Two Samsung Galaxy S5 variants possibly leaked by Amazon, Unpacked trailer released
If the images do indeed show the new Galaxy S5, the handset appears to feature a dual LED flash below its rear camera. We can see a purported S5 (called Galaxy S5 Prime?) that doesn’t have a hardware button, and another model, slightly smaller, which keeps the traditional Samsung home button at the bottom. Of course, we can’t know for sure that these are Samsung’s two alleged S5 variants, but they might hint at what's coming. Check out the images for yourself in the slideshow below and let us know if you think they're genuine or not.
Possible Samsung Galaxy S5 variants
Meanwhile, Samsung released an Unpacked trailer which doesn’t surprise us. The trailer suggests that “the next Galaxy” should be a perfect companion for your life, at any time, including outdoor and “wet” moments. As we already told you, the new Galaxy S5 will be officially announced on February 24 at MWC 2014 in Barcelona. That’s only three days away!
sources: Amazon via MovePlayer, Samsung
19. rd_nest (Posts: 769; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
That's a case leak!
No guarantee for anything at all.
99. techaman (unregistered)
its speaker holes on back
22. neops (Posts: 202; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Design adds to thishttp://tinyurl.com/ndzvtl5.
Looks true. And beautifull
23. neops (Posts: 202; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
105. gamblor77 (Posts: 72; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I hope to hell Spigen's design is based on that rumoured prototype and it's not the real design. If they put out that same design for a 3rd Gen people are going to get bored and annoyed... Myself included, and I have have had every Galaxy phone except the S4. I'm on the Note 3 now but it's a little too big to be practical for me so I'm looking to the S5 for rescue. Samsung likes to copy things that work but I sure hope they don't try to copy Apple's sh*tty business model of putting out the same phone for 7 years in a row and trying to milk customers or I'll be taking a serious look at the Xperia and new HTC One.
28. xfire99 (Posts: 532; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
No. its S4 Active and just look at physical buttons at bottom.
46. _Bone_ (Posts: 2131; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Indeed looks like the S4 Active, but could be the S5 Active too...
49. givemespecs (unregistered)
Or Selfie 0:19?
91. skymitch89 (Posts: 1072; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Actually, if you cared to pause the video and look, that is an actual camera, not a phone. It's too narrow to be a GS5, but there's a chance it could be a "GS5 Zoom". Also, there's a lanyard around the guys hand, I don't know many people that put those on their phones anymore.
56. geordie8t1 (Posts: 107; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
i was thinking the same, but its very hard to tell, it is clearly a samsung, but other then that, all i can see is 1 hardware button at the bottom on the phone on the right, it actually looks like its been superimposed into the shot, as i'm not sure what that casing is around the right hand phone, looks a little odd, but maybe thats just the way it was shot.
either way i cant wait to see how much it has improved, i hope they have learnt some lessons, they need to really bring a market leading phone, with all the bells and whistles not just software, im most interested to see what the camera is like in low light, would also really love a micro usb 3.0 port as is on the note 3, 2 more days till im put out of my misery of waiting lol.
98. techaman (unregistered)
stupid samsung put the speakers on the back again the one main thing no one wanted.
2. zachattack (Posts: 573; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Hope they got rid of the ugly physical button
20. wiiandds (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
why do people always say that, i like have a physical button
84. dratomic (Posts: 463; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
actually worldwide sales figures of samsung galaxies show most people like that button. cause theyre the only major brand that has chosen not to the on screen way. its just a geeky internet based assumption that everybody doesnt like home button.
86. deathgod (Posts: 120; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Not necessarily. They've never offered a version of their main Galaxy line (S,S2,S3, etc) without a physical home button afaik, so most buyers wouldn't have ever experienced onscreen buttons.
88. DnB925Art (Posts: 284; Member since: 23 May 2013)
US original S versions (ie Epic 4G, Vibrant, Captivate, Fascinate) had no hardware home button, just capacitive buttons.
100. techaman (unregistered)
s2 does not have it.my co worker has s2 i have s3 other has note 3
83. dratomic (Posts: 463; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
i buy galaxies because of that home button!!
85. igorb81 (Posts: 29; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Totally disagree... this is one of my main features of the phone. I don't have to worry about power button since it's a lot easier to press home button to turn on the phone. I will only use a phone that has a physical home button. After S3 I have been very used to it and I hope they will continue. Tablets on another hand don't need one but it's not a deal breaker for me.
3. Finalflash (Posts: 1794; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
That's no good, there seems to be no design improvement and a physical home button is there... Was hoping to get it if it was onscreen keys but now I'm disappointed again...
10. tech2 (Posts: 2131; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
You're disappointed because you're too lazy to read the article or even browse through those images. There are 2 variants one with and the other one without a physical button.
Plus its a 3d render and you can't even see the back ! How did you just assume there are no design improvements. Go troll someone else.
50. givemespecs (unregistered)
Sorry pal, but would you be happy with those bezels? In no way can that be the S5
72. Dattack (Posts: 14; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
What if there is a fingerprint scanner under the screen?
25. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5553; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
People will get boring of Samsung's design if they don't change it, so millions of people do care about that.
Even if the S5 will sell millions, who cares? You buy a phone because of the sales it get? That ain't a consumer, that's a attention seeker.
39. world (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
The design will definitely change! This just a 3d render. Wait till Monday and you'll see.
And as a fan of Samsung galaxy phone, If the design doesn't change I'll still buy it anyway. It's called loyalty not attention seeking!
106. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2273; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Your statement makes no sense. An attention seeker wouldn't get the same phone everyone else has. How would that draw any attention to your phone? Someone seeking attention would be better off getting something no one has.
36. Aploine (Posts: 192; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
AT LAST no physical button! Does it have the fingerprint scanner?
9. Diego! (Posts: 507; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
It doesn't departure much from S4, according to these pics, doesn't it? I hope we see something completely different next Monday!
45. Amir1 (Posts: 267; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
you won't. same crap cheap ugly design and surely also newer bloated touchwiz. all the bad things about samsung will stay. this is obviously the final design. yawn.
87. christophersalse (Posts: 98; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Go back to your little samsung hater club.
44. Aploine (Posts: 192; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Has something good. You will have the option to adjust a million different backs
90. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1606; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Same with the iPhone, yet it still sells millions...go figure
6. Diego! (Posts: 507; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
If these pics are for real, I don't get much of the Design 3.0 that Samsung was supposed to employ for GalaxyS5 and on... I guess we will just have to wait until Monday! :P
11. tech2 (Posts: 2131; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Not many successful line-ups' design are changed that very often. Whether its HTC's One, iPhone or even Lumias.
But its only a 3d render which doesn't show any sensors on front or give any clue of materials. Also the back isn't visible.
35. Diego! (Posts: 507; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Agreed. But Samsung said they would be changing its designs for 2014. I hope they do it with S5. We need a fresh and newer design in cellphones.
7. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
again same design... too bad I was planning to buy it ...
13. babalove (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
I hate onscreen buttons they are a waste of space
15. ifti313 (Posts: 16; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
in the teaser trailer...outdoor^5...is that a galaxy s5 the holding? might be:P
17. Väliaikainen (unregistered)
Heck thats ugly! The case makes it look okay, but I'm sure it's something ugly that's beneath that case...
18. Gulliver (Posts: 14; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
What we see on the rendered image:
(No physical button -> Posible) + (No ear speaker -> Impossible) = this is not the actual S5 face.
29. Florin.T (Posts: 114; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
That's a valid point, but: if you take an Xperia Z1 render and put a case on it, you probably would not see the speaker grill. Since the S5 is expected to be waterproof, maybe they made the speaker small and somewhat hidden - like Sony did on the Z1. I'm not saying these are indeed S5 renders, but the non-visible speaker shouldn't rule out their authenticity.
37. Gulliver (Posts: 14; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
Fair point but I don't think this is the case here. Moreover I hope this is not the case. Well said in post 13. @babalove "I hate onscreen buttons they are a waste of space"
38. NightFelix (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
I think the ear grill would be looks like the Nexus 5 and come with on screen button.
21. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5553; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Let's hope for a different design, different feeling and different experience of the next Galaxy.
30. xfire99 (Posts: 532; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
The whole Samsung logo is missing in front and doubt its S5.