Samsung Galaxy S5's IP67 certification gets questioned, holds water
2. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Even if it is certified for immersion, only an idiot will dunk this into water. Military grade equiptments have warranties for water damage.
3. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
I love the idea of waterproof or water ressitant phone but most of its protection will be use in emergency or unexpected situations like rain or dropping the phone in water.
5. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
and this, my friends, is what you call talking to oneself
24. buccob (Posts: 2512; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Here... Idiot me, enjoying my waterproof Xperia on the beach .
4. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Correction: Even military grade equiptments don't have warraties for water damage.
P.S. PHONE ARENAS EDIT BUTTON DISAPPERS ALMOST IMMEDIATELY.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10437; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It disappears after 240 seconds, which is more than enough time (most of the time) to find your mistake and edit your post.
12. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
I really doubt that since I've been listening to a 3 minute music while writing the first two and tried to edit the first one before the music stop.
23. buccob (Posts: 2512; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
So taking the risk of using my Xperia Acro S in the pool and beach to take pictures of my son makes me an idiot, according to you...
Generalizations are not good mate. I have been using my phone in the pool, beach (snorkeling), shower, rain, etc.. for over a year now... and the fact that I have always been careful, and I frequently check the flaps, rubber sealing and casing to be safe... does not count? I also apply a small ammount of rubber vaseline to the sealing to prevent cracks and dryness...
I bought this phone for those exact purposes, and to replace a broken Waterproof Olympus Point 'n Shoot Camera... If the phone wouldn't have met my needs I would have bought a different one already.
My point is that the only Idiot here is the one who generalize or stereotype people...
30. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
What the hell Phone Arena! I got another warning letter from you while others here are posting far more offensive than mine. Here is a good idea. Let the readers vote to that if my post is offensive.
34. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Wait, what was offensive about your comments on this article? I see far more offensive comments from other people on the regular than what you posted here...
36. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Write offensive, no problem but dont use a word start from "i"... understand?
44. buccob (Posts: 2512; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
except iPhone or iDevices... they love those "i" words
22. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
then go buy the Z ,,, it's virtually the same phone as the Z2 .. at least both look the same .. And it's dirt cheap now
26. mokhtar (Posts: 405; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
s-force speakers , 3gb , 20 MP , waterproof , best build quality , best screen in a smartphone ever , YOUR GS5 CANT BEAT THAT BRO ;)
27. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Don't troll, Z2 is leaps and bounds better than the Z. Camera, speaker, display, all of these things are a world better on the Z2.
40. romeo1 (Posts: 706; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
I think its time for you to go to the optician
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3717; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
But still we can put waterproof phones into the water once in a while. It's always nice to have something additional. Helpful when sudden drops into water and rainy season.
17. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Waterproofing has never been an addition yet. More like a subtraction.
You get waterproofing for the one time you need it in a year. I live in Vancouver and it rains a lot and I have never needed it once.
You lose flap free ports, slim compact size and bezels, and you lose sound quality from the speakers.
Sounds more like a subtraction to me....
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10437; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Z2 doesn't lose quality from its speakers let me tell you.
19. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They do, we will just never know good they would have sound without blanketing them with something to keep the water out.
I didn't say they can't sound good, just worse than they would have.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10437; Member since: 14 May 2012)
From what I've read so far, they're slightly better than the HTC One...
21. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3717; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
It depends upon likes and varies from person to person. Some prefer bezels some not, flaps too are good against dust and losing sound quality from the speakers is not necessary, example is Z2.
35. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
The bezels are a perfectly fair trade off to me for IP-certification, the Z2 seems to have excellent speakers from everything I've seen and they even made the headphone jack waterproof this time... I think that for slightly bigger bezels on the sides that is a fair trade. Just like the bigger bezels on the top and bottom are a fair trade for stereo speakers to me.
28. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Samsung is a big joke. Can't wait for all the complaints when people take this into the shower or swim with it.
33. tedkord (Posts: 10292; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yes, people who take this phone into water are certainly going to complain based on the fact that every review so far has shown it to live up to its certification.
37. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1989; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
doesnt swim long like Z2 BUT it can eat dust longer...lol
38. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Welcome the new Galaxy T5 (Titanic!!)
Typical Samsung always cheating..
41. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
they promise things they cant keep after..
by sure during the first waterproof tests it will sink!!
and in general they try to cheat, like with the benchmark tests.
42. christophersalse (Posts: 99; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
What do you mean by "sink"? Heavy objects sink. How can they cheat at water resistance? Are you a troll or just stupid?