Sony Xperia ZU phablet scores more than the Snapdragon 800 Galaxy S4, breaks every record
29. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Lets wait for Optimus G2's scores.
35. NightFelix (Posts: 52; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
Sorry guys, let's wait for Nexus 5 scores.
45. MK10R (Posts: 4; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
you know dude, Nexus scores had never been on top, its always on average scores, but Nexus user's experience is always the best compared to other android.
48. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Exactly. But Optimus G's score were on-par with Note 2.
41. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
m big fan of sammy but sammy going to use again s4 design for note3......thats sad
2. mi55u (unregistered)
will it breaks the note 3? I don't think so...
will it has stylus? I don't think so...
will it fix lags? I don't think so...
5. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
No need to go bashing a phone that hasn't even been introduced...
7. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
will it cure your jealousy? i don't think so...
its better to visit your doctor. LOL
8. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
will it break note 3 benchmarks? maybe, we will see.
Will it have a stylus? You would have to be stupid not to put it.
Will it fix lags? Sony's UI is wayyy lighter than Touchwiz so yeah.
11. Jason2k13 (Posts: 836; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Sony indeed has a light UI that's close to stock, but it's still disappointing how it still lags, Samsung on the other hand has too much features, widgets and bloatware that's why its obvious why it lags, but it doesn't take a genius to turn those features off and remove all or some of the widgets. If all fails, install Nova Launcher on sony or samsung phones and you'll get a smooth UI 99% of the time.
19. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 736; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Gs4 lags because of the features and 4.2.2
I heard from reviewers of phonedog abt gs4 lags whch they havent experienced in note2 and s3..
Anyway Sony's UI esp homescreen and gaming is so laggy than Twiz Esp their tablets. Anyway sony honami will feature new UI so
Sony will be the best if and only if :)
Waiting for honami yieeehhh :)
25. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
there is something wrong with the xperia z coz the xperia sp is damn smooth and barely lags (i say barely coz i have NEVER seen it lag, my friend has it and ive used it) even with a lot of widgets and no features turned off.
16. pyradark (Posts: 807; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Lol who needs stylus, when this phone support all types of input
from pencil to paint brush.... cry all you can now
34. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Dont know about that but will it correct your grammar... I dont think so :D
4. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
Hahaha you have to say qualcomm is the best
6. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
DAMMIT! I hope sony does not compromize battery life, this thing is BEAST!
17. pyradark (Posts: 807; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
expect 3000mah on it!!
still way too short for an 6.44in with trilinumious display
28. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
The Xperia tablet Z has decent battery life with a 6000mAh battery and a 10.1 inch display with a slightly higher resolution. I know you can't make a direct comparison, but it's certainly something to go by.
31. pwnarena (Posts: 1040; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
and half of a 10.1 inch display is not 5.05. Two 5-inchers only make a 7.2-inch display. if xperia z tablet has decent enough battery, the togari should be just fine although i would have wanted a bigger battery there.
12. ashue (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Sony... make.believe.... Can't wait for this to go official and to buy this ASAP......
14. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1608; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
sony brings us the best cus is the best.
15. wendygarett (unregistered)
It looks like benchmark is no longer the future proof indicators now, as its easily beaten by the other, but I wish sony the best :)
18. pwnarena (Posts: 1040; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
why is it only 2150 MHz? the galaxy s4 snapdragon 800 is 23++ i believe. so sony can score higher with a lower clocked processor?
21. pwnarena (Posts: 1040; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
samsung s4 with the s800 processor is clocked at 2265 and scores 31491. sony is really good with optimizing. i just hope the display will be good this time. i don't trust that the battery will last long but it'll surely outlast the xperia tablet z.
33. TheLoyalist (Posts: 22; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Remember that the S4 is 5" and ZU is 6,44" a massive difference in screen real estate to push around. When you consider that the ZU score is even more impressive.
37. pwnarena (Posts: 1040; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
not really. they have the same resolution. it's not the screen size that matters when it comes to cpu&gpu power. it's the resolution. S4 and Togari are both FHD. screen size matters for battery capacity.
22. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 904; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
If the Note3 arrives with the Exynos 5 Octa clocked at just over 1.8GHz, it will own this in benchmarks without breaking a sweat. :)
I was expecting over 33000 with the Qualcomm S800, after all, it's clocked at over 2.1GHz. At 1.6GHz the Exynos 5 Octa can hit up to 30600, that's mighty close to a chipset clocked at 2.1GHz, and the scary part is that the Exynos can be taken up to 2.3GHz. Tha A15 Cortex architecture is just so beastly!
23. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
The battery and temperature of the body of the phone both found out the A15 architecture was beastly the hard way.
Exynos and maybe even tegra have failed for phones this generation, they've not been able to deal with these issues.
Entropy512 did say Samsung were poor at differentiating the clock of each core. And XDA showed us the 4+4 chip was rushed...
No wonder there are rumours that even the note 3 is using the s800.
32. pwnarena (Posts: 1040; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
samsung galaxy s4 cpu at 2265 MHz -> 31491
sony xperia zu cpu at 2150 MHz -> 32173
if sony uses the same clock speed, it will always win benchmarks against the note. even the xperia z scored better compared to other devices that use the same snapdragon s4 cpu.
however, note 3 will probably win with its bigger battery and lower power consumption because of the AMOLED display.
27. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I wonder whether snap is more powerful than exynos when it comes to gpu power, or to put it simply, games.
39. twens (Posts: 849; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Very stupid comments I keep seeing from fun boys. I like the note series but it doesn't mean am against songs phone. The issue here is simple, benchmarks are getting on my nerves. The s4 has a good benchmark but I feel the performance of my note 2 more. Benchmarks do not mean anything anymore. Most of the new high end phones all have capable hardware now. It's the software and quick updates of the manufacturers that matters now. The choices are yours
44. serge327 (Posts: 48; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
when samsung announce note 3 with exceed 6inch screen, your words will be different XD
43. Techboi (Posts: 84; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
6 inches is a tablet with phone functions. Can't believe people laugh at the S4 zoom but want a tablet by their ears lol.