Windows Phone 8 will support file transfer over Bluetooth
2. Hammerfest (Posts: 348; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Windows Mobile all the way through 6.5.X could do it, but Windows Phone 7 couldn't? Android could do it?
Want to transfer files over Bluetooth (something I actually do), buy a new phone, because WP7 is just NOT CAPABLE of doing it...
Microsofts stupidity amazes me... ok, thats a lie, coming from the makers a TABLET OS (Windows 8) for a DESKTOP market! (multitasking? NOT ANYMORE BITCHES!)
5. TylerGrunter (Posts: 782; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Why no multitasking? As far as I'm aware Windows 8 is just a full windows like Windows 7. The only one that may or may not have multitasking is Windows PHONE 8. Both OS only share the kernels, not all the features.
30. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Android could do bluetooth file transfer since v1.5 (Cupcake) release on April 30, 2009. Now most common among Android users are v2.3 (Gingerbread) release on December 6, 2010.
New Android Phone should come with at least 4.03 (Ice Cream Sandwich) release on December 16, 2011.
Latest Greatest, Jelly Bean (4.1.1) with Google Now release on July 9, 2012
Hope this info is helpful to, Hammerfest.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
TAKE THAT APPLE!!! RIGHT NOW YOU ARE THE ONLY OS SHO LACK OF THESE!!!
8. thebest (Posts: 226; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
actually, ios 6 is rumored to have bluetooth file sharing, the beta 4 of ios 6 indicates that there could be bluetooth file sharing in ios 6......they might be adding some extra features to make it special, if these rumors come true then every mobile os in the world will have bluetooth file sharing.......but i think that the future lies in nfc
17. rfrapp (Posts: 76; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
the only file sharing that apple would give for iOS is sharing photos, videos, and other useless things.
20. thebest (Posts: 226; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
yes, but apple does that because they want to keep the phone safe from virus and malware, if they allow any infected file to be shared then the phone could be infected and apple's multi billion dollar review process will be of no use because the user will have downloaded infected files from the others.......but if u don't like those restrictions then you should jailbreak it.........ios will always require a jailbreak if the user wants to use it like android
9. AeroPrime (Posts: 142; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
It's a dream come true...sounds familiar right.
6. AeroPrime (Posts: 142; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Closed Source that can transfer file thru BT. This why i love WP..... you could share things socially. IT's like iPhone 10x better with android features. Anyone getting WP8 with me?
15. adityabhagat95 (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
"like iPhone 10x better with android features. Anyone getting WP8 with me?"
Seriously dude you are probably the only one loves wp 8.
wat do u get from these closed souce OSes, bunch full of bulls**t.
18. AeroPrime (Posts: 142; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
4 likes 1 dislike against ur 1 like 3 dislikes..... who is the one bulls**tting now.
21. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
you are stupid android fan.. what makes android terrible is its fans!
24. AeroPrime (Posts: 142; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Thanks Pika i dunno what's the point of these guys....... making windows phone look bad... i used to hate windows phone but i just cant hate it now LOL.
26. adityabhagat95 (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
at least i am not among the ones who bought an expensive windows phone7 devices to know that it can't run even windows phone8.
dont worry i am sure it will happen with wp8 guys as well. maybe u guys must learn to live with it.
27. AeroPrime (Posts: 142; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
What is wrong with you man... you don't even know that windows phone is not expensive.... what a typical Fandroid. Joke of the day someone said windows phone is expensive.
28. adityabhagat95 (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
joke of the millenium...android devices are more expensive than windowsphone devices.
which world do you live in?
31. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Its ok, everyone has their favorite phone OS. I use all three phone OS as i am interested in gadget.
7. Penny (Posts: 988; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
It seems like WP8 will include every feature that people were complaining wasn't there in WP7, and then some. Eager to try it out.
13. nazmi4all (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
hope they will also include it in WP 7.8 update...
16. Glim12808 (Posts: 391; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Glad to hear that Bluetooth file transfer will be present in WP8, although PictureSwap works fine in my WP7 device. Also glad that NFC and removable SD Cards will be supported in WP8.
19. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
very good news for windows phone!! android time for you to step down!!
wish you all the best WP8 and BB10!!! make the competition healthier!
23. greatGreekGeek (unregistered)
Correction: PictureSwap is not a bluetooth based app. And its not that useful anyway.