This wild Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge concept dreams of a phone with a triple curve, microSD card slot
32. ibend (Posts: 4577; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
to make it look weird..
that concept maker guy just ruined S6 edge design
4. Yousefjaber (Posts: 53; Member since: 24 Nov 2015)
I prefer the current design more
6. keithtae (Posts: 434; Member since: 25 Mar 2015)
Thats impossible. Especially doing that for gorilla glass 4 is harder than picking stars from the sky. Also, it's not realistic and I can already tell it's not comfortable to hold. Please stick back to the s6 edge design please. I want the s6 edge design of s7 please.
21. james2841 (Posts: 167; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
in order to curve an AMOLED screen like that, it would require reverting to gorilla glass 3. but it is entirely possible (although impractical and useless). the main problem would be the cost of making it. it is easy to bend an AMOLED screen though, and the screen can even twist, roll, etc...
22. joeytaylor (Posts: 443; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
What about the rumor that they are using turtle glass or something
8. benno (Posts: 94; Member since: 17 Apr 2015)
That looks stupid. But imo the current one is horrible too.
Its sharp and uncomfortable and serves no use.
The regular S6 is ok, just get rid of the damn glass back.
9. johanbiff (Posts: 400; Member since: 31 Mar 2015)
looks wierd..don`t know if I like it or not.
10. Adimane01 (Posts: 20; Member since: 11 Jan 2016)
Basically that third wasn't of any need it would have been sweet if it was on top
And vanilla android shown instead of touchwiz on the concept is many guys dream out there
11. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 136; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
The design looks so stupid and carrying a phone with curved bottom might slip in hands.
12. james2841 (Posts: 167; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
it should be changed so the screen loops around the left and right sides and touches the back. but the parts on the far left and right sides would have touch rejection.
14. techhahn (Posts: 14; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
Useless bottom edge, plus it will be hard for one handed use.
19. Diezparda (Posts: 871; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Look like alien tech, so radical (compared to S6 edge) & not so functional.
24. sissy246 (Posts: 994; Member since: 04 Mar 2015)
I am a Samsung Galaxy fan, have a note 5 .This thing is so ugly, no way would I buy that. I would for sure move over to LG if Samsung Galaxys looked like that.
39. MarinoVladimir (Posts: 41; Member since: 04 Aug 2014)
Or just stay on the S6 Edge+, why need to move?
25. donfem (Posts: 646; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
There is a reason for it being "futuristic".
33. ibend (Posts: 4577; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
there is a reason most of concept car never get mass produced.. because its impractical or just useless
26. janis (Posts: 322; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
they need to add sd card, s6 edge is already perfect, really no complains after using it for 3-4 months.
28. hortizano (Posts: 292; Member since: 22 May 2013)
Yep, the bottom curve is just too much... Cool, but not a fan.
30. shinnsd (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 May 2015)
Sometimes I think these CONCEPT renders are really meaningless. They are great pieces of drawings, but the artist himself/herself lacks some basic understanding of technology. Therefore most of these concept phones are impossible to be made, at least using the current technology. You are free to imagine all you want, just don't lable it as the current generation.
34. ibend (Posts: 4577; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
they just have TOO MUCH freetime, hope they get jobs or do something more meaningfull for their life -_-
31. ameran (Posts: 282; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
Who ever did this, should stop doing any further concepts, because he/she has no clue about designing.
37. Eurethya (Posts: 18; Member since: 18 Sep 2015)
I could imagine how hard it is to keep the phone steady in one hand with curved bottom
40. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
A very good idea, but he made it look ugly. I wonder if OEM's ever look online and see user concepts for ideas?
This would be a good idea. The sdcard at the bottom is a nice touch. But would need to be a covered slot though. a SIM-like tray would be the best.
But it is a good design idea. tri-curved display.