dayxdayx has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got this phone about a year ago and already it has broken 5 times. it broke today for the sixth. this will be my seventh phone of the same kind in less then year. GREAT QUALITY! i do not like this phone.

Reception 9/10 i can call and text from alot of places.
Call quality 2/10 it breaks up alot.
Internet 2/10 this internet doesnt work...
Multimedia 6/10 sends multimedia fast.
Camera 2/10 bad quality and has horrible memory.
UI speed 3/10 ehh.
Everyday usage 2/10 if you use it every day it wears down and will break.
Text input 2/10 the texting is slow and is a hastle.
Display 2/10 screen breaks all the time
Battery 6/10 good battery.

Pros

• good battery life
  • good reception
  • good keyboard

Cons

• horrible display
  • freezes
  • screen goes black
  • have to charge the battery every night
  • HORRIBLE MEMORY
  • breaks ALL THE TIME

JosephLara
posted on 10 Jul 2011, 11:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Jul 2011)

DONT GET THIS PHONE!

JosephLara has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

i got this phone as my first phone.
it dosent have:
vcast music or video
camera flash
harldly anyt memory
BARELY ANY APPs!
Does have
customizeable menu only grid or list style
real music ringtones
suckish reorder
bad battrey life
suckish speakerphone.

JosephLara
posted on 10 Jul 2011, 11:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Jul 2011)

LG Cosmos. Bad phone.

JosephLara has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

i got this phone march 3 2011 and a month after, april it was OK. but just in june i had to get a new one but it was refurished and the same model. i had to get another 1 because my old 1 was shuttting off everytime i make a call or use an app and my multimedias were filing and my battery life was too short. and my refurbished 1 is slowly getting there. PLEASE do not get this phone. AND I HOPE THEY DISCONTINUE THIS PHONE so that necxt time my phone breaks I DONT HAVE TO GET THE SAME 1!!!!!

Pros

• ok internet and speed. if u have the opera mini app.

Cons

• battery life, camera, multimedia, reception, call. and almost everything.

Bob Moon
posted on 03 Jun 2011, 00:19

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Bob Moon has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

When I first got the phone, I was thrilled.My first phone! Oh goodness, how delusional I was. The phone can TEXT. Besides that, it can't do much. It calls people by itself (once it was on my lap and I started hearing, "Hello??") all the time. It turns itself on and off. It lags more than a ten year old computer trying to run World of Warcraft. Overrall? It sucks. I'm getting a new phone first chance I get. BTW, I'm 14. I can't drive myself ._.

Pros

• It hasn't broken in half yet.

Cons

• Honestly, I don't want to bore you with a mile-long list.

Hallie Gold
posted on 07 May 2011, 17:05

Its,... Ok..

Hallie Gold has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for six months! it runs out of battery really easily and dosnt have alot of features. its not the best phone and i have alot more better reccomendations for a QWERTY keyboard phone. ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| therer are

Everyday usage 2/10 its low battery

Jessica
posted on 01 Feb 2011, 12:37

UNRELIABLE

Jessica has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Build quality 1/10 IT IS VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD! IT KEEPS BREAKING 5 TIMES!
Camera 1/10 NO VIDEO RECORDING

Pros

• IT HAS A KEYBOARD

Cons

• UNRELIABLE!!!! after haveing the phone for only 6 months it have broken 5 times! it keeps on shutting off...and now the buttons wont work and it gos to take pics and takes and saves randomly! i need a RELIABLE phone because i travel to places where i need a phone! if i dont have one there will be issues. they have replaced my phone 5 times but only because i got the extra warranty. i wold not reccomend this phone to anyone...it is CRAP! dont even think its a good phone it is NOT!!!!

jnvoyager46
posted on 08 Dec 2010, 18:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)

Average Phone

jnvoyager46 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

In general, the Lg Cosmos is average. The reason is because there isn't much features in the phone. It doesn't have V Cast Music or Videos. It also doesn't have flash in its camera and has only 1.3 megapixel. Which is bad, but also no video recorder. What pisses me off is it's battery just less than a day my full bars drop down to only one bar everyday. So far I have had it for less than year and it's hardware broke. It's just insane, it proves this phone is not long lasting. In general if I were to rate this I would give this a 6 out of 10. No serious this phone is much worse than my old phone the LG enV 2 which was much better.

Pros

Cons

• No V Cast Music and Video
  • No Video Recorder

John
posted on 03 Nov 2010, 15:48

Great messaging phone overall.

John has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Although this is pretty much open to debate, I really liked the overall layout of this model's QWERTY keyboard, which is probably the biggest selling point of this device. The call quality is adequately great, and so is messaging, as I previously mentioned. Out of a ten, I give this phone an 8.5...maybe a 9.

Pros

• Nicely-made keyboard
  • Great call quality
  • Well-made slider mechanism

Cons

• Somewhat bad battery life
  • Nothing much to hate, considering it calls and texts well, which is why you need a cell phone.

StevenMiller
posted on 06 Oct 2010, 10:11

Worst Phone Ever

I recently got this phone thinking it would be similar to the LG Banter made for Alltel (LG made about 5 phones slightly different for the big 5 companies). Well, Verizon has once again succeeded and taken a good phone and turned it into crap. From day one, it has not worked properly. It is incredibly slow and a general pain. It gets terrible service and constantly fails to send messages even though it has full service. I always find myself shutting it off and turning it back on trying to get it to work properly. The design is nice. QWERTY keyboard is easy to use, front keys are small but not a problem. The software and general operating speed and capabilities of this phone make it so bad. It can't even do file transfer with bluetooth. My  phone from 5 years ago had file transfer. I would never buy this phone again.

Pros

• Design and layout
  • Clear Screen
  • Good camera

Cons

• Terrible reception
  • Very, very short battery life
  • No file transfer with bluetooth
  • Hardly any memory
  • Very slow
  • Poor performance

Kristina Cherrett
posted on 20 Sep 2010, 16:45

LG Cosmos VN250

The keyboard is difficult to use not only because the keys are small, but because they moved the FN and shift keys around, meaning you have to get used to a different keyboard. This is bad for someone who texts constantly like me. Asides from that, the phone is alright, and is capable of anything a normal phone is. The battery life could be better.

Pros

• Capable of anything a normal phone is.

Cons

• Bad Keyboard. Bad Battery Life.

posted on 25 Aug 2010, 19:18

yes it does sync with Outlook 2010. The issue is that MS switched from ToolBars to the Ribbon with Outlook 2010, and LG's software isn't Ribbon aware. BUT the icons on the Outlook ToolBar really only launched an external executable file - the application never was installed as a true Outlook add-on. So build your own shortcuts! The primary executable is at "C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Outlook Sync\WMCSyncManager.exe" (or if you are using a 32bit Windows OS - "C:\Program Files\LG Outlook Sync\WMCSyncManager.exe")I've switched from a Motorola Razr (Alltel customer). There are three things I miss from my Razr#1 - no locking/unlocking the number pad. The flip cover protected the keys.#2 - just flip the cover to answer & hang-up. I didn't need to look at the phone to find the Send & End keys#3- If the phone was on vibrate and I plugged it into the charger, the Razr automatically shifted to ring mode, then back to vibrate mode when removed from the charger.And one thing I am most unhappy about is Verizon. Verizon purchased Alltel. Alltel let me use my Razr (another 1X only phone) as a 1X (read that as slow) modem using account minutes. It worked great for those 10 minutes to check email with my notebook (All my email is stored in Outlook - no crappy web interface or tiny phone screen for me!) when other options were unavailable or ludicrously expensive for 10 minutes use. I might have used an hour's time in a year. On one hand the Verizon rep says the phone doesn't...

Pros

• It's an okay phone with all the basic features. The slide out qwerty keyboard does facilitate texting. Verizon at least doesn't force you to have a data plan in addition to a voice plan with this phone.

Cons

• Verizon greed if you want to continue using your phone as a slow cellular modem.

dsh
posted on 05 Aug 2010, 21:51

Good phone, but no companion software

I have no complaints about the phone itself.  The battery life is great and it makes calls.  BUT the stipid bozos at LG do not have any way to sync contacts or the calendar with Outlook 2010.  Sure, their sync software works with older versions of Outlook, but hey, 2010 has been out on the street for almost a year.  Have not been able to find any other sync software that works with the phone either.  Tried SyncCell, but it corrupts all of the contacts that it updates to the point that just touching a contact reboots the phone.

Nothing but bad news if you want to sync.  If it weren't for that it would be recommended.

Pros

Cons

• Can't sync with Outlook 2010

Brad C. Lackie
posted on 31 Jul 2010, 09:25

I should have been paid to take this phone.

There is no reason, what so ever, for this phone to have a place for a microchip. If you are looking for a free phone
 that has the same applications equal to that of Zach Morrison's cell phone, that was used back in 1992 from Saved by the Bell. Then this phone is perfect for you.

Pros

• It is capable of calling somebody.

Cons

• I am unable to come up with any cons, due to the fact that this phone has nothing to it in order to have anything be negative. It is kind of like the number 0, it is neither negative nor positive.

Bennor
posted on 23 Jul 2010, 21:45

Good basic phone from Verizon

Bought this phone a week ago and so far its a good basic phone. Decent talk time battery life and decent stand by time. Don't do much texting but have used the keyboard to input contacts and calender items, the keyboard works well so long as one doesn't have fat fingers. Its getting tough to find decent phones that don't require the data or texting plans. Looks like Verizon and others are slowly herding users into the phones that require data plans.Camera quality is somewhat low but if I wanted a good camera I'd buy another phone. For many it appears they don't understand or haven't fully experimented with the phone's media player. This phone WILL play MP3's. The trick is to load the MP3 files to a microSD card (which has been formated by the phone) and then put the card into the phone. This will allow the Media Player to see and play the music. Same goes for ring tones and wall paper images, which also can be loaded into the microSD card (into the My Ringtones and My Pictures folders respectively) for the phone to access and use.This phone can be tethered via the USB/Micro USB power charging cable to a PC or Mac. A nice benefit is that this will allow for charging of the phone by the computer (or powered USB hub). On a Windows PC, installing the LG USB Modem Driver will allow the phone to be accessed by the PC. Putting the phone into USB Mode (via Menu --> Settings & Tools --> 3. Tools...

Pros

• Can play MP3's
  • Can add own ringtones
  • Can add own wallpaper images
  • Can sync with Microsoft Outlook on a PC with LG software

Cons

• Low camera quality - look elsewhere if that's important
  • No full fledged media player - look elsewhere if that's important
  • No video player/recorder - look elsewhere if that's important

Chocolate Val
posted on 22 Jul 2010, 15:26

Returning this one after 2 days

Bought it as a 2 year "upgrade" for $40 from the Env2 so I could ditch my data plan and save $120 a year.  I knew the camera was less than desirable, but no video?! Didn't realize it didn't "do music" until I read some reviews.  Am well passed 40 and even with type set to large, am having a hard time with messaging and the smaller interior screen from the 2.  Biggest kicker though is the SHORT battery life.  Found out today (36 hours later) after making 1 brief phone call, talking for 15 minutes and texting a couple of times, I was down to ONE bar.  It is a MOBILE phone - I don't need to be tethered to an outlet/PC all day.  Gonna suck up the data plan and more to ENV3,

Pros

• Good design and basic featured phone.

Cons

• SHORT battery life
  • no video
  • no MP3 player

Hideki Ryuga
posted on 12 Jul 2010, 00:28 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Jul 2010)

Great Budget Meassaging Phone...

If you are Like me you wanna know what your buying. Not some cheap mystery that you have no idea what its features, Battey, Specs,..etc. are Iv search for a simple messaging phone for the most part then I stumble across the LG Cosmos. Ive had my LG Cosmos for a it of time, long enough to get to know it and use it and I think that it is a great Phone Its easy to navigate, Takes High resolution pics, and the full QWERTY keyboard is a factor that everyone likes. I found it very unique that the keyboard slides out from the right side not the left which I think sets it apart from most phone brands.Despite the ohhhh soooo cool touch screen products that companies make these days This phone really lacks no other feature. except the fact it cannot play music or take videos thats a pity for teens who's lives revolve around music however I enjoy the easy frontal NAV pad without the touch feature its less complicated for me. and the Keyboard keys are very finger friendly and are nicely spaced apart so theres no cramped feel when using the QWERTY. That was a Great Plus.When Taking Pictures it can become confusing seeing as you have to take pics with the phone sideways in order for them to appear upward. I got used to that and its simply useful to take a pic with the QWERTY out as well to trick my friends who think Im texting instead. It also holds a zoom feature which I think is an awesome PLUS. the resolution is fair as well. without flash however its near impossible...

Pros

• QWERTY Keyboard, Easy Navigation, Camera Zoom, Slick Design, Customizable, Finger Friendly, Great Quality, Sturdy, Long Battery Life.
  • LOCKING Feature.

Cons

• NO MP3, NO Video, NO Touch Screen, NO Flash, Limited Memory

Devonia
posted on 26 Jun 2010, 11:02

Great Basic Messaging Phone

If you're looking for a basic messaging phone that is simple .. This is the phone for you. I owned an EnV Touch before I upgraded to this phone. I can honestly say that I enjoy this phone more than the Touch. It's very easy to navigate. I can also say that one of the only aspects that the Touch had over the Cosmos was that the keyboard was a bit easier to type on. Otherwise, this phone does have a decent keyboard layout and sliding it open and closed is very smooth. Sound quality is great and the battery life lasts quite a while. It's also affordable .. Definitely worth it!

Pros

• - Great sound quality
  • - Easy to navigate
  • - Great battery life
  • - Decent camera
  • - Smoothing sliding

Cons

• - No flash for the camera
  • - Keys can be a tad bit slippery

Review Boy
posted on 13 Jun 2010, 23:55

Great phone! Please Read!

Hey guys. Like everyone has said, this is indeed a pretty good phone. When deciding between this phone and the samsung intensity, note that this one is newer. It is almost an ounce heavier, it has a higher resolution screen(more pixels than the intensity), and it has a micro usb plug included with it so you can hook it up to your computer! It also has great battery life; 6 hours! The standby time  is also amazing. And for all of you complaining about the music player; have no fear, because a micro sd card is here! In the menu, in the media center, there is something entitled "tunes and tones". The verizon rep told me that you can upload your music to the MICRO SD CARD and then it should be able to play in your phone. Test that out guys! NOTE; there is no music "player" though with play, pause, fast forward, etc. The camera is also pretty good too. It's only 1.3 mp, but it does the job. There are no video capabilities, but hey, it's a phone that's meant for texting. The keyboard is also pretty good; gives a satisfying "click" when you well......um, click it. It feels pretty sturdy, not rock solid, but not flimsy. NOTE: the battery compartment SLIDES off instead of clicking off like some of its twins(the intensity, etc) It slides out pretty nicely; could be better but I'm not complaining. It also has a nice threaded text messaging feature and a loud speaker. Call quality is decent also. The soft keys on it are a nice touch also. This is probably the bbest texting phone...

Pros

• Great battery life
  • Great Resolution screen for the size
  • Good keyboard
  • Nice loud speaker
  • Good call quality

Cons

• No video
  • No music player
  • No flash

dale wesley
posted on 13 Jun 2010, 14:02

lg cosmos

Plain and simple I went from a 8330 Blackberry curve to this phone and it sucks my hands are way to big to use the number keys and the phone unless locked dials numbers so easy its crazy.Verizon told me live with it for a year great .The phone just does not fit the hipe or the sales pitch you recieve when getting one

Pros

• looks nice

Cons

• to small of a key pad number bar to close to top half of phone

Aly
posted on 04 Jun 2010, 22:18

the goods and bads of a lg cosmos

I have only had this phone for 2 days but i love it! It's attractive, smooth, and easy to use. I like how easy and smooth it is to slide it open and close. I also like the raised and easy to press buttons. A couple things that I don't like are the slippery keys, the lack of mp3, and the fact that you have to wait until it has sent the message until u can actually do anything on the phone. Also i have noticed that it fails to send messages a lot more than should be normal for such an expensive and new phone. Even with its bads, the lg cosmos is a really cool phone that I would suggest to people who already have an mp3 and at least moderate patience.

Pros

• attractive
  • easy to use

Cons

• no mp3
  • slippery keys
  • fails to send messages more than normal

posted on 20 May 2010, 20:56

Basically THE PERFECT Basic Texting Phone

Ok lets get one thing out in the open about this phone right off, this is basically the LG Decoy, only a retought version of it.  Everything is basically the same, with the exclusion of a media player, but who cares if you wine about it not having a media player dont get it.  There are plenty of phones out there that offer it, the only reason this phone features a large micro sd capability is so that you can use it as a FREAKING JUMP DRIVE DUUUHHHHH ! !  The phone itself doesnt feel any cheaper than any other phone on the market because theyre all made of plastic these days, not like my good old samsung A900 which was a metal flip phone that continued to operate fine even after it accidentally caught on fire ( my fault ).  It does have a bit of a wacky wallpaper situation where if you send a wallpaper to it and set it to the phones backround in portrat mode, and slide the phone open it stays in portrat mode with black edges around the wallpaper.  BUT the incuded crappy wallpapers transition fine, solution is to use your computer monitor and take a picture of your picture set as the computers wallpaper.  This is because ANY picture taken with its camera will transition fine.

Pros

• Bright Screen
  • Well Thought Out Button Placement
  • Great Sliding mechanism ( METAL SLIDE - JUST LIKE THE DECOY )
  • BEAUTIFUL Voice Clearity
  • Social Networking ( Apps )

Cons

• Kind Of Small Keys On The Slide Out Keyboard - But it beat paying 10 extra dollars a month.

Judy
posted on 20 May 2010, 12:49

Cost/value is great!

Just needed a phone with texting capabilities as I have a 15yr old that forgets a phone was created to call on, not read.  Anyway, Had the EnV but upgraded to the Cosmos a few weeks ago.  I immediately bought a soft case for it to protect it.  It seems a little less sturdy than the Env, as far as weight goes. However, it works fine and I have had no problems at all with it.  It does have a self locking feature which I disabled for convenience sake.  The camera takes good pictures.  Numbers can be set to call by voice activation which I tested but do not use.  However, it works fine.  Connects to Facebook both sending and receiving messages.  However, I also disabled that due to the frequent notifications that annoyed me, but it's there if you want to use it.Speaker phone also works fine...again I just don't use it that much.Many other features that I haven't used yet but are there should I need them...and one day will take the time to try them out. The battery seems to last a little less time than my old phone did.  With probably less than average talk time (20-30 minutes a day) and about 20-25 texts exchanged it lasts for about 2-3 days on a full charge, but that's 24hr days, as I don't usually turn it off at night.  Even after a year my old phone battery lasted 3-4 days so that's a little bit of a pain to charge it more frequently.  However, with a car and home charger it's usually not...

Pros

• Auto lock available
  • Great camera picture quality
  • Easy to navigate through and learn to operate

Cons

• Seems battery life is a little shorter than some.