Samsung Galaxy S IV release date set for April 2013, may feature an "unbreakable" screen
The thing is that this latest rumor suggests that Samsung will be looking to release the Galaxy S IV in April 2013 - a month earlier than the Galaxy S III, which was launched in May this year. The sources do not bother to explain why they think so, but on the other hand, they let us know that Samsung might have a secret weapon in the works for the GS IV. It seems that the so-called Project J (codename for the GS IV) may come with a new type of screen, which is being referred to as "unbreakable". We have absolutely no idea how this "breakthrough" unbreakable screen has been achieved, but if this really turns out to be true, then it will be one great selling point for the Galaxy S IV.
In addition, the sources confirm our expectations of a larger and higher-resolution screen, possibly one with pixel density of 441 ppi - a big upgrade compared to the Galaxy S III's 306 ppi. If the GS IV indeed has a 441 ppi screen, then it's safe to say that it will probably feature a 5" display with 1080p resolution - same as the recently launched HTC DROID DNA for Verizon Wireless.
With such an amazing screen, if Samsung has really managed to make it unbreakable, we have no other option but to get super-excited about this eventual April release of the Galaxy S IV!
1. tiara6918 posted on 06 Dec 2012, 04:06 27
Maybe it'll feature that flexible amoled screen sammy has been working on, can't wait to see that!
4. phil2n posted on 06 Dec 2012, 04:12 32
wow unbreakable screen... Im waiting also for the S IV to destroy that F**^ng BLENDER
59. gwuhua1984 posted on 06 Dec 2012, 10:25 7
If screen is flexible, it may become unbreakable.
66. KingKurogiii posted on 06 Dec 2012, 13:33 4
you were saying?
if it can take a hammer like that, it can sufficiently handle most of what can happen to your smartphone.
69. darac posted on 06 Dec 2012, 14:17 2
That's what I'm talking about!
But they'll probably put a glass on top of it, to prevent bending and scratching
76. gwuhua1984 posted on 06 Dec 2012, 17:50 0
I still can't get used to your new avatar...
79. KingKurogiii posted on 06 Dec 2012, 18:27 0
xD i used to always have a Wallace Avatar.
90. tpranta posted on 09 Dec 2012, 02:04 0
Does it mean it is scratch resistant too?
75. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 06 Dec 2012, 17:18 4
Mxyzptlk, I wonder if you comment on here just to piss everybody off. were all excited here about a device and get just had to kill the buzz. How about this you in br*d swine, grow up and come back when can play with the big boys.
96. legokangpalla posted on 12 Dec 2012, 06:22 0
Except for....time, f**k I don't know.
Well if it comes to that, I guess it would be irrelevant.
53. sid07desai posted on 06 Dec 2012, 08:31 8
besides the screen, people would really appreciate a better build quality. they should try something other than plastic.
68. darac posted on 06 Dec 2012, 14:15 5
The build quality of a product is so much more than a sturdy material.
A tank can be complete fail regarding an overall quality
no matter how hard armor you put on it.
Anyway, the S3 is an excellent quality product (apart from being prone to screen cracking at a certain angle of impact )
70. KingKurogiii posted on 06 Dec 2012, 16:43 0
yeah, a tank is only as tough as the nuts and bolts holding it together.
22. KingKurogiii posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:12 7
i'm pretty sure the unbreakable display IS Samsung's flexible YOMU Display or whatever it's called.
67. KingKurogiii posted on 06 Dec 2012, 13:34 5
now why are we thumbing me down?
73. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 06 Dec 2012, 16:59 3
hahaha.......good stuff king :)
93. Airforce posted on 10 Dec 2012, 12:20 1
you know Apple should better watch their backs..because the American market might fully SUBSCRIBE for Samsung's breakthrough phone..SIV..lets see if APPLE will sue Samsung again for Copyright or patents or Infringement
2. redmd posted on 06 Dec 2012, 04:07 2
I'll wait for the next generation of galaxy note. another big winner from Samsung I guess.
3. pokharkarsaga posted on 06 Dec 2012, 04:10 15
This time we dont want saturated colors but accurate colors with details like True HD IPS panel and some real innovation in camera section like lumia 920.
5. redmd posted on 06 Dec 2012, 04:12 4
I think the real innovation should be the pureview 808.
17. groupsacc posted on 06 Dec 2012, 04:54 15
Don't understand why people are fussed about the "saturated colours". You can change that in Display Profile setting to make it less "saturated", or if you are an overly colour sensitive psychopath you can use an adjustment app to change the RGB profiles.
The screens are "saturated" only because of the factory samsung settings.
25. doejon posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:29 2
we will see an camera improvement cuz sammy is already massproducing
his own camerasensor
72. bluescreen posted on 06 Dec 2012, 16:59 0
how do u know if " sammy" is male or female....awaiting further conformation
97. legokangpalla posted on 12 Dec 2012, 06:29 0
My friend got a self-photo of him taken by iPhone 5 with IPS retina whatever.
He took a photo of me with my phone which was Galaxy Note 2.
Now, FYI I have a premature grey hair, nothing to be proud of, but obvious as hell.
It is shame to say my grey hair was indistinguishable with his dark hair on IPS
Your point is? I like the vivid HDR like color of AMOLED displays much better than the washed out, too bright, like an over exposed photo feel of most IPS screens.
6. maier9900 posted on 06 Dec 2012, 04:18 4
My preferred screen size is 4".... It really sucks that every time they come out with a new device they have to increase the screen size. But 4" is my preference and everybody has their own too. And i would love an unbreakable screen... hurry up samsung. !
61. BadAssAbe posted on 06 Dec 2012, 10:55 0
instead of wanting a 4in phone you should say you want a phone with a really thin form and size
7. OpTiMuS_BlAcK posted on 06 Dec 2012, 04:31 6
Have they found out how to turn 3310s into glass? o_O
8. leondarsh posted on 06 Dec 2012, 04:36 0
I would love to have 4.5" screen, camera like nokia pure view 808, bettery like motorola droid razr maxx, True RGB matrix, front facing camera with flash light.... Bring it on sammy. I'll save my money for next Samsung galaxy IV....
9. goojman posted on 06 Dec 2012, 04:40 24
Once you get a screen size like the Note 2 its really hard to go back to anything smaller..
39. aveese posted on 06 Dec 2012, 07:09 7
44. kboo1995 posted on 06 Dec 2012, 07:40 5
71. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 06 Dec 2012, 16:57 1
13. someones4 posted on 06 Dec 2012, 04:47 1
Samsung is making its first steps to take the 'unbreakable' claim from nokia. i hope it supports wireless charging. And a nice 1080p 5-inch screen. That should be the least Samsung should be able to offer.
80. someones4 posted on 06 Dec 2012, 18:38 0
Perhaps in the states.. At my place, the people doesn't even know what is wireless charging.
What i mean is that they make wireless charging the default choice.
47. SleepingOz posted on 06 Dec 2012, 07:48 1
Dude, the one that relaunch the wireless charging trend is actually Samsung, with the GSIII.
15. Thephonegeek posted on 06 Dec 2012, 04:49 4
It will feature a flexible screem but idiot newspapers say that it will be a flexible phone. Like a phone is made of rubber. Hahaha.
18. jrandolf posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:02 0
i'm confused what to buy . a galaxy note 2 or this upcoming beast .
26. doejon posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:31 3
lol than better save money for note 3 xD
and soooo on...
28. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:37 3
Or wait for S5 or N4
30. leondarsh posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:42 2
If u can wait for another 1 year than go ahead... But i can't wait.. I m using samsung galaxy S2 (T-mobile) and as soon as S IV comes out, i m goona buy it....
74. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 06 Dec 2012, 16:59 0
It's impossible to keep up with Android™®©
82. AWiseGuy posted on 06 Dec 2012, 19:07 0
Keep in mind that the GSIV probably won't have an S-pen, so as to keep the Note line separate from the S line. If that's important to you, get the Note 2. If not, then wait for the SIV. I'm betting on (but hoping against) the GSIV having a PenTile screen, which I really don't like. At such high pixel densities, it probably won't matter, but I still think it would be even nicer to have a screen with 3 subpixels per pixel, be it S-Stripe or regular RGB stripe.
21. big.e927 posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:05 12
Samsung is a brand of true innovation, so much, that no matter what they make, they breed haters. And speaking of haters, this is no place for the iSheep who are cr@pple, so kindly get your asses out of here. :p
60. archangel9 posted on 06 Dec 2012, 10:26 0
Well said my friend.But does anyone has a idea of what it truly looks like?
23. jackhammeR posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:14 1
give it to me..I will destroy it within seconds:)
24. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:29 2
Phew April is the month of my birthday!! Samsung keeps innovating over years whereas apple is playing catching up game
Key lime pie please come to my gnex
29. vangough posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:38 0
I hope they are not preparing for April Fool's Day lol