Supposed Samsung Galaxy S IV appears on video and it's a China-bound dual-SIM version
This is the Galaxy S 4 under the GT-I9502 model name, and it seems to be a fully functional unit, running on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean with a new version of TouchWiz on top of it.
Looking at this video, the device looks very similar to the current Galaxy S III in terms of design. The rounded edges, the pebble form, everything seems to be identical, save for what looks like a more narrow bezel for an almost edge-to-edge screen. By all visible clues, the new Samsung flagship is also made out of plastic.
Notably, this Galaxy S 4 candidate does look a bit thicker than you’d expect. While we hope that is justified by a larger battery, we think it might have something to do with the fact that it is a dual-SIM version of the device. The single SIM version could be thinner, but again this is just a lucky guess.
The camera interface has evolved with a separate on-screen buttons for video and still capture, and we get to see how burst shot works in the demonstration right below.
Sadly, mister Blurrycam ruins the rest of the video. Even though the battery pack is shown, it’s all out of focus making it hard to read the numbers for its capacity. Take out your magnifying glass, Sherlock Holmes’ spirit and feel free to investigate it right below.
source: 52 Samsung
Could this be the Samsung Galaxy S IV? Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
Could this be the Samsung Galaxy S IV?
1. zippolite28 (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
If this is SG4 then i would say SXZ and HTC 1 Looks much better in looks
3. Topcat488 (Posts: 973; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I hope the Note III doesn't look like this...
16. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 188; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Your S4 is of no match with the dust/water resistant + sleek and elegant + durable glass body of SONY Xperia Z! Neither with the aluminum case of HTC One! No. Not a chance evaaaar! ;D
The bitter truth is haaard to accept. So go on waiting for your plastic inelegant phone! :PPP
42. linneti15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
ugh too many sony fanboys here nowadays.. the sony xperia z isn't that great dude. 2012 processor (while still good, isn't the best for a flagship 2013), washout screen with low contrast and terrible black levels and less than spectacular viewing angles. you need to open a flap for every port and tbh i dont see the point in going underwater with your smartphone too much. the sony android skin is a bit buggy and isn't as smooth as touchwiz or even sense 5. glass on the back will also shatter easily (dragontail glass is only on the front, standard gorilla glass on the back) and lastly the build isn't very ergonomic
44. linneti15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
personally im digging either the gs4 or the htc one.. leaning towards the one more i think. htc one's screen is on the whole better, speakers are awesome, best front facing camera and decent back (could be better i admit), ingenious and nice software features which aren't gimmicky at all. build quality and design is spectacular (better than xperia z imo) and snapdragon 600 is the new processor king. is there any contest? htc one > xperia z. I even think the xperia zl is better than the z
69. sintruder (Posts: 53; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
and don't forget htc one will support open gl es 3.0 games with it's adreno 320 while the s4 will not.The s4 is not future proof at all as we'll start seeing games made with open gl es 3.0 games end of 2013!!
78. feres13 (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Actually The S4, if it has the SGX544MP will dupport OpenGL 3.0. At least my iPad does with it's SGX544MP4.
95. TylerGrunter (Posts: 757; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Wow! So you have the ONLY iPad in the world that supports OpenGL 3.0 then? I'm officially impressed, as SGX544 does NOT support OpenGL 3.0, neither does SGX554, only PowerVR 6 (Rogue) does...
93. pyradark (Posts: 687; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Hahaha full of reason just to cover the ugliest S4, Dude Xperia Z is made for fun and unexpected accident. Sure hardware is outdated but million of people doesnt care, as long there is quadcore on specs its fine. Same as display, people will choose elegant design than chep O plastic, millions doesnt even care with the quality of display, as long as they can watch, text and surf and play they be fine.
111. pritam.paul.360 (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
quote: "millions don't care about processor". "millions don't care about displays"
and still they buy a phone priced a fortune! you gotta be drunk or something saying those words....
110. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
your experia Z is no match to S4's confirmed specs octa 5410 and PowerVR SXG 544 graphics....you can dip all day long your device while we enjoy the power and smoothness of s4...and i love plastic...cheaper to replace and no worries....
116. rgxVOiD (Posts: 426; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Its quad and if you want to enjoy the smoothness, get Windows Phone
8. tech2 (Posts: 1114; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I have my doubts for this being the real deal.
if you look at the several phone covers leak over the past week, on comparing, the flash and speaker are not placed as can be seen from the covers in which they are placed to the left and right of the camera !
and if any rumours could be trusted then it should be from these phone cover company because they receive the cover specification from Samsung. Many of such company are even ready to give a refund if the cover does not fit your GS4.
Also the placement of the speaker might cause difficulty for right-handed as they might block the speaker when holding !
But thats only my guesswork ! :)
30. zippolite28 (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
y would we say other android phones looks better than s4 :P
39. pwnarena (Posts: 566; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i also don't think that's real. if the s4 uses samoled, the display shouldn't be that bland. the htc one display looks better than that and it's not even oled.
105. SleepingOz (Posts: 2364; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
22. Ranj-1989 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
i think people is start to hating SAMSUNG...:(
32. zippolite28 (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
Using Samsun and want SAMSUNG to look even more better than any other :)
24. AnTuTu (Posts: 596; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
If this is S4 then I am done and will go with HTC one :( but why Sammy :( even though I don't wanna believe but these freakin videos :(
79. _Bone_ (Posts: 1995; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It does feature a HUGE BATTERY though which may be a bigger factor than the form. Look at the comparison with the S3:
26. dickwyn (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Brigthen the image by 150% and it'll look like thishttps://www.facebook.com/photo
.php?fbid=485084014873475&set= a.464190840296126.125249.45959 9404088603&type=1&theater
63. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
though I love Samsung's innovation they bring to each phone but if this turns out to be galaxy s4 then i may just have to go with htc one this time.....
No offence but isnt samsung just being too generic with cheap plastic or even polycarbonate......
this is the king of all smartphones for pete's sake.......I just find it very difficult to digest that smasung wouldn't care about our persistent request with choice of material.......
Samsung please dont disappoint us...we have a lot of expectation from your 14th March event......
68. nostarwhere (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Sony Z looks ugly and HTC 1 ridiculous. So Galaxy 4 should not be worse than them when it comes to looks. Talk it down whatever u Sammy haters like, the G4 will be the next best seller. If only I can afford its high price!
81. feres13 (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Why do you think that the One is ridiculous. And if you think that this piece of flimzy cheap ugly shinny thin cheap plastic is nicer looking than the Xperia Z, then i'm sorry but you're wrong
90. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I don't care about plastic a removable back cover and top notch hardware is enough for me. ..
114. zuckerboy (Posts: 614; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yeap . i dont know why samsung use this design ( if this is real gs4 ).
2. emadshiny (Posts: 977; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
another disappointment for Samboys.
Sammy is following the footsteps of apple.
20. XperiaUser (unregistered)
apple is gonna sue to sammy once again coz they are just going to increase the size of its next generation smartphone just like apple did with iphone5 ;)
84. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
care to tell me what are the other disappointments?
113. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1616; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
And how is this a dissapointment? Come on did you seriously extra ext something incredible in looks why's? Everyone knows Sammy's strengths are in software!
54. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1207; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Apple commercial playing in the background ..oh the irony
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4644; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Let's hope that this isn't the real SIV, if it is, everybody will be painfully disappointed :(
10. PhoneArena. (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
But it shows the Cpu, Ram, and everthing.... This could be for china, but international may be different. Wo knows?
118. TechTel (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
I've just check the IMEI in an online DB and it belongs to an iPhone 4.
I hope so........
6. PhoneArena. (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Please don't let this be true. This is ugly and to long.
61. _Bone_ (Posts: 1995; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Looks like a prototype, they usually test new HW & features in old form factor. Why would a Chinese dude have an SIV 6 weeks before launch, one before unveiling? The SW isn't very snappy so it also proves it's an early version, but in the end a bezel-less S3 isn't that bad really, we got used to it by now, if you didn't, you'll buy something else. It's the features that will matter.
7. DirtySoul (Posts: 9; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Again, I say - this is not AMOLED, dial screen is white. They always make it black on AMOLEDs to save the battery.
9. MartianMe (unregistered)
Big "F to samsung if this is it.
11. Esf_Kid (Posts: 43; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
don't disappoint me Sammy.
im already tired of my S3 and you're making your new flagship with exactly the same boring design? WTF
58. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
If you are putting design ahead of the technology and functionality, well then you're not a rational person.
And not a true smartphone fan
88. izim1 (Posts: 67; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
So you'd buy a heartshaped smartphone so long as it had the latest tech?
100. Esf_Kid (Posts: 43; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
don't be fanboy
i have GS3 right now alongside flagship from other brands.
but you know what, maybe at first you say internal beauty is more than external one (what i said about S3) but after a few month you start noticing its bad design more than before and start blaming yourself for buying such an ugly phone. i love the performance of my S3 but after 5 month im getting bored of its design and feel/
12. clevername (Posts: 1401; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Well Sammy said they are focused more on user experience than hardware this time around. Too bad. I mean aesthetically too bad. Good for the software.
anyone else a little weirded out by the "making the iPad" soundtrack in the background?
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 1199; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Looks like a galaxy s 3 for me,same old design Sammy,how disappointing I was wishing they would go back on how they made the s1 and s2
17. darkskoliro (Posts: 831; Member since: 07 May 2012)
istevencom does some great detailed reviews. If you understand chinese you should go check it out! Some videos are insanely pleasing to watch because of the depth.
18. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
they never had any history of repeating their design...i hope this is not the first...because if they do so... i will definitely buy s4...love the s3 design and form...repeating the design will be absolutely fine.......and the updates...next to google...
19. feres13 (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Has anybody been able to see how many mAh the battery is in this video
21. avin007 (Posts: 137; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
The device has cheap written all over it......sammy fanboys i'm sorry
46. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
it's fine we don't judge the book by its cover...
49. maccess (Posts: 450; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
we don't care kid.. we love the technology beneath the "plastic"
23. Ranj-1989 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
If this is the real SIV..so i believe they should decrease from 100 million units to 10 million...
59. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I mean, its not like the all plastic, "cheap and ugly" S3 is still outselling all other high end androids and Nokias combined.
Getting my point?
25. Technobri (Posts: 57; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
If this is the s4..Than its unfortunate.. S4 should have been square.. Square looks more elegant in my opinion.. Even if it were plastic.
60. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Yeah, because square is so original, and easier to hold, right?