Samsung Galaxy S7 vs S7 Edge: first look
10. xondk (Posts: 1202; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Well happens at all releases, sites/journalists tend to get.....eager.
12. combatmedic870 (Posts: 555; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
Now make the S7 into a nexus and give it USB-C and we would have a perfect phone. The S7 is just....crazy. It has everything!
31. NonFanBoy (Posts: 146; Member since: 28 May 2015)
Rather, improve touch wiz performance (stock android is featureless and boring), include an IR port and USB-C. There we have it, the device that is closest to perfect.
2. Derekjeter (Posts: 810; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Will the SIM card tray allow for Dual sim or will it only allow the SD card and one Sim? And does anyone know if I buy a unlocked version will it get full LTE signal from ATT?
I can't stand the carrier branding that's what I love my Nexus 6p but I hate the USB type c issues I keep coming across. The S7 Edge in silver is looking really good.
4. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
ALL Hybrid slots are Dual sim capable or 1 sim + MicroSD
6. Derekjeter (Posts: 810; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
So can I use a ATT sim and a Verizon Sim on a unlocked version?
8. joeytaylor (Posts: 410; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
I think you need to look and see what frequency the phone is utilizing ...i think you would want the AT&T sim
16. Derekjeter (Posts: 810; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I have ATT but I was just wondering if you could use two different carrier SIMS or does it have to be the same carrier?
18. joeytaylor (Posts: 410; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
Again...from my understanding Verizon uses a different frequency for LTE....i think Verizon and AT&T only cross on one and its few and far between...so tou need to make sure the phone is compatible and i think AT&T.....if anyone else knows more let me know
19. joeytaylor (Posts: 410; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
There was a article a few weeks ago on here that went into detail about all carriers
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 19734; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Good job on what are basically S updates Samsung. The looks are pretty much the same, but the software features/refinements, sd card (for those who like em, I don't), and battery are great. Why no ir blaster and only 32 gigs internal though?
9. Derekjeter (Posts: 810; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
You replacing your Note 5 with any of these new phones?
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 19734; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No sir. Not only could either of these replace my Note 5, I've decided to skip new phones this year. Gotta goal I'm super focused on.
24. bigsimpd (Posts: 67; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
I'm waiting on the IPhone 7 plain and simple want nothing else the design is going to be absolutely gorgeous bro
32. PhoneCritic (Posts: 667; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I hear ya Dark. I too am skipping on all phones this year as I am purchasing my first home and the wife and I have said no to all new items this year.
11. combatmedic870 (Posts: 555; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
Beside the IR and USB-C , I don't think you can shove any more into them! They have....everything with out removing anything(besides IR).
13. xondk (Posts: 1202; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
IR blaster is still present according to other sites, and you can see it on top, on some of the images on this site.
14. combatmedic870 (Posts: 555; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
Then it literally has everything. This is as close to a perfect phone as it gets! It's like a 2016 version of LG G2! 3000mah and everything! Just awesome. I'm going to pre-order. I just don't know which to get and black S7 or a silver S7 edge. Ugh....one to many choices.
15. fyah_king (Posts: 206; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
I am getting that s7 edge in silver. How's your jeep?
27. Fellwalker (Posts: 302; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
Battery is OK but far from great. Great would be 4150 like new HP Elite x3.
7. fyah_king (Posts: 206; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Damn, the camera looks better than last year
17. zeeBomb (Posts: 1779; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)
I think I can see the pattern now. Its like the "S" line for Samsung (odd numbers) in even years, and vice versa for Apple. It's like they take and give specific features for a reason...
21. theo14461 (unregistered)
I figured Samsung would drop the gimmicky edge design by now.
29. Fellwalker (Posts: 302; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
But people buy it! I cannot understand why you'd want to get a bigger screen only to lose bits of it round the side. Anything full screen must look really naff. And I really really don't understand how the edges are actually wide enough for what they claim as edge notifications. Whenever I looked in my local store, they wrapped round on the front.
23. hanabi (Posts: 177; Member since: 08 Oct 2015)
camera bump gone, better battery, water resistance well enuf
25. Tarox (Posts: 103; Member since: 17 Feb 2015)
Damnnnnnn.... Thats problably as close to the perfect phone as it can get in year 2016... Will be interesting to see the salesnumbers of that beast.
26. XaErO (Posts: 302; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
S7 and S7 Edge appears to be near perfect phones .. Good Job Samsung !!
However, the 4:3 ratio ?? I would anytime prefer to be as 16:9 !!
28. Fellwalker (Posts: 302; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
Which 4:3 ratio?
QUOTE : The screens? They are gorgeous: both the 5.1" S7 and 5.5" S7 Edge are Super AMOLED with Quad HD (1440 x 2560) resolution.
30. Supersonic (Posts: 172; Member since: 15 May 2015)
Very funny writer. Tried to compare this phone with Apple 6S, when it is so obvious that Iphone 6S is no match for this phone.