Samsung forced to "upgrade" some Galaxy smartphones in Europe over Apple lawsuit
1. John (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2011, 06:41 1 0
We can help improve windows phone:
2. som posted on 12 Oct 2011, 06:44 0 0
Samsung must make Galaxy phone look like a grave ornament for Steve Jobs. It will look totally different from iPhone and no more lawsuits.
3. THE_GAME5 posted on 12 Oct 2011, 06:49 0 2
now thats we call wetting the pants in the public.....lol
24. Sniggly posted on 12 Oct 2011, 13:54 3 0
No, it's what we call "fixing an issue so you can keep selling a product your competitor doesn't want you to sell."
What we call wetting the pants in public is what Apple did by throwing all of these lawsuits around.
28. gallitoking posted on 12 Oct 2011, 22:39 0 2
wow... see when you dont cook up numbers... see you could actually be funny....... not... good try though..... you do weddings?
16. AppleFUD (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2011, 09:17 1 0
It's not a big deal.
It's only the "rubber band effect" in galleries that's being changed. And most likely the "patent" will be voided--as the judge said it most likely isn't a valid patent. However it needs to be challenged in a higher court now.
Just one of the 267 "design patents" out of 317 patents with Steve Jobs name on them. . . at least 9 were struck down in this little court endeavor :)
The real big pisser is the venture patent trolls that have nothing anyone can actually sue them back over--that's just total BS = our gadgets are just going to keep getting more costly because of a few billionaires that apparently just don't have enough money yet = pricks!
5. remixfa posted on 12 Oct 2011, 07:01 3 2
easy fix.. just go back to the stock photo viewer app and be done with it. Thats the only thing apple could get on samsung? lol.. i hope that was worth it apple.. lolol.. how many millions in lawyers did you shell out to get the photo app changed?? ha
6. nastynaps posted on 12 Oct 2011, 07:08 2 2
The point of their lawsuits have been the same throughout, to disrupt Samsung's business. They delayed those devices til the launch of the 4S, in that respect they were pretty successful.
10. Jeroen (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2011, 07:17 2 0
Actually they dind't delay those devices at all. They were and still are .available. Trust me i'm from Holland
14. Sony_Timescape (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2011, 08:37 0 0
This is a prove, Sii, The Voice of Holland:
op/product/8596/samsung-i9100-galaxy-s-ii?extras%5B2%5D=124&gclid=CMW k7OGf46sCFYGGDgodMD0etg&intern et=124&plan_id=224&provider_id =22
17. nastynaps posted on 12 Oct 2011, 09:22 0 0
You can get any retail item with limited effort through the internet and black market but on an official scale they were delayed and it did disrupt Samsung's business. They had to battle the lawsuits and couldn't ship the product.
13. ngo2dd posted on 12 Oct 2011, 08:36 0 0
Can't do that Remixfa. It is a stock photo viewer app that got them in trouble. This an Android related one.
15. remixfa posted on 12 Oct 2011, 08:38 1 0
the stock viewer is nothing like apple. Android's native picture viewer is so far ahead of the basic blandness of iOS its not funny. if it were a stock viewer patent problem, they would go directly after google.. or at least hit the other manufacturers with the same lawsuit... since they would obviously have a case.
27. ngo2dd posted on 12 Oct 2011, 18:10 0 0
Really? For someone who act like they know everything, you need to do some more research. Here is one link that prove you wronghttp://www.informationweek.com
I have more if you want. It was on this site
29. gallitoking posted on 12 Oct 2011, 22:43 0 0
thank you.. nice link... chief sniggly is in the kitchen.. already cooking,,,,,
11. person (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2011, 08:24 0 0
actually what they did was to remove the overscroll bounce effect. Its been replaced with a blue glow in 2.3.5 firmware.
12. iamcc posted on 12 Oct 2011, 08:26 5 1
Way to go Apple, can't wait for you to be forced to "upgrade" your antennas.
18. nastynaps posted on 12 Oct 2011, 09:41 3 0
I totally hate the patent wars but man that would be sweet because that's a legitimate claim.
19. aboy (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2011, 09:53 1 0
who is steve jobs ?
20. Jk (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2011, 10:06 0 0
Steve Jobs was the co-founder of Apple.
21. iPear (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2011, 10:33 0 0
i thought god created the apple?
23. henk-jan (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2011, 12:59 0 0
25. Sniggly posted on 12 Oct 2011, 13:55 0 0
Well, I'm glad that Samsung is pushing out that update. They were kinda coming down to the wire on the injunction, as I recall.
26. ZayZay posted on 12 Oct 2011, 17:31 0 0
Is it just me or does that girls hand look huge!! And the phone looks like a tab. Maybe its just the angle this was shot at but damn!