This is what BBM for Windows Phone will look like
Images from the Windows Phone version of BBM were revealed by BlackBerry on Thursday. Right off the bat you can tell that the messaging app will be using the Windows Phone UI, instead of the BlackBerry 10 UI used on the Android and iOS variants of the app.
The Windows Phone version of the BBM app originally is limited to chats, contacts and feeds. Over the next few months, other features like BBM Voice, Channels and Location Sharing with Glympse will be added to the app via updates.
source: BlackBerryBeta via BerryReview
1. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 896; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I really hate the WP oversize font.
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2071; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Not just the font size, the whole UI is a mess. Different size fonts, a little tiny hamburger patty menu, icons that are hard to understand, etc.
Part of this is due to BB, but WP is basically a POS to design for.
17. Cyberchum (Posts: 248; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
So they should have designed it with same font size for all the elements like header, contact and conversation texts? You'll make a good design.
Simple exudes flair.
25. meanestgenius (Posts: 720; Member since: 28 May 2014)
BlackBerry designs the BBM app for other platforms specifically the way the platform owner wants it. They work closely with the design team of said platform. How BBM looks on platforms other than BlackBerry's has nothing to do with BlackBerry.
13. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 356; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Are you really attacking someone for having a different opinion to you?
15. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2271; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
No. My fingers just slipped on the wrong keys.
19. Liveitup (Posts: 903; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
You need glasses, Android and iOS copies WP UI, I'm sure they want to steal the larger fonts but hey if they did that they more or less would be a dead knockoff of WP. You enjoy your imitation product, WP is flattered.
21. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 896; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I really need glasses, because I think android is NOT stealing the WP UI, instead, Microsoft bring the WP UI to android.
24. sbw44 (Posts: 367; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I really hate the icons on android. It's so 1999! Seriously my computer for 10 years back also had icons plus all my phone 10 years back!
26. SamDroid (Posts: 114; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
My computer also has icons. And it was manufactured in 2014. Whats your point?
And thus, by the power vested in me by the Anti Troll Society, I hereby render your comment as invalid. Court adjourned. Please have a nice weekend :)
2. AfterShock (Posts: 2165; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Wonder why BB is dragging its feet adding the extra features?
7. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1719; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Why should it? Then what's the point of even having it? Why not just slap a custom Microsoft UI on top of Android?
14. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 356; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Because the one on Android looks like the one on BlackBerry.
9. hohogaga (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Jun 2014)
I want the boy in the picture. Not the app !
10. a_tumiwa (Posts: 221; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
so many junk BBM apps on the Windows Phone Store, need to clean the junk file
22. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 896; Member since: 29 May 2014)
You write: "so many junk BBM apps on the Windows Phone Store, need to clean the junk file"
I read: "so many junk IN BB apps market, need to clean the junk file"
23. meanestgenius (Posts: 720; Member since: 28 May 2014)
And I see a troll doing what he does best: TROLLING.
Try and stay ON-TOPIC for once and leave your insignificant personal views out of the conversation.
12. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 194; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
It's awesome how WP always gets its official apps customized to be Metro (never using "Modern")
27. SamDroid (Posts: 114; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
I don't about you but to me it kinda makes it boring how the apps look almost the same. I don't use WP though, I just see my brother use it. Anyways if the WP users like it then no need for me to complain...
20. Aboodbanafa (Posts: 18; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
I don't really care how it'll look like , I care about the release date