Xperia X Performance
|Platform||Android 6 Marshmallow||Android 6 Marshmallow||Android 6 Marshmallow|
|Dimensions||144.8 x 71.1 x 7.6mm|
164.4 g weight
| 142.7 x 69.4 x 7.9mm|
|143.6 x 66.8 x 7.9mm |
|Display||5" Full HD (1080 x 1920)||5" Full HD (1080 x 1920)||5” HD (720 x 1280)|
|SoC||Snapdragon 820||Snapdragon 650||MediaTek MT6755|
|RAM||3 GB||3 GB||2 GB|
|Cameras||23MP, Predictive Hybrid AF|
13MP front cam
|23MP, Predictive Hybrid AF|
13MP front cam
|13MP Exmor RS, 1/3"|
8 MP front camera
with microSD support
|32 GB (1 SIM) / 64 GB (2 SIM)|
with microSD support
with microSD support
|Battery||2700 mAh||2620 mAh||2300 mAh|
Sony Xperia X Performance vs Xperia X vs Xperia XA: specs comparison
1. techperson211 (Posts: 1179; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
And I thought they'll not show anything.
26. techperson211 (Posts: 1179; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Didn't regret mine. Z5p still the top dog for Sony. Just didn't expect this series that they'll unveil today.
44. isprobi (Posts: 637; Member since: 30 May 2011)
None of these phones beat the Z5P unless you want the 13 MP front camera. And I read somewhere that only the X Performance is water resistant. So the Z5P may be the pinnacle of Sony phones
46. submar (Posts: 415; Member since: 19 Sep 2014)
but SD820 performs better and do not heats up that much as 810
3. xperiaZlover (Posts: 194; Member since: 15 Nov 2015)
Good news is Xperia XA will be cheap comparative to the X and Xperformance.
4. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Great job.2016 is shaping to be the best ever
12. AlikMalix (Posts: 5237; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
LOL, unfortunately for some - we get our toys in September..
17. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1206; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
At least you have half a year newer tech LOL
7. w1000i (Posts: 66; Member since: 22 Jul 2015)
hahahaha, Sony through the SD820 in one of them like nothing
8. legiloca (Posts: 1323; Member since: 11 Nov 2014)
And then release it in June? Dude everybody already got themselves a G5, S7 or M10 by that time
9. itsjustJOH (Posts: 232; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
With the lack of pre-hype, I think they are not selling these to compete with the other flagships. Z would probably still remain as their flagship phones. Still a bummer since these are surprisingly good looking and nicely specced phones.
27. Omarion07 (Posts: 34; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
I think the X performance will replace the Z6 compact since they both have comparable sizes.. XA and X will replace M series.. I doubt there'll ever be C and E series. I also think Z6/ Z6 premium will be announced at IFA with new design, new camera sensor, and probably higher screen resolution!
38. Swordylove (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Jun 2015)
They won't replace anyone (including, God forbids, the Z Compacts). Z series have to be waterproof, and these are not.
37. Swordylove (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Jun 2015)
You know? From where?
There's no mention of it anywhere on their official site:
So I've come to a solid conclusion that they're all not waterproof.
11. AZNHA (unregistered)
wow new family
good job sony
13. TerryTerius (Posts: 1594; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
It does seem as if there's an elevated level of competition so far. HP, Samsung & LG all dropped phones that are near perfect in different ways. I'm highly interested to see what everyone else will bring although I already know what two Phones I'll be buying this year. It's always awesome to see manufacturers give it their all. That's the way it should be.
14. SonyPS4 (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 May 2013)
X Performance looks great. Spec better than Z5. my only problem is the name.
16. mimicryXD (Posts: 33; Member since: 03 Apr 2015)
The xperia x performance looks sweets! Sd 820 with 1080p resolution i think its a beast! But better wait for review.
18. Piyath_ale (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Nov 2015)
Wow.. This year is great for smartphone enthusiasts..
20. xperiaZlover (Posts: 194; Member since: 15 Nov 2015)
I also expect this.
Z5p beated S7 exynos version in some GPU tests.
Seems like Xperia Xp will destroy the s7 GPU performance since it is fhd.
35. phichart (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 May 2014)
and xp will be super hot like other Zseries and the s**tty camera...
48. CraftyBoyGT (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Apr 2015)
super hot like overheating? or being popular?
Sorry, I just don't get it
40. therons (Posts: 40; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
better design yes. but S7 comes with more nice feature, camera, better display (2k), always on display, more RAM.
XP is not a head to head compete to S7.
but yes i like XP design more than S7.
21. NorthernViking (Posts: 33; Member since: 25 Mar 2015)
Looks like the Performance still is missing a killer feature compared to Samsung S7, though the specs are good enough for me to want one. Depends on price compared to flagship models from other brands.
29. zarkonj (Posts: 11; Member since: 30 Sep 2015)
What is S7's killer feature? IMHO Samsung screwed up with thr S7. Not because of the Product itsself, but because LG showed how it's done. They have some true killer features: Finally a metal design, interchangeable modules, two back cameras (and these aren't for stupid s**t like changing the focus backwards. Like it was in the HTC M8. The cameras are for normal pictures or wide angle) This makes total sense, since you don't have interchangeable lenses on phones.
I think LG showcased to other manufacturers how it's done. They had the courage to try something new and they didn't tried this just on any smartphone. Instead they used their flagship! I am a big Sony Fan, but i gotta tell...LG did best this year!
22. sswain (Posts: 56; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
is this true dual SIM or again sim#1+sim#2/microSD???
24. therons (Posts: 40; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
yeah for Sony XP...beauty beast mid ranger.
isn't it surprising?
Sony put 820 for mid ranger ....
you can see Z6 will roar the competition.
i think now Samsung will think produce the same mid ranger with 820 and fingerprint scanner as well.
28. zarkonj (Posts: 11; Member since: 30 Sep 2015)
How is the X Performance a mid ranger? In my eyes, it is clearly highend.
31. techperson211 (Posts: 1179; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Yeah, X Performance is the flagship of the X series.
39. therons (Posts: 40; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
mid ranger series with flagship capability.
i think this is Sony strategy to pricing down and compete with Xiaomi and other Chinese Brand. since they focus on mid and high (flagship) today.
i know XP spec is as good as Z5 as a flagship, but product differentiation can do that.
u already knew sony z compact series is the only compact phone using flagship chip and spec.
Sony is managing their line up to be M, X and Z.
43. Einstein333 (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 May 2012)
There will be no Z6! The new x series is supposed to replace the old z series! So you could actually consider the x performance to be the z6!
30. Af1rPA (Posts: 683; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
Good work on the 5 inch compact Sony. Now just price it right and don't make us wait 5 months for the release.
32. dimas (Posts: 1975; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
Are they killing the z family? I like the x performance specs except for the battery. Too low if they're going to sell it at $600.
33. mimicryXD (Posts: 33; Member since: 03 Apr 2015)
yeah just like in samsung A Series that suppose to be a mid ranger but also expensive
42. Einstein333 (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 May 2012)
If they won't sell the Xperia X Performance in Europe, I will probably switch from Sony to Samsung!
49. edelxander (Posts: 54; Member since: 01 Oct 2013)
No compact phones?, i'll stick with Z5 compact.