LG Banter User Reviews

UI speed6.2/10
Camera6.5/10
Multimedia6.6/10

missharrypotter34
posted on 28 Aug 2012, 20:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)

Good phone

missharrypotter34 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for a little over a year and it still works very good! I am a huge clutz and this phone is very durable, i have droped it scraped it on the ground and banged it off of things. The keyboard is great, the buttons are not to flat yet the don't stick up too much. The camera is decent and can take good piccs as long as you are in good light. I do not use the internet very often but when I do it works good. This phone can hold alot of photos! The battery isnt as good as when I first got it, but it still lasts long enough.

Build quality 10/10 its very durable.

angelpie3677
posted on 18 Dec 2011, 21:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)

good phone if you text alot

angelpie3677 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

this phone was great! i had it for 3 years now and it finally broke. i dropped it many times and it worked perfectly. i love how you can hold a lot of photos, and you can save texts, and it will automatically delete the last message. chat view is good. and the phone worked perfect for 2 years. at its last year, the screen would sometimes black out and than come back on, and it would sometimes freeze when deleting drafts. the charger broke many many times, i went through about 3-5 chargers, but i bought cheep ones off eBay. i lost spent a lot of money though as the internet was easy to access, and i kept hitting the left arrow key (

Build quality 9/10 i dropped it many many times and it still worked
Internet 10/10 didnt use the internet at all
UI speed 9/10 texts came fast, and it didnt lag at all
Display 9/10 easy to locate things.
Battery 8/10 lasted me a whole day, if i charge it while i sleep its ready in the morning

Squeege
posted on 24 Nov 2011, 09:47 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)

WORST.PHONE.EVER.MADE.

Squeege has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

TO GET THIS OUT OF THE WAY if you would like to WASTE your money buying new chargers every week, seeing as how the charger port is complete and under uselessness, and will break your charger, then this phone is the PHONE FOR YOU

This phone is so ugly I can't not stand it, it's like walking around with a brick in your pocket. Very ugly phone. Not to mention that it only comes with 3 skins, two of them in ugly primary colours that look like a 5 year old's toy phone. You can choose from bright cyan with flowers or pink. Or black/grey checkers which is the only semi decent skin. Phone constantly shuts off when i slide it out or in, you have to be extremely gentle as to not disturb the phone's power. Many times I've taken my phone out of my pocket and for some odd reason it has turned off. Phone battery life is semi-decent for the first couple months. After that it's as good as a paper weight, and the battery dies after 2 hours of usage. Texts send about 70% of the time and often take up to 2 minutes to send a one word text. Wanna use the internet? Forget it. Takes 5 minutes to start up the home page. Web pages are almost impossible to use. Only about 10% of them will allow me to be able to do something. Picture quality is terrible, might as well build a picture yourself with a couple Lego blocks. The video quality is terrib- oh wait... there is no video. Built in apps are useless, does not give you options to tab or enter in notes.. also not even worth a note seeing as how the...

Build quality 1/10 Ugly, comes with three skins, two of them in primary children's colors, heavy, looks like a brick.
Reception 1/10 Have to travel all over your house to get proper reception, randomly hangs up on people, barely get reception anywhere, you're lucky to get it inside or in a basement.
Call quality 1/10 Sound usually breaks up, very grainy sound, phone randomly will hang up on people, randomly loses calls
Internet 1/10 Over 5 minutes to load home page, no webpage formats work with it, just forget this phone if you want to try to use internet

Pros

• Good for stopping doors
  • may block a bullet if in your front pocket

Cons

• Every possible thing that possibly has to do with phones

Tashakitten
posted on 09 Aug 2011, 23:45

Odd Bugs

Tashakitten has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for a little over a year. It was wonderful at first, but now whenever I go to delete the drafts, the phone will restart and then I can actually delete them. The battery life could also be improved greatly. It used to last a couple of days but now I have to charge it at least twice a day. It's completely infuriating. Also, when I charge it, it'll say it's completely charged but then around 3-4 hours later, it'll say it's dying again. There are major text delays as well, receiving and sending. Lastly, messages over 144 characters are sent as picture messages and unless the person you are sending it to can receive picture messages, it won't be received. Pictures are slightly grainy and a well-lit area is needed. Other than that, I have dropped this phone many times, and it's still working. Calling quality is alright since I only briefly use it. It does the job, though, for a first phone. I don't use the internet.

Build quality 10/10 Dropped many times and still works great
Internet 1/10 I don't use the internet
Text input 10/10 I text like mad everyday. The only con is the quick-text.
Display 10/10 Very easy and clear to see
Battery 5/10 Battery life should last longer and have less bugs

Pros

• Qwerty Keyboard
  • Durable
  • Good and simple to use for everyday use

Cons

• Small character allowance
  • Draft deletion bugs
  • Text delays
  • Batter life

Braden
posted on 08 Aug 2011, 10:50

LG Banter

Braden has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This Is a horrible phone. I have had it for just over 2 weeks and now I cannot use the "up" Button ( ^ ) and it will randomly start scrolling up. I have kept the phone in good use, and I mean it has only been 2 weeks But over all the phone was nice. but the software sucks.

Pros

• Chat Screen

Cons

• Software

Aakash
posted on 09 Jul 2011, 13:38

LG Banter

Aakash has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just got this phone few weeks ago!
It has a good clarity of text, messaging is super easy, its light, and easy-to-use!
I would suggest some one to buy this before just jumping into some high priced device if its his/her first mobile.

Only thing I dint like is the camera but its fine since I have a Olympus!

All I say is this phone is Excellent!

Build quality 10/10 Its small, elegant and light!
Reception 8/10 Umm no idea about this xD
Call quality 10/10 Its clear!
Internet 9/10 I dont use it much but its good!
UI speed 10/10 Its super easy to use!
Everyday usage 10/10 Its very handy, and a good phone!
Text input 10/10 Super easy to type using the qwerty keyboard!
Display 9/10 Not to great but good!
Battery 10/10 It last's me the whole day!

Pros

• EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!

Cons

• WTF?? NOTHINGS WRONG THIS IS EPIC!

Jordyyn
posted on 08 Jul 2011, 14:02

so-so!

Jordyyn has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

okay so i was 11 years old when i got it, first phone pretty damn impressed, until i turned 13 at my party some kids steped on it, it was still good, but I cant send picture msgs without it turning off, i like the keyboard and the chat view, its a good phone, but for someone that is welling to spend some dough 0n a good and nice phone, i would NOT recommend this piece of garbage, to something that is techinoal with phones :)

Pros

• key board is great,
  • chat view
  • EASY TO USE!

Cons

• SLOW
  • ugly in a way
  • the case things keep falling off

Destiny
posted on 30 Jun 2011, 18:28

LG Banter

Destiny has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I find this phone very easy to use it has a great keyboard and also it is very durable also its so good for people who text non stop ( me being one of those people ) i find the camera very good as long as your in good lighting (: I have had this phone for less than a month and overall i have not hd problems and I would more than likely suggest this phone to one of my friends.

Internet 8/10 don't use the internet !

alimazing99
posted on 15 Jun 2011, 11:32

This Phone is AMAZING!

alimazing99 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

When I got this phone I almost cried because all my friends had said it was sucky and didn't work at all, but I was happy I got one at all ( I had been asking my parents for 4 years since I was 8!) Anyways, about 8 months later, all my friends had at least dumped and bought a new phone once. And yet, there I was, still with my LG Banter, as happy as ever. Then one day, I was sitting on the couch, and my parents came in and said that they were so proud that I had stuck with my same phone for so long. They also said that they would be happy to buy me a new one. Now, my sister, who used to use a different phone every 2 months, was in awe, because her privelage of getting a new phone every 2 months had been restricted, and she was stuck with her Samsung Intensity (a.k.a the suckiest phone on the planet) anyways, I said, no, and to this day, after two years, I am going to buy a new phone because my beloved LG Banter broke :(

Build quality 10/10 The build is just fantastic!
Reception 7/10 There were points that it wouldn't receive calls, but I blame it on the cement my house is made of.
Call quality 10/10 GREAT!
Internet 10/10 I didn't use the internet much due to the expenses, but when I did it was great.
Multimedia 9/10 For me anyways, the speakers were just fantastic!
Camera 10/10 The pictures were great, a bit blurry, but great.
UI speed 9/10 Very fast.
Everyday usage 9/10 All the apps and such worked fantastically.
Text input 10/10 The keyboard was fantastic, it was always easy to use.
Display 7/10 good picture colours and stuff.
Battery 8/10 The battery does tend to get low quickly, so all I did was turn the brightness almost all the way down to the darkest it goes and the BAM! I can use it for almost two days!

Je2ter
posted on 13 Jun 2011, 18:01

Bang for your buck

Je2ter has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Lets just say this is a great texting phone. all i do is text so it does its job. It may not have a video camera or a touch screen but is the best bang for your buck. Out of all my contacts about 25% have this phone because it is great. also my friend throws his around and it is still doing perfectly fine( other than some scratches)

Build quality 8/10 the faceplate is a little bendy when removing but don't not feel like it will brake without you trying.
Call quality 8/10 sometimes its great and sometimes its ok, Then again i am partly deaf in one ear. XD
Internet 7/10 it has it but don't try using it to much
Camera 8/10 it works but no video... but who needs it when ur texting

Pros

• great texting phone if all u do is text.
  • best bang for you buck thats why so many people have it

Cons

• no video camera
  • lots of people have it so make sure you know what one is yours

ReviewReviewReview
posted on 06 Jun 2011, 13:45

ReviewReviewReview has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Ive had this phone for about 4 years now. Once I had to have it replaced for some weird glitch, when i traded it in for a new one they said it was most likely cause by having to many pictures and ringtones. I love this phone and I've had the replacement for 2 years now, haven't had any problems till now. You have to hold the charger in or it wont charge very well, I'm not sure why. It's a wonderful phone for texting and it very durable. I've dropped it idk how many times and it works great still, it's even been in water several times. Battery lasts me about 2 days at the most because I text A LOT, i think. All in all its a great phone, I love LG.

Build quality 9/10 Very durable
Reception 10/10 Haven't had any reception issues at all
Internet 10/10 I never really used the internet, so I'm just going to give it a 10
Camera 9/10 Could be better but its pretty good for a phone camera
Text input 10/10 The keyboard makes it very easy to text
Battery 8/10 Could be better

Pros

• Easy for texting
  • Durable
  • Removable faceplates
  • Good call quality

• Some glitches

Princess_Cole
posted on 11 May 2011, 12:47

No Problems

Princess_Cole has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had this phone since October, and have not had any real problems with it, I've dropped it...several times and it still works great, the worse thing that happened was the face plate popped off. The only thing I don't like about this phone is it doesn't say who the text message is from. until you open it, when it pops up that you have a new text, it should say from who.

Overall I like it. It works for the purpse, texting, and short calls. I love it.

Ang
posted on 30 Apr 2011, 10:13

LG Banter

Ang has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

My LG Banter is a decent phone. Although during phone calls, my phone beeps every minute or 2. It shuts off when I delete all my drafts and sometimes my texts (incoming and outgoing) are delayed by like 10-15 minutes. The camera is pretty good but you need to be in good lighting. I really like the chat view for texting, Otherwise it's a good phone.

Internet 1/10 I don't use the internet on my phone
Multimedia 1/10 I don't use this.

Pros

• QWERTY keyboard
  • Different faceplaces
  • Chat view for texting
  • Camera is decent

Cons

• No winky face on screen
  • The backspace button is really close to the send button
  • Turns off for no reason
  • Beeps during phone calls
  • Doesn't come with games

ihatethisphone.
posted on 17 Apr 2011, 14:38

i hate this phone do NOT buy it . !

ihatethisphone. has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

ohmigod. i hate this phone. seriously i would rather use it as a baseball then to text on it.. i have had this phone since december and it will not charge at all, when i first got it, it was great and everything was fine but i find that it is n o t durable because i had it for less then a month and i already had a scratch/crack on it. IT MAKES ME SOO MAD!! it wont even charge at all i have to hold and sqeeze it a certain way for it to charge and then it says its charging but really its not.! it is a peice of junk i strongly recommend you DO NOT get it . kthanks :)

Pros

Cons

• everything.

Tasha
posted on 07 Apr 2011, 17:13

LG BANTER is a PLUS

Tasha has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I'v had this phone for about a year now and honestly, it's been pretty good to me. Good design, doesn't shut off, it isn't sluggish. It runs very smoothly. I havent had any problems with it at all. Im very satisfied with the results. This is especially good for those text fanatics! oh and amazing reception. umm i have only used the internet like twice (bbecause it is not free)...and it was very slow...thats the only downfall. Um camera is good, as long as you have decent lighting. However, there's no flash

miraanda
posted on 06 Apr 2011, 23:45

this phone sucks ~~

miraanda has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for like 7 months and it sucks. I'm really careful with it and it's never been in water or anything!!! I use to love it but now it's just being really stupid. it struts by randomly turnig off, then i couldnt send or receive picture messages( & I have unlimited texting) and then it would take a while to send normal messages and now the screen turns black and the odd time it'll let me see! but I can't use my keyboard otherwise the whole thing freezes and turns black again! and like I you'd think, so what it doesn't send or receive picture messages, but If you type a really long message it turns into a picture message and when it doesn't send I get mad cuz I spen a whole bunch of time typing a message that didn't send! it's a stupid phone and whatever you do... DONT BUY IT!! oh and also the it's hard to hear what people are saying on the calls. no matter what the volume is!

Internet 2/10 internet always just opens randomly.

Pros

• full keyboard
  • different colored faceplates
  • easy to text

Cons

• freezes
  • unclear calls
  • shuts off randomly
  • doesn't send or recieve pictures
  • long messages turn into picture messages
  • camera honesty isn't to great

Brand0n
posted on 19 Mar 2011, 12:00

Brand0n has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

HI, I have had this phone for almost a year now and I'm happy to say I have had very few problems with it. I got the Banter about 10 months ago, and was happily surprised with the phone. It has alright reception, and is a great phone for people looking only to text. While my phone has not yet dropped calls or messages, it has powered off on me twice while it was in my pocket. I am not sure if it was my fault, or if the phone has some issues. Other than that, I was not impressed that it can only hold around 100 SMS, while going over that limit with the longer message types. Also, the screen scratches way too easily, mine is getting scratched from being only in my pocket. I also have an issue where messages are not fully displayed when the keyboard is out. When the keyboard is out and I browse through my sent messages, some sections are cut off. I have not heard any mention of this issue anywhere. Other than that, great phone for a great price!

Internet 10/10 I don't use internet, so I can accurately judge it

Pros

• Long Battery
  • Good Reception
  • Rugged

Cons

• Small Inbox / Outbox
  • Easily Scratched
  • Diplay Issues
  • Phone is a bit slow
  • Call Volume Is Low

hi im CHRIS
posted on 18 Mar 2011, 22:16

bad issue

hi im CHRIS has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

i have had this phone for like 8 monthes and i have terrable problems with it. it will shut off (out of nowwhere) and when i slide it-it freezes. this is a terrable phone I HATE IT (but i used to love it sooooo much and then this) that POs me off. DONT BUY IT (at first you will be like yaaay this is the best phone in the world) THEN YOU WILL HATE IT.

Ella
posted on 26 Feb 2011, 13:02

So far, so good!

Ella has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I recently got this phone, and I love it!I love all the options on it, and I think it's awesome that it comes with faceplates.. The only real negative I have is that (and maybe this is my carrier's fault) I can't make my MP3 files my ringtone. And even that's not a big deal, because the ringtones on the phone are decent.
As of right now, I've had no trouble and I'm loving the phone!

Internet 9/10 I actaully don't use the internet
Camera 8/10 No video camera
Text input 9/10 Backspace button is small and right above "ok" (send), and I've accidentally pressed send instead of backspace a few times.

Pros

• Great qwerty keyboard
  • Faceplates
  • Personalization
  • Light weight

Cons

• No Video Camera
  • Songs can't be ringtones
  • backspace button is right above "send" on the qwerty keyboard

iloveyoumtrench_trenchers
posted on 21 Feb 2011, 16:30

PHONE SUCKZZZZ!!!!!!!!! DOOOO NOTTTTT BUYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

iloveyoumtrench_trenchers has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone has way too many flaws!!! It turns off randomly, sometimes freezes when i slide it, i cant seem to recieve picture messages, vibrate is way to low, my ringtone is way too loud even when it is on volume 1, sometimes when i text it puts the letter twice, and the quick text thing is really anoyying!!!!!!!!! i even took it back to the store to see if we can return it or to turn the quick text thing off but they cant even figure it out!!!! THIS PHONE IS SOOOO STUPID!!!!! Next time i am soooooo getting the BlackBerry Curve 3G! I heard that its a really good phone.

Pros

• keyboard
  • different colour face plates

Cons

• quick text
  • freezes
  • randomly turns off
  • ringer too loud (even when on vol. 1)
  • vibrate too low
  • cant recieve picture messages
  • no video

Sally
posted on 21 Feb 2011, 15:48

No good.

Sally has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had my phone for less then a year, but i think its already broken. I have never done anytthng bad to it like exposing it to water or dropping it but the screen islike fuzzy and it goes black like every 10 15 minutes! i really liked this phone at start but now not at all, it should last longer!

Pros

• keybored
  • notta bad camera

Cons

• no video camera
  • broke too early

marcy
posted on 09 Feb 2011, 21:58

I realy like my Banter ux 265

marcy has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Iv never had any issues with my phone it works great. I jusy got my Mom one off ebay and hers works great too. We dont use the internet on them so I wont rate it. I got my Mom one because of ease of use, and I can help her with any questions she may have.

Pros

• I like everything about it

DustinBC
posted on 02 Feb 2011, 01:01

Great Phone, Few Minor Flaws

DustinBC has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for about 5 months now, and it is VERY durable, simple, and easy to get the hang of. Texting is phenomenal, and very easy. Calling quality is clear and crisp, with very few dropped calls. Internet speed is decent, depending on where you are. Camera is very clear is high lighting conditions, with some cool cam features. The default ringtones aren't the best, it's better to download one. Overall features and tools are up to date. Very durable phone, I tell you! Only issue with dropping it is the face plate will likely come off, no biggie. Flaws are there is no video, but who cares. The autofill while texting is a pain sometimes, texts won't send the first time if another text is incoming at the same time. Occasionally, it sometimes vibrates and reboots, but who cares. I have heard so many problems with the phone, but mine is perfect. Manufacturers screw up sometimes, it happens. Also, the battery life sorta sucks, but I charge it once every night, and it's good for the next day. Last flaw, the symbols take a little time to figure out, but simple once you do figure em out. Overall, great, simple phone, not an entertainment center; great for teens who love to text, like me, and just want a simple phone, with some unique features. Worth the money, for sure! Enjoy! :D

Pros

• Easy to use!
  • Internet is pretty dang good!
  • Great reception!
  • Texting is great!
  • Camera rocks for well lit settings!
  • Worth your money for sure!
  • Music/Audio quality is phenomenal!
  • Long lasting, durable!
  • Definetely great for an everyday phone!

Cons

• No Video
  • No winky face on main keyboard
  • Some models have serious defects

Garrett Cotten
posted on 13 Jan 2011, 11:28

LG Banter is the BEST phone ever!!!!!!!!

Garrett Cotten has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The LG Banter is the best phone ever because its good for texting, calling, taking pictures, web. Some (unfortunetly) bad things about the phone is the battery life, I think LG could improve on it because sometimes it only lasts 5hours. But overall its a really good phone!! :)

Pros

• Everything!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

• Nothing!!!!!!

jones911
posted on 05 Jan 2011, 09:43

great phone

jones911 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

ive had my phone since May and ive never once had a problem with it i would like to point out that my battery life last for almost a week. but if u turn it off and on every night than itll bearly lasts for 2 days.so just dont turn it off it takes more power to turn it off than it does to leave it on all night. also three are green faceplates in canada but only with koodo.

Build quality 10/10 been droped alot but still work like new
Reception 8/10 i am out of servce alot because i have a camp in the country so receptin not great there
Multimedia 10/10 sounds and works good
Camera 10/10 i find it works great
UI speed 10/10 idk?
Display 8/10 could be more costumizeable.
Battery 10/10 like i said works great.

• basicly everything

Cons

• nothing