The Disney Magic 1 is no Mickey Mouse handset
The Disney Magic 1 is offered by DisneyMobile and can be purchased from Chinese website JD.com for 1999 RMB ($325). While the handset is the first Disney produced smartphone, back in 2006 the Disney D100 featurephone received two thumbs up from the FCC. The quad-band GSM model was sold in South Africa and Europe. Back then, some might have felt that skipping the U.S. was a goofy thing for DisneyMobile to do.
The Disney Magic 1 is powered by Android 4.2.1, offers GSM connectivity and also supports China Mobile's proprietary TD-SCDMA pipeline.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: JD.com (translated) via GSMInsider
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Lol come on Disney, either go hard or go home!
2. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
"Back then, some might have felt that skipping the U.S. was a GOOFY thing for DisneyMobile to do."
I see what you did there.
3. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
"The magic doesn't last forever though, as the battery inside the unit has a 1700mAh capacity"
You should say its battery lasts as long as Donald Duck's temper self control.
4. CaoCiBai (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
The design of the phone is nice, but once i saw Mediatek, no go. Pass.
5. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Mediatek + 1gb ram = typical slow/laggy chinese phone.
The newer mediateks you will see next year will actually be good.
9. Meleagru (Posts: 84; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
It shouldn't be that bad if you don't run more than one app on it.
11. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 804; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Slow/Laggy? Has any of you people even tried playing with a Phone equiped with a Quadcore mediatek SoC? Truth is my current phone is only equiped with a Dual Core Mediatek Soc + Android 4.1 and this thing runs smooth as butter. Seems like some of you here are just spewing BS in every PA articles. Sheesh kids these days. . .
16. Mittal (Posts: 445; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
a quad core media tek is not slow.. it might not be a Snapdragon 800
but it definitely gets the job done and more
6. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Not bad for kids.. lol
8. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its a Chinese phone so I wouldn't be surprised if it has a high radiation output.
7. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 207; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
With a mediatek processor it sounds legit.
10. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
whaaat?is this a kid phone?too bad the magic doesnt last that long 1700mah..
12. skyline88 (Posts: 347; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
good mid-range specs, but why 1700 mAh battery?
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2717; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
That picture is off. That 4.5" screen phone looks the size of the Z Ultra in her hand.
17. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Only mainlanders are retarded enough to buy this s**t