Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets a homebrew Metro UI theme
1. tigermcm (Posts: 607; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
this makes me chuckle.....so many negative opinions on the metro theme but yet we are porting the theme to android?
3. frydaexiii (Posts: 1157; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
There's always a small minority who likes it, but what to keep the functionality of what OS they're using now. Like iOS themes for Android too, who in the right mind would want their phone functions taken away? But nevertheless, there are still people who want that and at least the option is there for them.
5. bloodline (Posts: 686; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Android is about freedom and choices, the option is there to have a metro UI, nothing with that. Its makes android the best OS.
6. DIYguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Feb 2011)
nope not the best os... the choice of doing everything is also why many hate android it's cluttered
7. jczepole (Posts: 17; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Im currently running Launcher 7 on My Bionic and Ive had an Android phone since the G1 first came out. I really dig the Metro UI better than any Android UI out there. ( I have tried alot) It is cleaner and faster and because its Android I can do things with it Windows Phones can not. I would love to see how this theme applies to a Tablet.
8. Cosmo (Posts: 32; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Android is just a plain copycat of pretty much all the OS's out there..