Nokia 7205 Intrigue User Reviews

kaisel
posted on 01 Oct 2010, 01:47 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Oct 2010)

nokia 7205 intrigue verizon wireless

Among the various phone which I use so far, This one is great. I like the smooth face plate because it is easy to wipe off/keep clean. I really like the larger numbers that appear while dialing. It's easy to hold and not drop because of the shiny finish. The Nokia 7205 Intrigue's tiny 860mAh battery does a surprisingly great job of powering this cell phone. Like a said earlier, I am still just getting acquainted with all of the features. So far it's a winner.

layeisha
posted on 21 Jul 2010, 13:10

PRETTiESt PHONE EVER BUT NOT WHEN YOU USE IT

FIRST OF ALL IM A FAST TEXTING PERSON BUT TEXTING ON THIS PHONE KINDA SLOWS ME DOWN BECUZ OF THE SLICK KEYS!THE DESIGN IS REALLY PRETTY EVERYBODY LOVED IT BUT I DIDNT AFTER SEEING THE FEATURES!THE RINGTONES DONT WORK GOOD!THE CAMERA IS BLURRY 1.3 MEGAPIXEL!THE HABBAIT IS SLOW!!THE PHONE GOES OFF BY IT SELF!AND THE CHARGER STOPS WORKING GOOD AFTER SIX MONTHS!THE BATTERY LIFE STAYS UP FOR 1 DAY IT IS SO NOT GOOD AS MY OLD PHONE THE HUE FROM VERIZON WIRELESS!!BUT IM GETTING A SAMSUNG REALITY AND HOPEFULLY ITS BETTER!!*

Pros

• ITS PRETTY
  • GOOD CONTACTS

Cons

• CAMERA BLURRY 1.3 MEGAPIXELS
  • SLOW
  • CHARGERS STOPS WORKING AFTER 6MONTHS
  • TURNS OFF BY ITSELF
  • BATTERYLIFE IS HORRIBLE!

posted on 27 May 2009, 02:33

I love the look of this phone, unfortunately, that is the only thing going for it.. The battery life is horrible. It drops calls. It erases my call log all by itself. The sound quality stinks.

Pros

• The look of the phone

posted on 25 May 2009, 20:33

no good

I have to say that this is the most disappointing phone I have ever owned.  for a little background, i am not in to a lot of bells and whistles.  I like clam shell phones that work well.  besides that, i am just not going to pay for all the extra.  the nokia intrigue's buttons were too small, it collected finger prints like crazy, the battery life was terrible, the phone echoed when you talked, and the texting was quite annoying.  the only saving grace was the habitat mode, which is very cool.  unfortunately, that was not enough for me to keep the phone.  after just under a month of use, i took it back for a full refund and went back to my old LG.  maybe verizon will come out with something that is nice, simple, functional, stylish, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Pros

• style
  • habitat mode

• texting
  • sound quality
  • buttons
  • finger prints

posted on 23 May 2009, 15:16

this phone is stylish and thats about it. it seems all of nokias recent releases have been terrible, perhaps thats why they haven't released in awhile.

Pros

• sleek
  • stylish
  • good camera

Cons

• horrible speaker, tiny buttons that if not hit directly in the middle will not work

thomasbambam
posted on 19 May 2009, 17:53

at least it look's cool

i was one of this first to get this phone when it was released. wasn't planning on it when i walked into the store, but i guess i didn't care enough to shop around. it was new and looked nice, i could afford it. pretty UNREALISTIC how it doesn't save any words you use in T9? what kind of a phone doesn't do that nowadays? 'what the duck'

i'm faster than the phone, which is ashame because i can't floss on it. texting freezes up sometimes, and maybe there's a feature i'm not realizing but it copies word's i write in texts and paste's them several times. annoying. habitat look's awesome, but

Pros

• not a house phone/brick
  • big clock on the front. easy to read
  • reading texts on the front is a blast

Cons

• doesn't remember common words in T9 texting...
  • sometime's it takes 5 and doesn't work. then you have to smack the battery out and reboot it.
  • phone's are miserable

abomb7
posted on 07 May 2009, 10:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 May 2009)

If only it worked as good as it looks...

I had this phone for a little more than a week before returning it. I couldn't even make it through a full day without having to charge the battery. The system was sluggish, always lagging if I texted too fast or moved through the menus quickly. As every other review says on here, the phone is very sleek and cool, but that's about it for this phone. If you spend more time looking at your phone than actually using it, this would be a good choice.

Pros

• weight/size

Cons

• battery, operating system, texting

adidaswu27
posted on 06 May 2009, 12:36

Buying a new one this week

I was very excited when i got this phone because i really liked the habitat mode and the pink keypad. Now that I have it I hate it. T9 is horrible it doesn't know like any words and doesn't also can't remember the words you input. the battery life is one of the worst i have ever seen. the commands on the phone are slow and some times mess up. it freezes to many times in a day.

Pros

• Habitat, pink keypad,

Cons

• Short Battery life, Bad T9, freezes, shuts down for no reason, comands get messed up

VWGal
posted on 27 Apr 2009, 16:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)

Sweet Little Phone

Love it!  Cute, Sleek, Easy to use!  Love the habitat mode!

Pros

• Habitat Mode
  • Sleek Design
  • Small Size
  • Light Weight
  • Easy to Use
  • Dashboard
  • Front Screen Display Rocks

Cons

• No FM Radio
  • Can be Slow going through menu sometimes
  • Freezes Some

bk2
posted on 13 Apr 2009, 12:32

Fits my needs and looks great too!

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->
I originally had my mind set on the LG Versa until the Intrigue came out. The deal breaker was the NE2 price difference: $40 for the Intrigue vs. $150 for the Versa. The phone is simple to use and is downright elegant. The Habitat mode is a breakaway from the normal Verizon interface. The hidden front screen is also unique, allowing you to read your messages with the flip closed. My only big negative is the weak vibrating mode.

Pros

• Phone is very small, sleek and simple to use, and I like the Habitat mode
  • The outside, hidden screen works very well to provide a quick look at any incoming text messages
  • Call clarity is excellent.
  • Music player works great, and the outside controls are very responsive
  • Alarm works very well

Cons

• Poor vibrate mode. I could not feel it vibrate in my pocket nor could I find an internal adjustment to make it stronger
  • Front is a fingerprint magnet, which detracts from the beauty of it.
  • While the jury is still out on this one, it appears that the battery drains rather quickly.

Max M.
posted on 07 Apr 2009, 11:49

Beautiful phone, but can't make a good call to save its life

I've had the phone for a couple days, and can say I want to love this phone. I want it to be the phone I use for the next two, three, heck four years. It's so beautiful. I used to be jealous when the Razrs first came out and I didn't have one. Now I am satisfied. Visually, anyways.
Reception-wise, the outlook is dismal. I have not had one good call (of about five). In locations that my four-year old Samsung SCH-670 handled without a problem, the Intrigue has had calls and voicemail cut in and out repeatedly, be tinny, and simply cut off as "call was lost". Another review site, based in San Francisco near where I am, said it was only average - I haven't even found it to be that. Lastly, I also found on one of my calls (like another reviewer I said) that the volume went quiet all on its own. It only did this once, and was probably just another symptom of bad reception. However this obviously is a deal-breaker if I can't get these issues to improve.
As other reviews will tell you, it's got a lot of goodies, like Habitat mode, which keeps contacts on the main menu, allowing you to get to the profiles of people you've been talking to, seeing the history of your interaction with them. It also has a good camera, huge front screen that is minimalistic but perfect for me, and... when you text and type "me" it comes up "me", not "of"! I never found another way to get around that, and it really pissed me off, so that's a big, nagging problem fixed for me. Unfortunately, when you switch from...

Pros

• DESIGN!, front display, OS speed, texting predictability, camera, Habitat mode

Cons

• Calling reception

posted on 29 Mar 2009, 17:42

Great Phone!

I really like this phone! its a really sleek design with many featues for a flip phone. It's the best flip phone Verizon offers currently.

Pros

• Good reception
  • Can read texts from outer screen
  • Light / Small design
  • EVDO Rev A
  • Good Battery Life

Cons

• No USB mass storage

markhunsaker
posted on 25 Mar 2009, 15:11

Nice, sleek phone!

I picked up this phone yesterday.  They told me in the corp. store that I was the first to buy it since it wasn't even on the sales floor yet.  So far, it's been extremely nice.  It is crippled by VZW OS, but it runs quickly.  If it can keep up with my texting, it is running pretty fast.

Pros

• Stealth look, fast processor, easy to use, cool themes, good battery time

Cons

• Preloaded sounds are weak. I like just a plain ringer, and there is only 1 that is normal.

march2009
posted on 24 Mar 2009, 20:39

Excellent and Unique

Don't get me wrong. This phone is brilliant. Just look at the design- it is so flashy and slim. As the picture shows, you see it is a dark black color. I had gotten that same color and it is stunning! Everything is so easy to use, and battery life is surprisingly great. It's probably because of the Nokia quality.. my brother has the N95 US and I've played with it before. Nothing's wrong with any conponment, expect for the keyboard (kind of annoying, but okay).

• keyboard
  • keypad
  • sim
  • light
  • good design
  • good battery
  • screen

Cons

• nothing !!

Angel123
posted on 24 Mar 2009, 11:30

Phone is great so far

Me and my hubby just got these yesterday and so far no problems at all. We really like the quality audio if hooked up to a bluetooth or not. like the simplicity of use, very user friendly. We don't text so don't know about that area. Camera is awesome ,also. love the flash really makes for a better picture. so far so good!!!

Pros

• great camera
  • super audio even on bluetooth
  • cool design
  • user friendly

Cons

• battery life is only 4 hrs. talk time