Sony C650X Odin phablet caught on camera
Sony C650X Odin This device is supposed to compete in the phablet category against other models like the Samsung GALAXY Note II, the LG Intuition and the HTC DLX. Of course, this phone is unannounced but we do have what is allegedly a picture of the device to show you.
Taking a good look at the picture, it looks like Sony has made the screen with edge-to-edge functionality and there's hardly a bezel in sight. Speaking of sight, the device is turned off in the photo so we really can't determine how legitimate the photo is, so keep that in mind before you start drooling. The screen on the Sony C650X Odin is supposed to be 5 inches with 1080 x 1920 resolution. A quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, most likely the APQ8064, is under the hood while 2GBof RAM is aboard.
We might see the Sony C650X Odin wandering around the hallway at CES 2013. Now, let's see if someone can come up with a picture of the Sony C660X Yuga with a rumored 6 inch screen.
source: Rbmen (translated) via AndroidAuthority
1. jan25 (Posts: 390; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i am not much into phablets, but a 5 inch edge to edge screen is very tempting. Sony nailed the design, i never really liked the design of their Xperia line but this..
6. Captain_Doug (Posts: 754; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Same here. I don't like the idea of having to use 2 hands for a phone but 5 inch with no bezel... just may work.
10. hung2900 (Posts: 794; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I dont think Sony like thin bezel. Look at their smartphones and TVs, always thick bezels
22. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Actually, this is from the very first of Xperias, Xperia 2 to be exact. My most, top most favorite mobile design to the date.
25. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Gosh..have you all lost your minds?!?
This is not a darn phablet.
I can't wait when official announcement reveals that this thing is smaller than the Galaxy S3.. and I will dare you to still call it a phablet, PA!!
2. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1079; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
ok it looks like another render but really cant tell. in the article it says 5 inch screen but wasn't this supposed to be a 6-inch phone?
Lets hope sony can pull off a good phablet here but I seriously doubt it'll be able to compete with the Note 2 in software optimization. Its the little features in the Note 2 that make it the big dog to beat!
Hardware-wise the Sony Odin seems awesome on paper but lets wait and watch
3. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4023; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The leaked Yuga was the 6 inch, the Odin is 5 inch. Says it in the last line of the article.
20. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
this is a fake. this was submitted by a guy named Jsus into Concept Phones. PA should really check the renders coming out there. :)
28. bluexperia (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
i think that you are one the designers at concept phone isn't it?? btw design on concept phone is the best...
29. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
yup. and thanks! i have a new one up there as well as one on my blog that needs support, I need a lot of participation for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 concept coming up.
see it on my YouTube Channel or my blog:
thank you bro. and yes, the community at concept phones is well and fine too.
31. bluexperia (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
sorry to ask more but will the designs on concept being used as actual phone??? any chance?? btw your design is very beautiful... would be glad if i could have the phone with your design..
32. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
no. it's very seldom OEMs make connections with the designs. they're all stand alone.
well, maybe they can steal the designs and claim it as their own. i don't know really.
4. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
if it's a phablet, why does it looks so small? Even if it has an edge-to-edge display. Look at it at that man's hand.
15. adjou (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
Either this is fake, or that man got massive massive hands...
30. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
5 inch has never been that small!! Or that man like you said, has a palm span of about 7 inches!! :D
17. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
I was thinking that too...
But, what if THIS is the real Xperia Nexus?
crossing my fingers!
26. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Because the author is dumb, that's why.
This is a phone with minimum bezel and 5 inch screen, period
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6500; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
THE HECK WITH THE Xperia T I WANT THE ODIN PHABLET. I think I'll wait till 2013 to buy a Jelly Bean phone. THIS PHONE IS MONSTROUS!!
8. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
wow phablets are coming out of the wood work lately
11. buggerrer (Posts: 287; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
tall display .. just as stupid as the iPhone 5 screen!
14. adjou (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
-_-', So phones can't have the same screen size now... Or they will be deemed as copycats...
23. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
! Go look up for Xperia 2 from Sony Ericsson first.
13. absolete (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
This is a concept phone -__- the same guy as the guy who made the fake xperia play 2... Why are people so gullible :P
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
O yea true. Wize thinking thoughts. Another concept phone.
19. kanagadeepan (Posts: 668; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
The very first SONY phone, which looks sooo cute...
21. itsjustJOH (Posts: 81; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
This is a live concept phone.