Internal Sony render of the Xperia Z4?
This may just be the Xperia Z4: New, massive leak reveals tens of thousands of internal Sony docs
1. amansingal14 (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
For those asking for design/UI change. The competition for this year now seems to be S6, iPhone 7, and surprisingly Sony Z4. That seems nice.
Only thing left in my opinion - better camera algorithm.
4. MINDoSOUL (Posts: 114; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
You forgot the note 5. Regarding Sony i am afraid no matter how good it is as long they are using the snapdragon 810 it's out of my consideration.
8. amansingal14 (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Note 5 also carries great expectations, my bad forgetting it.
12. shaineql (Posts: 343; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Im waiting for note 5 , people may bash its upcoming UHD resolution with 760ppi+ , but id rather have a mfckin monster in my hands for the 800euros than have CTR 'retina' resolution for the same price.
53. j2001m (Posts: 2755; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Oled does nothing to the battery, I.e. The s6 QHD uses less battery then the s5 screen
This is due to the pixes get turned on when needed
But lcd at hi res needs a bigger back light or it's a low back light like the g3
86. andrewc31394 (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
the pixels are always on when the screen is....smh
90. Pogma (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Apr 2015)
The battery will be 15 000mha to accommodate all those silly pixels.
89. Pogma (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Apr 2015)
The resolution is idiotic, it's a marketing gimmick.
72. techperson211 (Posts: 1163; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Nice design will wait after 2016 to replace my Z2.
88. techperson211 (Posts: 1163; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
@JKauzer I'm really tempted to buy Z3c but my Z2 is awesome same as z3c. I'm gonna wait for Z4 for me this will be the make or break smartphone for Sony. The finger print on the power button should be the correct place for that feature and I'm waiting for for their improvements on the camera algorithms.
91. JKauzer (Posts: 32; Member since: 10 Jan 2015)
Me too. I would have bought Z2 instead of Z3C. Z2 is great. And yes Sony has to stabilize the camera. Anyways, I am looking forward to Z4.
87. sgodsell (Posts: 3055; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I hope the rumors of the finger print scanner on the side of the phone come true. That would be awesome.
6. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1506; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I would wait for the LG G4 before saying that, it may still be in the run. But I must agree the HTC M9 doesn't seems to be on the competition of flagship of the year.
But if that render becomes real it will be a dream.
14. amansingal14 (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
G4 is rumoured to be using S808, which has lower power than 810, though dissipates heat in a much better way. But comparing it to exynos in the Samsung and the thin UI on Sony devices (which are the basic reason as to why they generally perform so good), I think G4 might be outpaced in the race of top 3 smartphones this year, non-phablet category.
46. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1506; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
And let's not forget that those are just rummors...
That's why I will wait and see how much truth is behind them.
43. kabiluddin (Posts: 171; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
This is the Most beautiful looking phone I ever seen. I hope its real.
23. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Why renders always show very beautiful devices but in reality they turned out as bit ugly in comparison to a render. This shows fanticy is beautiful than the reality
36. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1368; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Same applies with promotional photography of cars etc. As a smart marketing person you showcase the item from its sexiest angle when in reality its a mediocre designed product. Most of the phones cars etc look amazing in promotional renders but in reality its not as great.
66. Sealblaighter (Posts: 200; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
BMW's are looking very good in reality too. :D
24. oister85 (Posts: 470; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
¿Surprisingly sony z4, sony always been a top designer.
29. Simona (unregistered)
It is nice? That UGLY thick phone.. eewww
And those horrible thick bezels..uff
37. Rhinoface (Posts: 176; Member since: 05 Dec 2014)
Agree entirely, the Z3 looks much nicer.
42. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Hope Sony start a new trend of making thicker phones (~9.5mm) with battery capacities of near 4500mAh.
64. ahfoun (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
That was a great idea, brilliant, put aside the thickness factor, maybe like you said, 9.5mm maybe will be good and provide a large battery capacities that last for two days maybe, and other flagships will be totally screwed, hope sony will do that for the sake of batteries
51. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Looks stunning this may well get the design award of the year.. This from Samsung fan...
58. sunjay140 (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Mar 2015)
The Z3 got design award for this year :)
69. rubyonrails3 (Posts: 238; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
I guess you meant Design not UI, yes S6 have great design this year, but not UI, it stills Sense UI which is ahead in simplicity and beauty.
79. ozbolt (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Nov 2014)
Xperia blog posted new leaked pics of Z4 much better than this !
80. maestri (Posts: 24; Member since: 15 Dec 2014)
Yeah I sa it. If Sony is going to stick to that design, then Z4 will be the hottest phone of 2015 for sure. People should check out Xperia blog.
82. JKauzer (Posts: 32; Member since: 10 Jan 2015)
I saw that too. looks fantastic. Sony is changing
2. Pinocchio (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 14 Apr 2015)
I don't know why every Android makers earn profit while Sony keeps posting loss? Japanese companies are likely to be edged out by the Korean and Chinese.
39. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1368; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
HTC has been in decline for years, They barely made peasants money profit last quarter. Sony isnt the only one, HTC is right there and I am afraid if they keep producing good phones but not amazing they will end up being part of history and not future.
3. mokhtar (Posts: 402; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
it looks like a phone from future .. DAMN SONY
5. Pinocchio (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 14 Apr 2015)
More like a concept phone, far from reality, IMO.
11. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Exactly, the M9 concepts come to mind.... nothing like what was delivered.
16. Pinocchio (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 14 Apr 2015)
Well, according to previous leak, it's quite different from this one. I'm not a hater, but if you see all the pictures, you will realize that all of those aren't the same design. #3 and #4 aren't anything related to the #1. See for yourself!
15. maherk (Posts: 3351; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Indeed. This thing looks gorgeous, everything about it screams perfection. Seems that Sony was trolling us with the previous leaks and that they are really looking to dethrone HTC and LG as the number one rival to Samsung in the android market.
10. Chris.P (Posts: 520; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
While I definitely have my reservations, I'd venture a guess that WikiLeaks wouldn't go to the trouble of manufacturing fakes, especially considering how it's mostly concerned with government secrets. This particular leak is just a side bonus.
I'm still digging through the massive database, and while I've come across numerous mentions of these very files, I haven't yet located them personally (thus the hat tip to Esato).
9. vuyonc (Posts: 983; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
They look a little more like really good fan renders. Hopefully, Sony makes a jump in design as big as this :). Also hoping they put out a curved camera sensor (front and rear facing) with better ISPs and mature software! It's either this or the Galaxy Note 5. Bring it on!
17. TheGunnyPT (Posts: 252; Member since: 12 Feb 2015)
Big leak right there, if it's real.
We already had a leak revealing that will they use Z4's for their marketing campaign in upcoming movies too.
I love the new UI, totally different from anything they have done in the past.
It comes down to Z4 vs G4, in my opinion Snapdragon 808 vs 810. Plus, if the phone is metal based... We know how that story went with the M9 and the 810...
Taking it as a grain of salt though.
18. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Holy cow that looks very beautiful. A better camera algorithm & a very good SoC (not SD810) will make this phone perfect.
21. tarek1980 (Posts: 277; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I was waiting for LG G4, but since Sony will leave the glass body & use metal or even plastic, then I will wait for the Sony Z4
So for me it is LG G4 vs Sony Z4
22. kkmkk (Posts: 447; Member since: 06 May 2013)
so fake to be honest >>> i really wish it is true but be realistic please
26. kobainez (Posts: 426; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's a real concept from sony of course it would be true. Not just some fanboy render
25. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
This phone esp that UI looks so futuristic and screaming away from what is Android but if this is real, then this can be the phone that will veer me away from the Note line haha the S6 edge is so hot but because it's Samsung, I know that the future of Note line will also be like the s6 and the s6 edge (Im still unsure if I can fully accept nonremovable or no mem card)
30. quintessential (Posts: 61; Member since: 11 Mar 2015)
This is definitely one of the stupidest leaks I've ever come across. The concept designs are just so BAD here, they completely detract from the original Sony's signature definitions that embody their smartphones.
I think they resemble more like what Pantech and Huawei can come up with on their drawing boards. I can easily slap a Pantech or Huawei logo on that design but no way is this from Sony. The Japanese are known for quality designs. This Z4 design is definitely not real for sure. LMAO.
31. danielxxi (Posts: 183; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
I still remember leaks no. 4 & 5 was leaks from James Bond Spectre, and it was leaked Xperia Z4 (or Xperia Z3 Neo) shiny metal, so I hope this leaks are true
32. Commandant (Posts: 30; Member since: 31 Jan 2015)
these are nothing but pure imagination
don't waste your time on these
real products are most of the times BIG disappointments in comparison to the renders.