World’s new thinnest phone makes even the slim iPhone 5 look brick thick (pictures)
The first images of the BBK Vivo X3 have leaked out and the devices pictured alongside look noticeably thicker.
The X3 is the first phone to break the 6mm (0.236 inches) thickness barrier, beating the already super slim 6.18mm Ascend P6 and the 6.1mm iPod touch 5th gen.
It’s not just that - BBK takes pride in delivering great high-fidelity sound and the Vivo X3 is no exception. It will also be more expensive than your usual smartphone from China, but it should be well worth it. The Vivo X3 is expected to launch in August.
You can see the drastic difference with existing smartphones right below.
The world’s new thinnest phone, BBK Vivo X3 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Leaked screenshots reveal a possible upcoming huge Android redesign
14 Apr 2014, 03:50
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
The world’s new thinnest phone, BBK Vivo X3
1. Vivo X3 (left) vs iPhone 5 (right)
2. Vivo X3 (left) vs iPod touch 5th gen (right)
3. Vivo X3 (left) vs Ascend P6 (right)
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Huh? Am I the only one who think iPhone 5 is already look brick since the day it released? With this title, guest I'm the only one lol
4. BillyG (Posts: 304; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
thats right, you're the only one. you need to get your head checked, asap.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 9280; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Billy, Wendy's back hating apple/iPhone/iOS. Give it a few weeks, and it'll be loving apple/iPhone/iOS again.
3. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Please make it 8mm with 200% more juice.
and slightly bigger camera sensor. I would appreciate that more.
< 6mm is only useful in bragging whose phone breaks faster.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5282; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I was wondering about battery capacity as well. With 6 mm to play with, the battery can't have much mAh.
7. aditya.k (Posts: 409; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Chinese people man. You never know. They might even put a 3000mAh in that if they want to! :D
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5282; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Not with everything else that goes into a smartphone to make it a smartphone. Either it is really long/tall, wide, paper-thin chassis, or tiny battery. Since it seems to be similar to traditional smartphones in length & width, that leaves a thin chassis or tiny battery. If a titanium chassis was used, then a thinner chassis could be used and still fit a decent-sized battery, but price would be out of sight. Back to the battery capacity. 2 hour standby, with 30 minutes talk time?
10. McLTE (Posts: 620; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Do consumers really care about having the thinnest phone?
Are there surveys taken where the majority are choosing thin over battery capacity?
I don't want a thin phone. I want a phone that has the biggest possible battery in it. It's a balance between thickness and the feel of durability as well. My Note2 feels like it's about right. Thin for the size of the phone, yet has a great battery too.
19. JC557 (Posts: 702; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Usually for bragging rights or hipsters with skin tight jeans. Oddly enough the general population don't seem to bothered about capacity, only that their phone gets them through the day (can be accomplished on lower capacity).
Those of us into phones on the other hand will care greatly. Also, how would one find a grip on this thing? I had a hard time gripping the already thin 5th Gen iPod Touch and Nano with their slip prone bodies.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5639; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
LMOA looks like the IPH isn't the world's thinnest phone first the XPERIA Z Z ULTRA. now this thin phone. looks like Apple loosing it's touch too thinnest
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 9280; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude it's LMAO not LMOA, to not too, and losing not loosing. Geez gadget lol
13. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Not necessarily, but I'm having a hard time coming up with a backronym for LMOA. Licking my own...? Lucky my oats...?
16. Os_Money (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
didn't see yours before i posted..exactly. Lamas May Only Age
15. Os_Money (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
maybe he meant LMOA. Lick My Own....you get the picture ;)
17. solomonsteve (Posts: 71; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
there goes Iphonearena again. is iPod touch 5th gen a phone?? why compare it??
23. djripster (Posts: 109; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
Does anyone know what the phone on slide number 4 is ?