Alcatel OneTouch Idol User Reviews

Internet9.3/10
Call quality9.3/10
Battery8.3/10

TechPro128
posted on 06 Oct 2014, 14:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Oct 2014)

Alcatel one touch idol :-)

TechPro128 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

A great phone.I had the Samsung galaxy s3 and
the one touch idol is way better.I use it 75%
Percent of the day so it must be quite a lot
on the charger.And it hay quite a good build
quality considering i dropped it twice on
hard sufaces

Text input 9/10 Allways auto correct fails :(
Display 10/10 Beautiful display
Battery 9/10 Needs to allways je on charger well there Is no dought in that cause i u se it 8 hours A day

Pros

• beautiful display
  • very good camera
  • doesnt brake

Cons

• baterry life

Ableeblee
posted on 28 Jun 2014, 01:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)

Alcatel OneTouch Idol :)

Ableeblee has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Was a fantastic phone until I broke it. A few minor faults here and there but overall, I loved it! Very light and great to use. Hard to fit in pockets and a little daunting to put it into a bag with other things incase it got crushed, but I really liked having this phone.

Build quality 7/10 An amazing, light phone. Very large but handled a few drop onto hard surfaces. I recently broke mine by accidentally sitting on it (my bad). A bit thin so I was constantly worried about breaking it.
Reception 8/10 Very rarely lost service, a few troubles with calling at times but generally very good.
Call quality 7/10 Call quality was crackly at times, turning up the volume distorted the sound a bit so it was hard to talk in loud areas, but in a quiet space it was excellent.
Internet 10/10 Never had problems with internet! Google Chrome came installed on the phone and was extremely easy to operate.
Camera 9/10 Back camera is excellent and front camera is good in the right light. I give it a 9/10 only because I couldn't use the front camera even when all lights in the room were turned on, but for everyday use it was fantastic.
Everyday usage 9/10 So easy to use! I used the alarm clock every day and messaging services were incredibly easy to use. I had very limited troubles with things such as the notifications (I often got repeated notifications for the same thing) but I didn't really mind that.
Text input 7/10 My autocorrect disappeared! For the first few months of use, I had no troubles, but then the autocorrect function stopped working and despite changing settings, it never came back. Super inconvenient when you're a lazy texter and rely on autocorrect to complete words.
Display 10/10 Beautiful large screen, an absolute pleasure to use. Webpages are so easy to see and you can zoom to super clear close-up images!
Battery 7/10 If I wasn't going on the internet all day, the battery would last the whole day, but a lot of the time I would be charging it twice a day in order to do anything on it. Apps drain the battery quite fast but if you are not constantly glued to your phone, the battery was okay.

Pros

• Large display
  • Good camera
  • Apps easy to use
  • Affordable
  • Lightweight

Cons

• A little flimsy
  • Autocorrect disappeared?!
  • Battery life can be short

toneta91
posted on 25 May 2014, 17:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Feb 2014)

Great for it's price

toneta91 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Don't look at the benchmarks. There's no way Galaxy Trend Plus is 2 times faster than the Alcatel. The Alcatel is A LOT FASTER than the benchmarks say. I'm a very heavy user and i'm really satisfied with it.

Build quality 10/10 Beautiful phone. Doesn't feel cheap.
Call quality 10/10 Very clear earpiece.
Multimedia 10/10 I dont listen to music so im not sure but the ringing is loud enough.
Camera 9/10 The back camera is ok even in the dark. Front camera is amazing though. I've never seen front camera so good.
UI speed 9/10 Really fast
Everyday usage 9/10 Alcatels UI is not perfect but its fine once you get used to it.
Text input 9/10 Has a built in swiftkey which is kinda cool(but not the paid version).
Display 9/10 I'm not that satisfied with the touchscreen responsiveness but its not that bad. You might even not notice it. The display is just BEAUTIFUL. Did not expect that from a cheap phone.
Battery 9/10 15 hrs with moderate use.

• Call quality
  • Front-facing camera

Cons

• BATTERY

toneta91 alternatives:

loza99
posted on 12 Jul 2013, 09:19 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)

Awesome !!

loza99 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I use this phone and its very good for games and other aplications

Pros

• Big Display
  • 8 MPX
  • Build quality