Samsung shows off flexible solid state battery that can't burst in flames
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8273; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Put the Note 3 battery in all phones from here on and you'll have a lot of happy customers.
2. yadu004 (Posts: 63; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
So the next year galaxy line-up would be pretty good overhual
33. uvaman (Posts: 20; Member since: 14 Jan 2013)
Report says that this tech should be here around 2015....
37. Shatter (Posts: 2024; Member since: 29 May 2013)
So 1-2 years. Not bad for something like this.
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Samsung shows off flexible solid state battery...
Samsung shows off flexible OLED screen...
And so on...
But when Apple will show us something? :)
6. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Dont get very excited about flexible stuff because all of the components of the phone need to flexible for a flexible phone to happen. Till then you will see epic fail phones like the galaxy round.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8273; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Shatter proof screen isn't good enough for you? You seem quite the troll don't you?
12. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
@Smurf so you're trying to say that galaxy round is a great phone? My comment was a general statement about flexible phones. I was not trolling. Shatterproof screen would be great though....
22. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5403; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I think that the Galaxy Round is a great phone. It looks special, too bad it is only available at South Korea.
30. Diazene (Posts: 123; Member since: 01 May 2013)
I just don't know why some people think flexible screens are shatter-proof
32. McLTE (Posts: 695; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I just don't know why when people read "flexible display", their tiny brains can only imagine a FLEXIBLE phone.
What we know is that with a flexible screen, the phone will be more shatter resistant. We don't know how much yet. Shatter proof? We'll soon find out.
The Galaxy round is not an epic fail.. it's a first case use of new flexible display technology. I'm excited to hear reviews about how durable the screen is. I don't care about the curvature of the screen.. I care about the screen itself.
34. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"I just don't know why when people read "flexible display", their tiny brains can only imagine a FLEXIBLE phone."
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You miss the point of my comment, I didn't talk about flexible phone. I'm happy because I see innovations and tech evolution.
21. vijaysivakula (Posts: 164; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
"Epic fail like the Galaxy round"? Where do you get your information from? And when did you hold and use the Galaxy Round so extensively that you have labelled it epic fail? Do you think that everyone else is like you, without common sense?
25. joey_sfb (Posts: 2906; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I like the galaxy round auto 'screen on' function, hope it get integrated into future S5 or Note 4.
15. xoatomxo (Posts: 57; Member since: 26 Apr 2011)
I need to buy Saumsung shares like now!
Does anybody know how to buy it from US?
29. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Apple is showing "spaceship" campus ...
31. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
But it is important only for Apple so... :D
35. harigrg33 (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Apple will show 4.7'screen next year and tht will b an innovation for apple fan lol
42. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Just innovating for sake of innovating is not good. It's important to do it right, looks like fan droids think gimmicky features is innovation. Therefore whoever a list of gimmicky features is bigger is the more innovative company.
5. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
This is innovation, the Galaxy round is not
10. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
The word innovation does not translate to "good product" it means doing something very different from what is mainstream. Something that deviates almost entirely from what is made by everyone else. Thats why if your idea is too innovative it could very well be rejected by society. Galaxy round is too innovative. In my opinion samsung was racing with LG. Who releases the weirdo curved phone first lol XD
11. dratomic (Posts: 461; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
as I said in another article we need more miliamper per inch more than dot per inch.:)
13. dratomic (Posts: 461; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
non flammable. .. I'm thinking galaxy condoms
19. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Your girl must be really hot lol
41. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1008; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
there will be no such thing as flex screens as if the glass will bend when you bend it. and all components will,...sd/sdxc card wont bend wiil metal frame bend? no! so no! no no !tired of this flex here flex there nananah welcome to the 21 century...