Sony refutes the claim that its 2011 phones are not getting Jelly Bean
We are actively investigating Android OS upgrades for all devices, but in the meantime, our Ice Cream Sandwich rollout for Xperia S and 2011 Xperia smartphones continues as planned.
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
This makes me wanna buy xperia gx more...
Shut up and take my money...
3. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4332; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah Sony is stepping up & making some really great products. I can't wait for a Cybershot camera on one of their Xperia phones already.
C'mon Sony deliver already.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
I've decided to buy next sony tablets (aka sony tablets s2) instead of phones :)
byebye surface tablets!!! Until next time :D
5. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4332; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You know what, I am going to hold out just to see what these new Windows 8 tablets are all about. I want to give Microsoft a chance to show me something new & fresh if not, then too bad for Microsoft.
The only thing I will buy from Microsoft will be the new Xbox 720. That is about it, unless their Windows 8 tablets are some serious machines that is.
12. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
The Surface tab (with W8 pro) can supposedly run traditional pc programs, so it's not really on the same league as other tabs. I'm not even considering the surface RT since apps for it are nowhere near iOS and droid levels.
So, I guess the best combination would be to have the ff:
tablet: iPad or quad-core droid (Nexus7, Prime, etc)
Phone: any (i prefer smartphones with good cameras. I have the Xperia S and N8, atm)
Home PC: replace with surface W8 pro :)
13. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4332; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey, hey that sound good to me. I like your style. Can't disagree with your vision.
8. doesntmatter (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Is there gonna be a Cyber-shot on one of the upcoming Xperia? I'm plannin to buy an Xperia in September, not sure if I should get the Xperia S, since Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4s already showed better camera photoes according to some internet reviews..
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4332; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I am not sure but if I were a Sony executive I would be running this by everyone I could. I think it's a win, win!
Let's HOPE for the best.
2. sharique (Posts: 8; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Wow seriously I am loving Sony even more! ^.^
6. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
MY XPERIA PLAY ISN'T EVEN ON ICS YET.
so unlucky. :(
9. jellytime (Posts: 135; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I hope we play users get jb because we didn't get ics if not :'(
10. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
don't hope. i think there is no way they would put JB on a device without ics,... :(
17. svinqvmraka (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Xperia Play won't get ics and (probably) won't get JB. It's the only 2011 phone that wasn't updated and there is a reason for that. Apparently gaming performance on the xPlay degraded with ICS, and you know, it's supposed to be a gaming device. That's why sony decided to play safe and stay with gingerbread. On the other hand I'm pretty sure there are some unofficial ICS roms for the play in xda-developers.
7. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Hope its not like some lg strategy where first they'll say 2x and optimus black will get updated into ics and after selling enough units bring out an 'unfortunately......
15. Jyakotu (Posts: 823; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Sony has been on a roll lately. They're really being aggressive in the mobile game. Unfortunately, Android users are so spec obsessed that they don't even usually give Sony phones a 2nd thought just because it's not quad core or has some ridiculously large screen. I mean, what good are specs if your phone can't even run the latest build of Android unless you root it.?
18. jael206 (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Yes!!! At least I know that theres a chance that my xperia ray could get JB!