Verizon Motorola Luge is nothing but a rebranded DROID RAZR M
1. AfterShock (Posts: 3005; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Umm, Seems like a hoodwinking of their customers.
Bad carrier, bad.
2. Metropolis75 (Posts: 21; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Is it really hoodwinking? Its a pay as you go phone.
3. AfterShock (Posts: 3005; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Yeah, you got me there.
The price point I guess makes it a bit easier to digest I guess.
Still seems underhanded to me in a way.
15. Humphrey.One (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
$149 off-contract sounds great. I was considering buying a refurbished razr m from China for around $120. I like the compact size and screen to body ratio as well as design, only disadvantage was the outdated system.
Now just $29 for being new, gorilla glass 3, better selfie camera and KitKat sounds very fine.
5. xtroid2k (Posts: 469; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
It's so funny how the carrier which started this movement is now disliked by so many.
6. gregoryyy3 (Posts: 190; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
I work at Verizon and it's pretty sad seeing them trying to sell the razr m again even if it is rebranded. That probably our most complained about phone.
7. ptikjp (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Aug 2014)
What complaints did you get about the M? THis phone was one of the reasons Motorola was top in customer satsifaction two years ago ... Everyone i know that has it loves it (both Razr I form which is a little better; and Razr M). Compact; powerful; nice screen, reception; decent battery ... good sound. Form factor was killer. Its a great phone.
12. JC557 (Posts: 1165; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
There are some signal strength and connectivity issues making their way around the various forums. After the KitKat update I did experience some data problems and a weaker signal overall. I'm hoping that a software fix is in the pipeline.
16. gregoryyy3 (Posts: 190; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
Screen going out, horrible camera quality, etc.. I'm guessing you may have had 2 friends with this phone and they didn't have problems but last time I checked you don't have to hear about it from multiple people each day. Do research it has horrible reviews
8. PorkyBurger (Posts: 258; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I can't find any Motorola DROID RAZR phone in Canada at all! Only Moto X and Moto G is available for carriers, but my eyes are on DROID RAZR, because they look so sexy.... :(
11. JC557 (Posts: 1165; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
It is quite a nice looking small phone. I have the Droid Razr M as a... tertiary backup I guess (behind the Moto X with my One M8 being primary phone).
It would've been better if Motorola rehashed the Droid Mini instead of the Droid Razr M except give it a 720p AMOLED instead of the super bright LCD display (which tends to wash things out) and a matte plastic body instead of the glossy mess it originally came with. The camera and battery life is quite good for both phones though.
The $150 USD price tag off contract is pretty decent I guess but could be better.
14. canucker78 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 May 2014)
We got the Motorola V which is the same phone but with with an Ti cpu and was locked to 4.0
Its a super nice phone in bulid quality but it needs the cpu and version bump.
9. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
As long as Motorola at some point releases that monster 6" plus phablet that they were talking about months back, that's all I care about. Nothing else.
10. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 802; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Even if this is true, this phone is still one of the best phones at that price
13. jorbrandt (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
This sounds nice. Not sure if I should go towards this phone, or the next Moto G (hopefully Verizon releases).. or the iPhone (I have a 4s now).