BLU VIVO 4.3 User Reviews

Camera8.5/10
Call quality8.5/10
Battery6.5/10

jeffsantanna
posted on 05 Apr 2013, 21:23 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)

Beautiful, good and cheap

jeffsantanna has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I live in Brazil. Here smartphones have higher prices. At some time I wanted to buy a dual core Android and SuperAMOLED. This unit was a treat. Delivers what it promises and has a spectacular screen. I believe that in a short time Blu is a company known in the Latin American market. Long live the Blu Products.
I think the original launcher ugly. Change by New Launcher and it was beautiful.
I am very pleased with the performance of Live 4.3. It exceeded my expectations.
In the future I want a quad core.

Build quality 9/10 Unlike the Samsung, Blu is made ​​entirely of plastic. Yet it is well built and has good finish.
Reception 9/10 Is normal.In my region works very well.
Internet 10/10 Accurated and fast.
Multimedia 10/10 Do not lose to Galaxy S and SII lite (advance).
Camera 9/10 I lke
UI speed 8/10 The interface of Blu equals the other famous brands.
Display 10/10 It's very good. Same as the Galaxy S or Xperia P Advance.

Pros

• Price
  • ICS
  • Honest
  • Beauty

Cons

• Launcher original is very ugly

slam_tilt
posted on 06 Dec 2012, 22:30 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)

Blu Vivo 4.3 Finally a dual sim smartphone with great features has arrived.

slam_tilt has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

In my mind this is probably the best featured active dual sim phone on the market at this time that isn't from a mainstream manufacturer. It has a fast dual core processor, one of the brightest displays on the market, 8mp camera, Android ICS, and a slim yet quality feel to the phone when holding it. The unit I bought came with a 4gB microSD card, which I plan to replace with a 32gB card in due cause. It does have some negatives to it though that I should outline. Gravity sensor needs adjusting and at this time I have yet to work out how to do that as the slightest tilt can change its aspect. Voice to text struggles with the Kiwi accent. But in all honesty all the ones I have tried do as well. Battery life is weak, but if I turn off features like Bluetooth, 3G, Wifi and GPS when they aren't required then it lasts longer. And the earphones that come with it are rubbish.

Build quality 8/10 I found this phone very plasticky, However, ithe back cover has a brushed feel to it which gave it a high end appeal. The cover over the microUSB port is a little finiky for those with short finger nails. The headphones are a let down but I swapped them out for Marshall Minors, an option all cellphone makers should consider
Reception 8/10 I live in New Zealand where reception fluctuates but the Vivo 4.3 handles it well. I run a 2 degrees sim for 3G in slot 1 and an Optus Australia card which roams on Vodafone in slot 2.
Call quality 8/10 Call quality is good and although signal strength fluctuates here in New Zealand, I didn't notice any difference in quality from using my old Nokia X2.
Internet 8/10 Good connection on 3G and Wifi.
Multimedia 10/10 Probably the best feature about this phone in my mind is the quality of the screen. Videos look sharp and music is crisp and clear. The basic sound presets are basic but nothing that the Google Play store can't cure.
Camera 8/10 Auto focus takes some getting used to as it doesn't always lock onto the object in the centre and the video camera mode works well and uploading to youtube is a synch. Video calling is poor quality but at 1.3mp I am not exactly expecting HiDef.
UI speed 7/10 This works but not how I want it to. Sometimes I have to really thump the screen to activate it. Other times any press will do. But the most annoying feature is the gravity sensor swaps from portrait to landscape at the slightest tilt when I'm one finger texting. I am yet to work out how to adjust it. The side buttons are great and work well.
Everyday usage 9/10 Awesome for everyday use.
Text input 8/10 Text input is relatively fine. It has default predictive texting but I think that's more of a ICS issue than that of the phone. Voice to text works but struggles with the Kiwi accent. Again a Google ICS issue.
Display 10/10 The screen and display are fantastic. I am a low vision person so this is what sold me on Blu to begin with. I removed the temperature from the default home screen wallpaper so I could add more widgets. Videos and photos are bright and clear to me.
Battery 6/10 The bane of all smartphone makers I bet is to make a phone which can give users a 2-4 day battery life. This phone chews up battery when features like 3G, Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, are all activated and in use. Turn them off when they are not needed and the battery lasts longer.

Pros

• Bright display
  • 8mp camera
  • Active dual sim
  • Dual core processor
  • Android ICS
  • Good build quality
  • MicroUSB Charging

Cons

• Supplied Earphones are rubbish
  • G Sensor is temperamental
  • battery life not great