Nokia 5230 Nuron User Reviews

UI speed5.6/10

Random Person.. lol
posted on 25 Jul 2011, 19:32

Best Phone I have had

Random Person.. lol has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Uhm.. lets see. I love everything about this phone.. except for the fact it doesnt have a signature option, no thread in messaging, no flash, the main internet browser sucks.. but I downloaded opera mini. lol. Its a great phone with a few disadvantages.

Build quality 8/10 eh.. great build... sorta lightweight, but my gel cover pays up for that.
Reception 7/10 It picks up where I live but if I go to the country it will not pick up.. :( lol
Call quality 9/10 Great call quality! I dont use calling that much though.
Internet 6/10 The one on the phone sucks... so I have Opera Mini
Multimedia 9/10 I use my music player almost everyday.
Camera 9/10 Video quality is great when played on youtube. lol
UI speed 8/10 eh..
Everyday usage 10/10 I use it everyday.
Text input 10/10 It types fast.
Display 10/10 Awesome screen!
Battery 8/10 eh... could be better but its still good.

Pros

• Video
  • Text
  • Opera Mini lol
  • App Store
  • Awesome Screen
  • Almost Everything

Cons

• Regular Browser
  • No Signature
  • No Flash

D.P
posted on 06 May 2011, 20:35

D.P has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Personally i'm only a texter. I rarely use the internet or apps on here, but when i do it works fine. Im very use to my blackberry, in fact i still carry it around. My blackberry is a real piece of work. Slow, freezes all the time, Turns on stuff randomly. But with the nuron, it works a whole lot better. I listen to music constantly, and it tends to drain the battery, but other than the i love it.

Build quality 8/10 slightly bulky, but so are lots of smartphones.
Reception 10/10 t mobile works great. never had a problem.
Call quality 9/10 sensitive hearing, so i can hear very well.
Internet 5/10 i carry a laptop, no need for the internet often.
Multimedia 10/10 i listen to music constantly, and never have a problem, hate having to carry an ipod and a phone.
Camera 5/10 could really use a flash.
UI speed 8/10 frustrating at times, but my blackberry acted the same way, so im use to it.

Pros

• good for texting
  • music quality

Cons

• battery could be better

Zdzicho16018
posted on 22 Mar 2011, 18:40 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)

My review: Short yet to the point.

Zdzicho16018 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have had this phone for 3 months, or well i have had 7 of these phones in 3 months bc each one had the same problems. The screen went white very often and the phone also reset all by its self and then froze wen it TRIED to boot back up. Here is my opinion on the phone:
if u look up the word crap in the dictionary, the picture of the phone will be right there.

UI speed 1/10 What speed?

Pros

• Nice camera
  • Responsive Keyboard

Cons

• NO WIFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!
  • GLITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FREEZES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SCREEN GOES WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SCROLLING IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • +others

huh
posted on 02 Mar 2011, 07:40

nokia

huh has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

the phone is slow and laggy. programs r very poorly constructed, have the worst aim software ever. have to go through a lot of commands just to make a simple call. if it wasnt for it is able to go onto the internet id stick with a regular cell phone from 10 years ago rather than this one. with aim left on your battery only last about 2 hours at most.

dno36
posted on 12 Feb 2011, 06:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)

I have been pleasantly surprised!!

dno36 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

When I purchased this phone, it was with some hesitation as I had read mix reviews about the Nuron......This phone has been a wonderful surprise, a solid performer with many many features that have served me very well indeed.
While our family has 5 cell phones, and 6 more for work, we have the advantage of seeing more phones than most, and I must say this phone has done very well for us.
Excellent video recorder!
Ovi-Maps GPS works great!
Internet very dependable!
Call quality & reception very good!
Great Display!
Right size!!
Standard size jacks!

Build quality 9/10 Has been flawless despite several hard drops.
Multimedia 9/10 Really has everything I ever need.
Camera 8/10 Fair camera....video is EXCELLENT!!

Pros

• Clear calls, clear screen, fast responding, doesn't drop calls, WONDERFUL video camera!!, great music player, std size jacks and adapters, right size, Ovi-Maps/GPS work excellent

Cons

• speakerphone could be clearer at full volume

Sweetu
posted on 06 Feb 2011, 22:15

Thinking to buy...

Sweetu has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I m not using it... i mean i dont have it yet..................... but wat i have read all about it is like loving to buy it ASAP.... Everything except the Camera is there of wat all i need......... Hope it will be my best phone ever............. Fingers Crossed

Pros

• touch screen
  • 3g
  • big screen display
  • gps
  • fast internet
  • EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Cons

• onlt the camera

Kelsey
posted on 27 Jan 2011, 16:36

Review on Nokia 5230 Nuron

Kelsey has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It's easy to work with but the quality of the phone just sucks. The phone has so many problems with it. I haven't dropped it once nor put it near water or anything like that. I only have had for about 4 months and I already hate it. Everything about this phone sucks. Do NOT waste your money on it.

Pros

• Easy to work.

Cons

• Turns off Randomly
  • Wont answer calls
  • Camera doesnt work
  • Freezes

cellphonefanatic
posted on 27 Dec 2010, 15:51

great phone

cellphonefanatic has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

good phone, addictive, camera could be better though... if you want something really fancy, keep looking, because this isn't the one. however, i love this phone, though some of my "really up-to-date, techy" friends criticize me for it, even though it fits my needs perfectly
however, the turning sensors slow down after a few months, which prompted me to turn them off. when turned on, it takes a while for it to decide whether to show the vertical or horizontal view.
overall, well worth the money,

Raymond
posted on 22 Dec 2010, 23:13

Nokia 5230 (Nuron) is good for basic and general use...

Raymond has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I had to change to the 5230 (AWS) from N95-3 after switching to a different mobile carrier service. I only plan to use the 5230 temporarily before upgrading to say a Nokia E7.

Decent build quality, despite in plastic. The phone body could be thinner.

Throughout my years of using Nokia phones, they have one of phones with the best signal reception on the market. The 5230 is no different.

During a conversation, with the volume cranked up to the max, I find that it's still not loud enough (compare to N95)

The built-in web browser is great. However, I use Opera Mini because my bookmarks are better managed using Opera Link.

Typical Nokia style music player and Real Player. The gallery can be quite slow if you have a huge album of photos.

No flash on the camera. Photo quality is only fair.

Fairly fast UI. The OS is not efficent though

Not so accurate touchscreen text input, even with a calibrated touchscreen.

Gorgeous screen! Even at the lower brightness settings, the screen is fairly bright. I wish there is a light sensor to adjust the screen brightness.

The biggest downside of this phone is the poor battery life. When the phone reaches about 4 bars of battery, in a matter of 30 mins to one hour, the battery goes down to 1 bar. Perhaps I have 1 to 2 apps running in the background. I have no issue with such fast drain on the N95 with the same usage condition.

It would have been nice if the phone includes a Wi-Fi capability.

Pros

• Screen (colours, brightness, sharpness)
  • Signal reception
  • Web-browsing
  • Good for basic and general use

Cons

• Battery (fast drain)
  • Inaccurate text input from the touchscreen
  • No flash on the camera
  • No Wi-Fi
  • Low volume during a voice call
  • Inefficient OS

sebaa
posted on 26 Nov 2010, 18:44 (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Jun 2009)

My review

sebaa has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

What can i say .. a good phone, the very good thinq about it is the gps , never has drop the gps reception , end also it is getting 3-4 bars of gps signal in the house.Also good call quality end battery . My only cons is that is don't have wifi end flash.

Pros

• Very Good GPS chipset, i'm mean very sensitive , you will get Very fast satellites, end Very fast lock on your location. (without A-GSP )
  • Very good batery lieftime

Cons

• No Wifi
  • No flash camera
  • Speking of camera only 2 MP

benjamin7890
posted on 14 Aug 2010, 14:23

Nokia 5230 is AMAZING

I'm so happy with my new unlocked cell phones! This has an unbelievably fast processor, great feel and easy to text on. I used to own a unlocked htc phones, but I'm so much happier with my brand new unlocked nokia phones. This Nokia Nuron 5230 is so much better for my business and pulls my email in so much faster. And I really couldn't be happier with it since it is an unlocked tmobile phones and it's a unlocked 3g phones I can take it overseas. My family loves my new phone and can't get enough of the games. I'm going to purchase another one for my son for his birthday from gsmauthority.com. Definitely would recommend this phone.

nokia frnds
posted on 02 Jul 2010, 15:30

simple fabulous

I bought this phone on risk. I though it;s not going to be fine. But on the dat i purchased and till now it's more than my expectation. I have iPhone 4 recently got it. But genuinely this is really more than iPhone 4. I feel more mess on iPhone 4. Now the one thing i heard, nokia has released firmware v.20 but i'm not able to download it. If anyone suggest wht to do let me know. Even though am enjoying nokia 5230 with what it has.
My vote 10/10.

mcg709
posted on 23 Jun 2010, 19:58

Smart Users' Smart Phone

I have used this phone for one month and I am totally pleased... not only with the phone but also with the T-Mobile service.There are a lot of details, but in a nutshell, I have a tetherable, unlimited service plan minutes for voice/SMS/MMS/data, with audible driving guidance in english (UK) - female, which runs my spreadsheets    \(^_^)/You'll have the world's most popular brand of phone (Nokia), running the world's most popular operating system (Symbian) and you'll be surfing with the world's most popular mobile browser (Opera Mini). All this and a terrific 7 hour/18 day battery!And the best part is that you'll be paying less half the monthly charge for an I-phone 4.

James C
posted on 22 Jun 2010, 23:26

Nokia Nuron

I have had this phone for a while and honestly Im not very pleased with it...Everything seems to be a maze; I seem to have to go through way to many pages and clicks to do simple apps. Also my IMing screen constantly freezes my whole phone.  I plan on returning it.

zane
posted on 21 Jun 2010, 23:19

nokia nuron 5230

this phone is truly amaing. i owned for a pretty long time and it is truly awesome. i have owned tons of phones before but this is so far truly the best. its a great conection capablity, easy to use, and it has one of the best cameras a phone could ever have.

Pros

• amazing performance
  • great conection
  • very organizble
  • fun to use
  • great phone to store music and listien to
  • geat phone to to browse the web on

Cons

• lacks wi-fi
  • design has been used way to much

Stefanie
posted on 17 Jun 2010, 14:10

Inexpensive alternative

The Good:- Nice size- Sturdy touch screen- It turns on- Similar OS to all other Nokia phones- Web, GPS, email...The Bad:- The OS of a Nokia Touch screen will make you want to return it.  It is as good as having Windows mobile.- Hope you like apps running in the background to drain your battery!- For all the apps you can have its limited in the ways you can position them (or the manual does not explain it well)- Under-powered hardware (or really funky software) everything seems to have a "lag" time causing frustration in hitting incorrect touch screen buttons.- The physical buttons are awkwardly placed.Bottom line:I need my email and calendar....this phone does not provide it reliably (it's not the network).  Also, I don't like going thru a maze of buttons to return a phone call.  This phone would be good for a teenager or someone who does not need information updated reliably.

Pros

• - Nice size
  • - Sturdy touch screen
  • - It turns on
  • - Similar OS to all other Nokia phones
  • - Web, GPS, email...

Cons

• - The OS of a Nokia Touch screen will make you want to return it. It is as good as having Windows mobile.
  • - Hope you like apps running in the background to drain your battery!
  • - For all the apps you can have its limited in the ways you can position them (or the manual does not explain it well)
  • - Under-powered hardware (or really funky software) everything seems to have a "lag" time causing frustration in hitting incorrect touch screen buttons.
  • - The physical buttons are awkwardly placed.

posted on 01 Jun 2010, 19:47

On Time....

I have had all kind of smart phone. And all cost lots of money to buy and a $30.00 a month just to get to have all the smart phones have to offer. this phone $10.00 a month.  On Time for the Time if you know what i mean Save Save Save and it's a good phone. I Love it!!!!!    Nokia 5230 Nuron.

jordan
posted on 30 May 2010, 21:55

amazing

ive had all kinds of phones a black berry 8330 and 8220 and this phone kills them both in speed and everything and i even had a i phone 3gs and its equal if not better for half the price with that said the only thing is that there is a learnin curve to how the menus are layed out

Pros

• every thing

Cons

• menu takes gettin used to

posted on 01 Apr 2010, 11:56

Bang For Your Buck

I'm coming to this phone from a BB Curve 8900.  Having said that I couldn't be happier with this phone.  The sceen size and resolution are perfect, the feel and weight of the phone is excellent as well.  I am not a true power-user but this phone will do everything you need it to and more.  My Favorite Features:Ovi Maps - A free turn-by-turn voice guided GPS system that doesn't require a data plan. (that alone puts this phone in a league of its own for the price)Flash Browser - I've owned and Iphone and of course various BB's and none had Flash in their browersCalls are loud and clear with excellent 3G signal strength.  Both the landscape and normal text entry modes are comfortable as you can use your fingernails for tap since this is a resistive touchscreen which is also responsive enough for everyday use.  The browser is nice as well with quick loading and full browser.  IMO, if you need a phone that does everything any other phone can do but still has that basic phone feel, then your in luck because this phone fits the bill perfectly.

Pros

• Ovi Maps GPS
  • Flash

Cons

• No physical text entry pad

Wolverine
posted on 29 Mar 2010, 20:08

Review on Nokia 5230 Nuron

I just go this phone on friday (3-26-10). This phone came out on Wednesday (3-24-10). I love this phone because of all the features the phones has. I put a 8GB micro SD card in the phone, and now I can bring my music with me whereever I go. I like using the built in FM radio, too. I love the 3.5 head jack, now I can put my own skull candy hear buds in it. I also love the lock key on the side of the phone. I can lock the phone anywhere in the phone and then come back to it. it has a 2.0 megapixel camera. It takes nice pictures, but it could be alittle bit bigger than a 2.0. It has built in GPS, I don't have internet on my phone, so I can't access the internet or the GPS but I heard the GPS is pretty good. The screen is very responsive. It has a nice on screen keyboard, alphanumeric keypad, and handwrite text. The handwrite you have to get use to. The phone has froze up once or twice but its only for a second or two. The phone has 3G network on it. Ovi store that nokia give to you is very nice, I have to have internet to be able to access it, but it is very nice that I heard of. It has visual voicemail on it, I can't access it because that needs internet. (Yes I know I need internet to do a lot of things on this phone) It has 2.0 stereo bluetooth. I use my bluetooth head set to listen to music, the wireless way. I had some trouble connecting to my friends phone through bluetooth. I think it's his phone. I love how I can download...

Pros

• Great music player... Nice FM radio... 3.5 head jack... Up to 16 GB micro SD card/ HC... Lock key... Nice pictures/ 2.0 megapixel camera... GPS... Responsive screen... On screen keyboard... 3G network... OVI store... Visual Voicemail... 2.0 Stereo Bluetooth... Themes... Smart phone... Great battery time... Micro USB...

Cons

• No wifi...