Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition render apparently leaked
While we still don’t know if Samsung will eventually launch a Galaxy S5 GPE, a render that allegedly shows this variant of the flagship smartphone was posted today by @evleaks. The weird thing about it is that it has both hardware, and software navigation keys. Unlike the regular Galaxy S5, which runs Android 4.4 KitKat with Samsung’s TouchWiz UX on top of it, the Google Play Edition obviously runs stock Android KitKat (with a stock Android launcher).
A similar Galaxy S5 (with both hardware and software buttons) is currently being showed by Google on the official Android website, among other Google Play Edition handsets. So, as absurd as this may be, perhaps this is what the S5 GPE will offer, indeed: two sets of navigation buttons.
When (and if) the Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition will be released, it will probably cost $600 or more - since it's going to be sold unlocked. Let’s hope it won’t be long until we find out more about this.
Update: @evleaks posted another Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition render that doesn't show software navigation keys (this might be the real deal, folks):
1. TisaTsir (Posts: 57; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
the front facing camera is placed in different position with s5.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8225; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No it isn't. That's where the FFC is located.
2. byczybyk (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
erm it leaked back in april ... sammytoday.com/news/first-sign-of-galaxy-s5-google-play-edition.html
3. brar.arsh (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Fake, on screen buttons and physical buttons both on a sammy? Don't think so.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8225; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Obvious things like this seem to pass PA. Home button = fingerprint scanner.
7. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I lol'd after looking at this picture XD. On screen buttons + capacitive touch buttons lol this is the dumbest fake I have ever seen
4. Antimio (Posts: 190; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
I can do a render of the same phone with a front image of a Galaxy S5, a Vanilla screenshot and MS Paint.
8. Reynolds1 (Posts: 32; Member since: 17 Jun 2014)
Yo dog, I heard you like navigation but- .... ahh nevermind
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8225; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Finally PA posts the real deal. I see five bars of signal in that picture.
11. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That doesn't mean anything though.
10. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That has to be the cleanest interface I've seen on a galaxy phone.
13. AtheK (Posts: 28; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
what is so special in posting a renderer, looks the run of mill another galaxy phone, and that interface can be photoshopped on any phone in this world.
14. fzacek (Posts: 1623; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
The S5 GPE is going to be a beast if it is released. Beautiful software and amazing hardware, this could be the best phone of 2014 IMO...
16. PowTheBowl (Posts: 82; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Z2 GPE would be better :) if there's gonna be one
17. fzacek (Posts: 1623; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Z2 GPE would be pretty awesome too. I just don't like it's big top and bottom bezels and rectangular shape...