Watch all 8 Apple iPhone models battle each other in a test of speed
After all 8 models, which are labeled for quick identification, are rebooted, the test begins and the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5 are neck and neck with the Apple iPhone 5c just a little behind. For those who didn't upgrade to the new model, this little demonstration shows that the iPhone 5 is still quite a relevant machine.
The test also shows how far we've come since 2007, especially when you see the difference in loading time between the newer models and the original Apple iPhone.
source: EverythingApplePro via Reddit, Gizmodo
2. miguelmeza14 (Posts: 55; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
Is that the iPhone 5S or the 5C? Never mind it's the 5.
43. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
This battle only proves that it doesn't worth to upgrade from iPhone 5 to iPhone 5S.
Talking about iOS 7, there is another example that iOS 7 was rushed:
"Apple iOS7 is a Mess"
55. quakan (Posts: 1236; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
"iOS is a Mess" from an Android supremacy site. Sorry your source lacks credibility and has an obvious agenda which is to put down any Android competitor out. Nice try.
59. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 671; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Its coming from a site that publishes articles about Andoird doesnt mean it lacks credibility & it would only say bad about other OS. You are saying like the criminal need not be punished. But the person who reported the crime should be punished.
The article shows the flaws in ios7. The only thing to be done is improve on all the reported bugs.
Nobody has an agenda to put down ios or WP or firefox os or Ubuntu.
62. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Who cares from what site it is, since things written in the article is true facts.
3. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Butthurt Samsung fans hate comments in 3..2..1..
Choose from below:
1. They all look the same LOL WTF
2. HAHAHAHA same sh-it from beginning
3. My S4 is so much better and you are a sheep for buying iphone!!! HAHAHA but i am not a sheep for buying Samsung phone each year.. Wait hmm..
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 13307; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude u hit the nail on the head with that one. Crackheads say they aren't addicts, but heroin users are??? SMDH.
13. kozza3 (Posts: 577; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
"Crackheads say they aren't addicts, but heroin users are" what? lol
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 13307; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Wow, I can't believe you're missing the point of that.
42. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Ofcourse he's missing the point jedi, thats y he is a fanboy, unlike us who actually use all platforms and know y we like what we like!
52. darkkjedii (Posts: 13307; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said, right and exact. +10 RP. You perfectly got my point, a techie would.
47. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
16. blackice214 (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
darkjedii your on crack for this comment
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 13307; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No I'm not, read pt. 3 of his post. Also the saying pot calling the kettle black would apply.
30. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
poor addicts never realize how high they are until the priest tells them that they can't marry their iPhone.
44. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Also the saying pot calling the kettle black would apply."
In our days people are afraid to use such sayings because they may be accused as a racists...
28. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
butthurt from what? that you're guys' stuff sucks? or by the fact that you guys have a vacuum between your ears?
32. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Nobody on android/WP8 is butt hurt their just laughing their ass off at people who still buy iphones.
34. Ninetysix (Posts: 1704; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Yeah...LOL. It's so funny that other people doesn't buy the same thing as us.
Intel vs AMD
Xbox vs Playstation
Toyota vs Honda
AMD vs Nvidia
Red vs Blue
It's a laughing matter if you don't buy what I buy! LOL LOL LOL
40. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
HAHAHA dude u shut dem up real nice!
54. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
All depends on the application/user for those brands.
AMD is worse than intel right now in most cases, AMD wins prices wise.
Xbox One vs PS4, I would prefer a PC but if I must choose PS4 is the better of the two by far, better exclusives better overall specs.
Car is user preference and pricing, no car brand can be considered the best.
Graphics is price range reliant for which is better. If you had $200-$400 until the R7 series comes out your best bang for buck is a GTX 760/770. If your looking for a high end the best is the new R9-290x, for $600 it beats the titan in most situations.
Why not both colors.
I buy off which has the best bang/buck perfomance, I'm sorry but its pretty pathetic I can get a Nexus 4 for $250 that can do thousands of things an iphone can't, Nexus 5 will be $350 and beat the iphone in graphics benchmarks.
4. apple4never (Posts: 992; Member since: 08 May 2013)
lol my fam has all 8 models from the start, i should do this
5. gust3r3u (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
poor grandpa , nobody cares to upgrade him :))
23. apple4never (Posts: 992; Member since: 08 May 2013)
lol, we get one then wait 2 years get the old one for cheap then repeat, finally got one on launch
9. kozza3 (Posts: 577; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
its kinda funny to think there are 8 versions but they haven't made the 6th iPhone yet... lol
7. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
iphonearena is full of iPhone butt lickers!!
lick lick lick!!!
8. kozza3 (Posts: 577; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
would like to see this with other phone as well. EVO Galaxy Lumia
10. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I'd like to see all high end devices of companys like sony samsung etc from 2007 up until now being compared side by side!
14. amasog (Posts: 168; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
be prepared!! gullible lagdroid fanboys will flood this article with pathetic insecure comments.. haha!
29. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
be prepared! dumb, underdeveloped iSh33p have already flooded this iPhoneArena article! Be prepared for the ceremonial Apple worshipping. Scientists are stumped by how iSh33p manage to develop vacuums in their heads
33. amats69 (Posts: 1135; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Dont generalized coz im an android user and i love my ipads too and planning to get the mini 2.im not a fan of iphone because of the screen size..btw lagdroids? Oh not on my htc one!HTC One change my android experience.
51. AKumar47 (Posts: 48; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
that 2g,3g/s looks like Samsung latest smartphone to me, haha!
60. Pancholo (Posts: 378; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Your mama says you're special and that you're original. She also just sent you to bed.
15. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
just keep Galaxy Note 3 and Watch how.it Dethrones all iPhones
19. androiphone20 (Posts: 1533; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
the f**k you just say? a watch that lies idle you can't tell the time unless you push that button? a watch that can even last half a day? bitch please
41. Commentator (Posts: 2556; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I don't think he meant "Watch" to mean the Galaxy Gear. He just capitalized "watch" in its form as an imperative for some reason.
49. maccess (Posts: 633; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
i dont think he's talking about galaxy gear..
17. shy2papa (Posts: 212; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
well am still rocking my iphone 4 and i am not gonna upgrade until Apple brings in a phone with no less than a 4.5inch screen, i hope iPhone 6 dose it or the iPhone 4 will be my last apple phone.
18. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Oh and i love the fact that they kept the screen size almost constant throught the series, after all this is a phone, i still haven't gotten used to my xperia z.
24. Taters (Posts: 3653; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You picked the wrong phone. The Xperia Z is the equivalent of a 5.3 inch phone. That is how big it is and why Nokia, HTC, and Sony suck.
You want a true indicator of how big a 5 inch screen phone is check out the GS4. If you want to see how compact 4.7 inch phone can get check out the Moto X. The moto X is pretty darn close to the same size of the iphone 5s with a much bigger screen.
27. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Yeah i noticed that, but the reason that attracted me to it was its looks +its waterproof +1080p +its Sony! I'll cheak out the moto X tho. Thanks
20. Taters (Posts: 3653; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They all perform similar because a hamster running on a wheel can run a joke operating system like IOS.
The 5S stutters like a schitzo for some reason btw. The icon fly in jitter and shake and twinkle like crazy. It is very ugly and makes it seem like a Motorola Atrix or HTC Sensation with sense 4 or something.
I don't think that it is part of the parallax effect either because it still does it with reduced motion turned on.
35. amats69 (Posts: 1135; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Yeah it has stutters just like your favorite octa core s4...
36. jacko1977 (Posts: 409; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i got an octacore an yet have got to see lag
i thought ijunks dont lag oh wait they do
38. amats69 (Posts: 1135; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Lags on IOS 7 yes..but older version of ios no..
50. LG_is_the_best (unregistered)
56. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i have a 5S.
there is absolutely no lag.
you must be desperate to reach that far Taters.
57. Taters (Posts: 3653; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You probably wouldn't notice it unless you compared it to an Iphone 5 or 5C but it's there.
Anyways, you are an HTC shill so you wouldn't know any better anyways. You will say it is not there even if it is, just like you say HTC doesn't have a lemon in every box even though they do. I don't lie and if I say something it is true.
I am not sure why I still bother with you though because you are obviously clueless about just about everything.
64. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if i wouldn't notice it then why does it matter?
as usual Taters you're not making a very good point here.