Sony D6603 smartphone, possibly the Xperia Z3, seen at the FCC
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3464; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Please give something cooool. Not just the dull round corners.
7. Amir1 (Posts: 289; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
be sure sony will make the z3 worth buying. we know almost nothing as of now. there surely be some surprised features.
8. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3464; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I hope so. It has to be something internal, because on the outside there seems to be nothing "amazing".
20. Jinto (Posts: 414; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Don't hate guys, this might what the Nexus 6 will be based on
2. Federated (Posts: 255; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
Has to be 3GB of RAM. Can't go back. I'm glad they kept the 1920 x 1080 resolution. Longer battery life should be a priority than anything else.
11. Dthawk (Posts: 42; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Hopefully they upgrade the front facing camera. 2.1MP is no bueno.
3. salaal (Posts: 109; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
We need a Z3 compact with a 1080p 4.5" screen but the bezels should be reduced so that it can fit in the same body of Z1 compact. Other specs such as Snap 801 and 2GB should also be included.
5. Planterz (Posts: 1443; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
That's what I'm hoping for, although I won't be too disappointed if it's "only" a 720p screen.
6. salaal (Posts: 109; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
They need to make 4.3-4.7" 1080p displays rather then making 5-6" QHD displays.
9. vincelongman (Posts: 2375; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Or they should make something similar to their Xperia ZL, it had a 5" screen but was about the same size as the Moto X (4.7" screen) due to very small bezels
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
A lot of sales will be increased, and females that love IPhone's would migrate to this Z2 mini.
18. smallworld (Posts: 451; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
4.5" 1080p displays barely exist (only one phone from Sharp) and are too expensive to manufacture. If Sony put a 1080p display on the Z3 Compact you will all complain about the price again. People are not realistic. They want flagship level specs priced at
21. osbert (Posts: 59; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
If it has other specs to match the "big" Z3... I would definitely take a 720p display at 4.5"... or 4.3" or 4"!
shrink. that. freaking. screen. already! Extra thickness... no problem... not interested in having a thin, brittle device.
12. MrTzr (unregistered)
QHD is so useless on a 5- 5,5" screen...
14. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Instead of Qhd, 533ppi would be better.
10. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Minimum 32gb please, really can't stand 16gb
19. refillable (Posts: 819; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Me want USB 3.0, Snapdragon 805, more ergonomic design and better camera software. And perhaps more friendly prices for our wallets too. Other than that, I want to keep their Z2 ways.
22. isprobi (Posts: 335; Member since: 30 May 2011)
Well I want a Z Ultra 2 upgrade to my current Z Ultra. But it does not look like Sony will do that. I think it will be hard to go back to just a 5.5 inch screen. The only real benefit would be a better camera.