Verizon new iPad can run AT&T 3G
1. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Regardless if i like apple products or not, i think thats pretty cool
2. smallcolabear (Posts: 81; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
However when you buy an ipad your not locked in at a two year contract because you have to buy the device outright which makes it month to month and you can take it on and off service whenever there is a 15 dollar charge but granted it would be nice to buy the device and if you switch carriers you can move it over but what is the point of having a 4G device that cannot run to its full capacity.
3. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
What's the point of having a device regarless of manufacturer that you can't use to it's potential?
5. smallcolabear (Posts: 81; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
That is what I am saying... If you cannot run the device at the full 4G capacity just by switching the carrier I view it as a waste of money because you buy The New iPad because it has better features and it is now 4G, but if you switch you lose that 4G just to go to a different carrier. In my mind switching is pointless because where I am located AT&T is worthless.
4. jvtran19 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I glad i stick it out with AT&T and i still got my unlimited data plan. f**k Yeah!!!
6. pbui.818 (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I hope Sprint gets the new iPad so we can see whether this works jumping between the CDMA carriers as well
7. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
no the 3g will not switch between cdma carriers… the only reason it does for att is because lte forces the device to have a sim card.. and therefor att sim card works in the verizon model.. i assume the att sim card would work in a sprint model as well