Sony Honami cameraphone detailed further: glass/metal body, larger sensor than the Nokia N8
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is it! This is it!
The Sony Honami is gonna be a BLAST! Oh, and don't forget the Nokia EOS!
Sony always make me believe and Nokia connects (attracts) me!
23. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
yeah I agree with you.
This year will be the best year to replace my old devices
GS2 with Sony Honami
Nokia E6-00 with Nokia EOS
1. Big sensor, Sony G lens (the quality is about on par with Carl zeiss), Powerful flash, but the greatest thing is new software processing algorithms, and new interface, taking hints from the Cyber-shot camera range.
2. A glass/ metal fusion with carbon fiber thrown in for "Sony Japan's most beautiful smartphone design ever,"
3. Walkman audio chip
4. Great quality display Triluminos, JDI whitemagic, or IZGO
With those spec it will be the most All rounded Devices.
And Only Nokia EOS can be better since Nokia have bigger Sensor, great quality Carl Zeiss lens, and great software
''No More plastic Toy For Me'' hahaha....
25. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Again d plastic toy..
Many are exctd w/ this sony's device, including me. But pls stop bashing other company, ur immature
33. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Don't worry kid i'm not bashing samsung.
Its just another complains from Samsung Galaxy S2 User
26. XperiaUser (unregistered)
but i doubt what price tag it will get ;)
34. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I know the rumours said the price point is about $800-$1000.
But i'm ok with that ^_^
Honami is not for everyone i think Sony just want to show what they really can do.
By 2014 Sony will be full power so they will release high quality product from low end to high end devices.
one of those rumours devices is 5'' entry level Quad core with Stylus.
So next year Sony will make everybody happy.
31. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wow, you have two phones? AWESOME!
Oh, and by the way, you said "plastic toy" a lot of times, are you talking about Samsung? Hahaha.......why hate plastic?
32. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i'm just lucky that i have enough money.
Plastic is good material but when the construction of the phone sucks and you have used high quality device before.
You will never happy when you have smartphone that the quality is on par with some plastic toy.
I never hate plastic but i hate samsung build quality soo BAD....
35. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I agree with you! Plastic is not bad, but the build quality on Samsung phones are BAD!
45. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Ignore HTC, Samsung and LG. The real champions are the upcoming intel devices.
41. omar300 (Posts: 200; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
more than half the people here dont even understand the meaning of bigger sensor.
46. akki20892 (Posts: 3742; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i need EOS.................looks like Honami will have 16mp or 20mp camera.
48. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
EOS and Honami are best friends! lol
3. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Sony used to promise a lot of things and never lived up to the hype.
After almost 3 years they came up with something comparable (on paper, at least) to N8, which is far behind current camera flagship, 808./L920 A few days before Nokia announces PureView stage 3 which will probably re-take the crown from 808. Wow, sony. With that pace you will conquer the market.
10. hung2900 (Posts: 835; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Sony has good sensors, but failed to optimize them.
15. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
N8 had 1/1.83 for 12MP, but this Honami has 1/6 for 20MP, that means the individual pixels is still smaller. Probably only comparable to point and shoots who have around 1/2 to 1/2.3 sensor size but has 12-16MP.
I actually doubt the photos will be very good when compared to 808 PureView (which has even smaller pixels but oversampling makes up for it) but better than many smartphones nonetheless.
Thumbs up for metal and carbon fiber build .
43. pwnarena (Posts: 1007; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i think you don't understand what you're writing.
52. kobainez (Posts: 309; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
How about this? http://imageshack.us/f/708/b5f
n.jpg/This is honami sample. I dare you and the hamster guy to comment about it. That hamster guy didn't comment till nw. This honami ''small'' sensor looks great even on par with lumia 1020 that has ''bigger'' sensor. Sony doesn't need a big sensor to produce nice images unlike nokia
30. boosook (Posts: 1171; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
LOL! I can't remember when photographers started to use nokia instead of canon or nikon... ;-) serioulsy, the only true nokia cameraphones were the n8 and 808, while the Lumias are just normal phones, if not underperforming. The 920 is good only in low light thanks to the optical stabilizer, but in daylight results are not good at all and can't compete wit the best in class, in this moment iphone 5s and galaxy s4, and a very interesting htc one. But even the "old" gs3 easily beats the 920 in daylight... just check the million tests on the web!
37. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
You totally forgot N82 and N86. N82 was one of the first 5MP shooters with Xenon flash, and N86 had multi-aperture.
You need to try harder if you want to troll. Everyone is referring to phone cameras here.
50. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
don't require too much from this troll..he thinks that mobile technology has erected when android 2.3 was unveiled.
Guys like him don't even know what variable aperture, n86 or Nokia's cameraphone history are.
And they just can't swallow the fact that Nokia is the most technologically advanced company when it comes to camera modules. Just to mentionm: n95, n82, n86 (thanks to variable aperture, because in my opinion n82 makes better photos), n8, 808.
Lumia-yes, it excells only in low light and when you're making film thanks to its superb OIS (look at htc one..it has "faster" OIS but videos looks crappy compared to Lumia) but now Nokia is going to merge all these technologies in one beautiful device.
5. Muzhhur (Posts: 251; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Good, but not enough, I still think Nokia And Sony should get the better pone-cameras on the market! Sony are doing great right now but Im still on Nokia pureview tech
6. darkskoliro (Posts: 1032; Member since: 07 May 2012)
The proper camera phone. Not like a galaxy camera..
13. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Is galaxy camera intended to be a phone?
21. darkskoliro (Posts: 1032; Member since: 07 May 2012)
In a way, yes. Why would you put quad core, android, and 3g onto a camera..
24. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Yah half phone but not a phone actually coz u cant make a phone call
27. XperiaUser (unregistered)
it will 10 mm thick so probably it will a proper camera phone
8. pyradark (Posts: 795; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Cant wait for this and the 6.4inch thing. But for now im planning to get Z for my travel.
Sony and Nokia are starting to bring back old memories hahaha!! Camera smartphone here we go!!
9. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
everything looks sooo small against the mighty 808 which is one year old!
Way to go NOKIA..looking forward to 41MP on windows phone
11. gigaraga (Posts: 1398; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Nothing special here, as usual with Sony
12. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Stop it people, judge it when it comes out..im a fan of samsung but im excited :)
I want it :) i want technology and d variety :) just live up to the hype pls
14. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1062; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Why does is say "Sony Japan's..." ? Is this a Japan exclusive? :-/
22. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
No. This is being developed by Sony Japan...
- Preetam Nath
39. lovefist (unregistered)
and you know, japanese are very creative and artistic. so expect good build and design.
16. mohann (Posts: 10; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
sony cannot come to first place in smartphone battle until it changes its buggy UI and slower update even to the flagship phones
17. Arakgreg (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
we should also consider the following:
1- after sale service
2- availability of the spare parts .
3- the pricing of the spare parts .
4- fault ration of the units.
6- service centers and trained personnel to handle faults
18. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
BRING ON THE CAMERA BATTLE
todays event is for the camera sensor race !!!1one
19. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Seems that there are so many people dissapointed w/ sony?? Same w/ me as my sisters unpleasant experience w/ xperia z and my experience w/ xperia t.. but i will 4get those things co i want this new hype from sony :) i will talk garbage things again against sony if they will repeat their mistakes, but for now, i want this device haha
38. pwnarena (Posts: 1007; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
we share the same sentiment. good thing some sony fans refuse to be overly fanatic to defend products when they are no longer worth defending.
20. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Htc is goin to have 8mp in their ultrapixel camera ijust read somewhere but im not sure
Sony is goin to have this :)
Samsung and Apple wud stay at the old ways?? Hoping samsung shud look deeply now in the camera dept, i dont care abt apple hahaha
28. tiara6918 (Posts: 1845; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I hope Sony will soon make an xperia phone based on the cybershot gseries(high optical and digital zoom). That would create a new category to camera phones
29. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Damn, what is Sony thinking?
If they release such sensational device, everyone buying it will be settled for years! :p
36. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
^That is supposed to be an ironic joke.
Of course I absolutely like the rumors so far
40. lovefist (unregistered)
they apparently didn't get it. there are some fanboys that'll just thumb down people without understanding their comment =D
42. a_merryman (Posts: 747; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I wish sony made phones that worked on CDMA networks too. In this day and age it isn't hard considering most chips are multimode that support a ridiculous amount of bands. I just don't understand why Sony wouldn't want a potential 160 million customers from verizon and sprint alone...
44. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
I hope this is the phone that will replace my GS2. This or the Note III.
47. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
and it take sony upto 2013 to surpass N8? wooow... some technology
51. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
you better compare honami against nokia n8