South Korea is the home of the phablet, and Samsung's Note family is its most popular inhabitant
Samsung confirms Korea is the home of the phablet: 10 million Notes sold since launch
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
The note series is just the right size for many, not to small for a phone and not big for a tablet. They deserve this huge response in sales
8. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
True. I just can't understand why competitors make similar devices without including a stylus. It's a must have for many of us and until I see that on other services, the Note series is my only option.
9. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
htc has one-http://www.htc.com/www/accessories/htc-stylus/
but never advertised it and sony uses a pencil for the z ultra but still nothing can beat the s pen on the note series.
18. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
That's the best part of it....If not for andriod note series would be meh..
3. starandmountain (Posts: 53; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
The country i really would like to visit for more than 4 years... hopefully this year^^
4. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
it's funny how people with small hands use bigger phones comfortably but people with big hands keep complaining about big phones...
15. JunitoNH (Posts: 1562; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Is all psychological my amigo. Notice the people whom, are driving oversized pick trucks, usually short people. Is all part of the human experience.
17. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Well you're not goin to handle trucks in hand...it enough if your legs can reach accelerator and brake to drive truck...but when it comes to phablets size of hand matters(not in this case i think)
5. clarkjeferson (Posts: 67; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
Strange. Korea doesn't like Slide-out keyboards?
They need a motorola droid 4 for that.
6. Just.Saying (Posts: 132; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
I want a korean chick.....................
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well, u can go to a Korean restaurant to try one, but most of their dishes are spicy. :P
13. Just.Saying (Posts: 132; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
Well, at least its easy to operate with one hand, A good assistant thats real, not virtual. It has different covers and wont blow up whe YOU PLUG IT INTO THE SOCKET....................
19. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Yea, but too bad she's just gonna be a beauty with no brains...
22. clarkjeferson (Posts: 67; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
Looks like we can go to Taiwan for some Taiwanese girls. Premium looking with the smarts and quiet brilliance of their beauty. :)
7. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
They know what's up. "Too big" is just another Apple creation just like retina display and others, ppl. should use whatever THEY feel comfortable and not what they are told comfortable, and Koreans do so.
11. nasznjoka (Posts: 394; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I gues those divices gotta be sold at a cheap price
12. kylehudsons (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Actually people in Seoul, South Korea has like really fast 4G connection and their phones always comes with extra battery out of the box with a TV antenna... Yes, u guys read correctly... A TV antenna and they watch their favourite drama on the go and always have a spare battery with them... That is why they prefer a bigger screen coz its more convenient to watch movies on it.... Plus people here walks around with earphones in their ears...}
By the way, price of phone here is not cheap.... Unlike US where you guyz can get subsidized gadgets, well here its about 900 USD for the newest product.... Then goes lower by time...
14. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3696; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
There is a trend and they like big phones.
20. DnB925Art (Posts: 897; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Also with the Note, using the S-Pen is great when writing with Asian characters. Much faster than typing, since there are hundredss, if not thousands of different characters.
21. saiki4116 (Posts: 379; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
The first question that hit my mind after observing 10 million sale figure is what is the population of South Korea.