The new HTC Sense interface: what's so new about it?
The new HTC Sense interface Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
Some Android tips and tricks you should know
06 Jun 2013, 06:49
New iOS 7 design leaks ahead of WWDC, depicting big changes in iconography
10 Jun 2013, 04:15
Images of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 leak
09 Jun 2013, 17:00
1. InspectorGadget80 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:07 22
It looks very damn good. and better than the iOS in my opinion. my favorite part is the TV IV blast feature
21. lyndon420 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 18:23 2
Don't get live tiles confused with widgets. Anyone can draw a square, color it in with your kids crayons and call it a live tile.
14. RiseAgainst94 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:58 7
Better than iOS, but not better than Jelly Bean. I'm a WP user and I think HTC's may even look more appealing than WP8.
18. AnTuTu posted on 19 Feb 2013, 14:24 5
It is a very good smartphone with all these features. Now have to wait for S IV and then I"ll pick one between these 2 :)
5. SleepingOz posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:20 5
You can always use third party widgets for a more "Android-like" experience.
Most users will switch to Nova or Apex anyway.
10. _Bone_ posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:38 9
It's a lot more graphic than W8. I always wanted a home screen like that and the rest of the SW seems seamless too. Impressed!
3. htc_prep posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:15 5
i do like the idea behind it. the only question is how will the refreshes affect battery drain?
and i read that the Original Sense clock is an option in the widget options.
before people complain they dont like it or looks like WP8... you can disable it.
12. pwnarena posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:50 3
even live wallpapers kill a good amount of battery juice. what more with all these interactivity? they should offer an option to turn them off.
23. Baseballer posted on 19 Feb 2013, 21:43 0
I read somewhere that they'll have that option to turn it off
28. LionStone posted on 20 Feb 2013, 22:35 0
Whenever I have run live wallpapers on my HTC phones, it was always very minimal battery use.
4. clevername posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:16 2
Thank you p0rkguy! I thought I was the only one seeing the modern UI
7. asianface posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:35 1
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! HTC, dangerous move!! I have to say I won't be sick of looking at my phone if it looks like that, but I'm just not sure if the general public would like that
8. marchels14 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:35 4
Everyone now is copying the tile thing of windows 8 cant someone think of something original.
24. Baseballer posted on 19 Feb 2013, 21:44 0
Too bad thats only for that blink feed. The rest of the screens you custo iza with stuff you want..
11. pwnarena posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:47 2
at least windows can now use the litigation route to make money.
15. najariner posted on 19 Feb 2013, 12:27 0
that new clock widget is ugly as hell, and this metro meets flipboard ui is really overdoing it. please bring back sense 4.1
16. rizevnarastek posted on 19 Feb 2013, 12:42 1
Actually it reminds me more of Currents then Flipboard or Windows live tiles ;)
17. AshishRomea posted on 19 Feb 2013, 13:06 4
I LIKE THE SONY UI , SIMPLE , CLASSY , GOOD GRAPHICS AND MORE OF GOOGLE STOCK :)
19. rsiders posted on 19 Feb 2013, 14:52 4
As a Windows Phone user I must say the tile Sense UI(tiles are still static unlike Windows Phone) really appeals to me. And you can still switch to a more traditional Android interface. If HTC actually delivers on the camera quality(the software is killer too) and Nokia announces yet another AT&T exclusive for their next flagship device this is absolutely my next phone. I won't have to unlock it for T-Mobile to enjoy it. Are you listening Nokia?
20. thelegend6657 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 18:16 1
I hope previous devices will get new sense .
Just like GS2 and note just got Nature UX
Stuck on an older version of manufacturer skin is so not cool
22. heyhi posted on 19 Feb 2013, 20:47 0
This is for you guys who dont like the UI...yeah the tile UI bla bla, WP bla bla bla, BUT, to not see the tiles, just slide it sideways, left or right, and thats it...it looks like an android UI again...i just one hands on video....the blink feed or tiles UI is just in one place, like a dedicated page for them...slide it right for example and you have the android UI again..simple as that...watch JON4LAKERS htc one hands on video on youtube and you'll see it. Just saw it.
25. jackhammeR posted on 20 Feb 2013, 01:59 0
totally ripped off of metro ui. At least, they got rid of this stupid weather widget.
27. shadez10 posted on 20 Feb 2013, 05:26 0
The phone itself looks like an iphone,BB z10, xperia... And now the UI looks like metro from WP...
Out of ideas HTC?.. hahahahah...
30. jroc74 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 06:16 0
I would say its more of a Flipboard clone. IMO Flip Board is inspired by Live Tiles tho... so in a 6 degress of seperation type of thing...one could say this Blink Feed is Live Tile-ish.
That said....I dont want any static things on my home screen. If I have to get another launcher just to remove it...I might dont want that phone. At the same time...I use Nova Launcher now so it might not be that big a deal.
31. heyhi posted on 21 Feb 2013, 19:49 0
man, didnt you read my post?? thats just in one place, one page that you scroll up and down...swipe your fingers to the left and you get a normal android UI again.