Tweet from Nokia makes fun of Sony's new Lens-Style Cameras
Nokia might have just been sold to Microsoft, but that deal won't close for some time. So Nokia decided to sent out a tweet making fun of the Lens-Style Camera showing a lens taped to the camera on the Nokia Lumia 1020. "The perfect match?," asks the tweet.
Considering that Microsoft has been showing off its funny bone as has Nokia in a number of new ads, when those two firms unite after the acquisition closes, imagine what kind of funny stuff we might see then!
18. cdgm2509 (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
And apparently they are running out of jokes, because they used the same picture to make fun of the Galaxy S4 Zoom.
29. 14545 (Posts: 1290; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I don't even see how it's funny. I mean I'm actually considering buying the 100. It's basically a DSLR quality camera without the bulk. and screen. Plus you can set it up and take pictures remotely, how is that not cool? I just hope sony opens up the manual mode that is locked, as that would be the only killer.
34. cdgm2509 (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I'm actually considering to get $1500 by the end of they year to buy that combo.
41. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
It is not DLSR Quality it is the quality of your average point and shoot.
65. rd_nest (Posts: 1377; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
DSLR quality? do you even know what is DSLR quality? A typical DSLR has more than 6x the sensor size of a lumia 1020.
68. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Just like with the 4K video abilities of phones. There's no need for Red Epic now...
76. moroninc (Posts: 193; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
Make jokes all you want, You just got Owned son! Nokia is no longer a smartphone brand. Elop just Eloped** you all the way to China town.
** words have been changed for PG13 audience
40. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
I could laugh about the picture if I didn't know why Nokia is tweeting stuff like that or the KitKat joke yesterday. Nokia (or the brand Nokia) is fighting for pure survival in these days. And this way, they want to send out a sign of life. The main message is: Don't forget us when looking at all these new devices that aren't from us. Very sad actually.
46. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
77. moroninc (Posts: 193; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
so true, its like the last struggle of someone who is about to put to death
51. taikucing (unregistered)
hahaha... desperate Nokia
2. Topcat488 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Nokia is no more... Or is "Nokrosoft", showing off and becoming a bully.
50. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
36. shy2papa (Posts: 244; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
The funny thing is the sony xperia Z1 will out sell the entire Nokia line up.
70. lovefist (unregistered)
it's not a dream.. it's a reality.
80. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Lol, you're right !!
6. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
after SONY made fun of Microsoft on sharing games on playstation i think microsoft didn't find a way to get payback so they ordered Nokrosoft to do this. it is funny but not as funny as what sony made in their video :D
check it out here: watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
8. cripton805 (Posts: 1209; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Yeah, but whos selling and whos selling out?
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
So the mock campaign lead Nokia to... Microsoft for peanuts, well done haha.
11. adjou (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
Maybe Nokia felt left out, because the camera lens dont support wp8? :D
66. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
errr. yeah an idiot would add this lens on lumia phones except for rest of OEMs which are non existant
12. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 216; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
I dont think this is Nokia. The style is more like Microsoft's.
19. lalalaman (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
This was sent to nokia by fans when galaxy camera came....its old photo.....besides it is 920 , not 1020
Bt still it did the trolling thing well...:)
38. jiezel91 (Posts: 67; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
This bully attitude is more like the Microsoft virus gaining control inside Nokia.
We all knew the real Nokia (that was before the Elopocalype). Nokia is gentle to its competitors. They never mocked competitors.There is a reason why Microsoft is dubbed as "The Evil Empire".
And yes, I hate Microsoft more than ever for destroying and swallowing my most-favorite phone brand.
If Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia pushes through, then I am turning to Sony.
After all, Sony is the closest thing to Nokia on Android.
13. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Man, I remember when they used that picture to make fun of the Samsung Galaxy Zoom the first time.
14. Navaid (Posts: 46; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
Earlier at Samsung then at them, Go home Nokia you are drunk. :@
16. GeekMovement (Posts: 2108; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Nokia is totally jealous of Samsung and Sony. Lol! Pity them. Still looking forward to the Lumia 1520 even though I probably won't get it (most likely not coming to Sprint anyway).
21. Kishin (Posts: 703; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Nokia still here the contract is 30 months 2 years and 6 months
Then they can do whatever they like after that.
22. rd_nest (Posts: 1377; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
A phone without youtube app shouldn't be allowed to talk about other phones.
Nokia is a like a grumpy old man, who thinks that it's still relevant. The reality is that young men are ruling now, and they don't even bother about him. The old guy keeps shouting, and the young guys simply keep doing their work.
So many times Nokia has tried to malign Apple/Samsung/Sony. But they don't even bother to reply Nokia. They know there is no point fighting a dead man.
26. lalalaman (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
There r better youtube apps on wp then android or iphone...with more features....also it was google who was blocking youtube app (It had downloading and skipping ad capabilities)
*funny old man
This is only business competition...though I also find it funny tht nokia is an old man with infant software:D
47. gazmatic (Posts: 776; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
There are at least fifteen YouTube apps on windows phone
if you say third party don't count then Android doesn't have one million apps because at least 700000 of are third party
23. GTR722 (Posts: 256; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Too bad M$......play all you want but the truth is that Sony is killing you in the mobile phones division....and of course in the gaming too.
24. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
We can always count on Nokia to make a phone that doesn't waste space and has a nice camera that doesn't bulge out, right guys?
69. willard12 (Posts: 1339; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
No, because in a few months, there won't be any new nokia smartphones.
25. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Basically, what Nokia does regarding its Ads in nothing new.
In corporate culture having number of competitors, the one entity who fails to capture substantive market share, maintain confidence in stake holders, study ever changing consumers' behaviour and produce rapid techno- changing items for consumers can only try to practice whats called "Pointing fingers at Others".
Since Nokia is a failure and we all have witnessed history, ie, decline of Nokia, it is now only making other competitors look less innovations and short of ideas.
Whatever time has left for Nokia to live, it will keep on making unprofessional comments/statements to others till it is acquired!
33. lalalaman (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Tht rite bt I still couldnt believe....thy r making phone since 25 yrs and they wr best at it....got sold by those who wr reason of their decline
I think the new team of nokia was lackin decision making skills...using bad os killed them....they wr still making pretty awesome hardware....I know ppl will still buy if android....imagine 1020 or 1520 with android
Nokia would have been no 2 if not no1 in android oem....
71. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
If 1020 or 1520 were to come with Android, then I would have gone for it.
You see, how Stephen Elop responded to various Android manufacturers in an unprofessional way! He always thought Android system is a let down and every android is same. It is his this rigid thought which has let down Nokia.
Not only that, Finland is mourning downfall of Nokia what is used to be their country's icon!
Stephen Elop is the worst leader I've ever seen in the world of techonology, same can be said, may be, for Steve Ballmer!
82. EMOLOve1511 (Posts: 15; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
android is a resource pig and it always has been, it has the highest spec phones not because it makes it go faster but because it needs it to still perform sub par to iOS and WP7/8 in terms of fluidity. The Source has been streamlined incredibly well, they ported it to the NT kernel so it supports newer better hardware and a easier to use instruction set for application development. Windows Phone requires fewer resources than iOS while still being able to deliver the same high end user experience, the only thing it lacks as a platform is massive scale of applications available in its respective marketplace. Which at a point In the past (since you know Apple has what 6 year lead at this point on that niche)
27. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Why Damain Dining left Nokia? There's only one reason. He got a BETTER OPPORTUNITY and he MOVED ON! He could have stayed and worked harder for Nokia, but he knew all his efforts would fail. Thats why he moved AWAY FROM NOKIA and joined Jaguar( I beleive).
31. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
He left because they wanted him to leave his family in england and move to another country. And it was range rover.
72. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
We'll this family emotions can't be the reason why he left. Its only because he got A BETTER OPPORTUNITY and moved FORWARD!
30. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Seems that Nokia feel butthurt. :D
32. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
And this Lents will sell bigger volumes than the 1020.... xD
53. taikucing (unregistered)
hahahaha.... butthurt Nokia can only do a black campaign.
35. volcano (Posts: 284; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
in another word noobs at sony can't be creative to create a camera for a smartphone
its freaking smartphone with high quality camera not a standard camera
37. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1868; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
haha! i believe SONY can still cramp 20 more pixels on z1 and still make a slim phone,nokia makes BRICKS..FOR THE YELLOW BRICKROAD
48. gazmatic (Posts: 776; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Funny because the z1 is heavier than the Lumia
52. taikucing (unregistered)
yeah, the glass & aluminium chassis on the Z1 is heavier than stupid plastic brick hahahaha
86. EMOLOve1511 (Posts: 15; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Shame On SONY Mobile. Btw i LIke Alpha and NEX series camera.Lack OIS in camera ,how it could be. Sammy HTC and LG siblings are included OIS on their handset.
39. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
One ad is funny and/or creative. Two ads are questionable. Now Nokia has crossed over into bitter and jealous territory. Until they get their sales up and respectable, they should just focus on their own handsets and let the quality speak for itself.
42. pwnarena (Posts: 1122; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
wrong move nokia. most sony fans will be in your favor if you get pitted against the likes of samsung and apple. now, you've just alienated them. sony fans even respect your 1020 and 808 devices.