Samsung Galaxy S IV release date set for April 2013, may feature an "unbreakable" screen
The thing is that this latest rumor suggests that Samsung will be looking to release the Galaxy S IV in April 2013 - a month earlier than the Galaxy S III, which was launched in May this year. The sources do not bother to explain why they think so, but on the other hand, they let us know that Samsung might have a secret weapon in the works for the GS IV. It seems that the so-called Project J (codename for the GS IV) may come with a new type of screen, which is being referred to as "unbreakable". We have absolutely no idea how this "breakthrough" unbreakable screen has been achieved, but if this really turns out to be true, then it will be one great selling point for the Galaxy S IV.
In addition, the sources confirm our expectations of a larger and higher-resolution screen, possibly one with pixel density of 441 ppi - a big upgrade compared to the Galaxy S III's 306 ppi. If the GS IV indeed has a 441 ppi screen, then it's safe to say that it will probably feature a 5" display with 1080p resolution - same as the recently launched HTC DROID DNA for Verizon Wireless.
With such an amazing screen, if Samsung has really managed to make it unbreakable, we have no other option but to get super-excited about this eventual April release of the Galaxy S IV!
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1696; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Maybe it'll feature that flexible amoled screen sammy has been working on, can't wait to see that!
4. phil2n (Posts: 478; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
wow unbreakable screen... Im waiting also for the S IV to destroy that F**^ng BLENDER
59. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
If screen is flexible, it may become unbreakable.
66. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you were saying?
if it can take a hammer like that, it can sufficiently handle most of what can happen to your smartphone.
69. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That's what I'm talking about!
But they'll probably put a glass on top of it, to prevent bending and scratching
76. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I still can't get used to your new avatar...
79. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
xD i used to always have a Wallace Avatar.
75. metalpoet (unregistered)
Mxyzptlk, I wonder if you comment on here just to piss everybody off. were all excited here about a device and get just had to kill the buzz. How about this you in br*d swine, grow up and come back when can play with the big boys.
96. legokangpalla (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Except for....time, f**k I don't know.
Well if it comes to that, I guess it would be irrelevant.
53. sid07desai (Posts: 285; Member since: 03 May 2012)
besides the screen, people would really appreciate a better build quality. they should try something other than plastic.
68. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The build quality of a product is so much more than a sturdy material.
A tank can be complete fail regarding an overall quality
no matter how hard armor you put on it.
Anyway, the S3 is an excellent quality product (apart from being prone to screen cracking at a certain angle of impact )
70. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, a tank is only as tough as the nuts and bolts holding it together.
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm pretty sure the unbreakable display IS Samsung's flexible YOMU Display or whatever it's called.
67. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
now why are we thumbing me down?
73. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
hahaha.......good stuff king :)
93. Airforce (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
you know Apple should better watch their backs..because the American market might fully SUBSCRIBE for Samsung's breakthrough phone..SIV..lets see if APPLE will sue Samsung again for Copyright or patents or Infringement
104. MichaelCris (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
Oh surely will be equipped with AIRBAGS xxxx
2. redmd (Posts: 928; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I'll wait for the next generation of galaxy note. another big winner from Samsung I guess.
3. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
This time we dont want saturated colors but accurate colors with details like True HD IPS panel and some real innovation in camera section like lumia 920.
5. redmd (Posts: 928; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I think the real innovation should be the pureview 808.
17. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Don't understand why people are fussed about the "saturated colours". You can change that in Display Profile setting to make it less "saturated", or if you are an overly colour sensitive psychopath you can use an adjustment app to change the RGB profiles.
The screens are "saturated" only because of the factory samsung settings.
25. doejon (Posts: 360; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
we will see an camera improvement cuz sammy is already massproducing
his own camerasensor
72. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
how do u know if " sammy" is male or female....awaiting further conformation
97. legokangpalla (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
My friend got a self-photo of him taken by iPhone 5 with IPS retina whatever.
He took a photo of me with my phone which was Galaxy Note 2.
Now, FYI I have a premature grey hair, nothing to be proud of, but obvious as hell.
It is shame to say my grey hair was indistinguishable with his dark hair on IPS
Your point is? I like the vivid HDR like color of AMOLED displays much better than the washed out, too bright, like an over exposed photo feel of most IPS screens.
6. maier9900 (Posts: 272; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
My preferred screen size is 4".... It really sucks that every time they come out with a new device they have to increase the screen size. But 4" is my preference and everybody has their own too. And i would love an unbreakable screen... hurry up samsung. !
61. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
instead of wanting a 4in phone you should say you want a phone with a really thin form and size
7. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Have they found out how to turn 3310s into glass? o_O
8. leondarsh (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
I would love to have 4.5" screen, camera like nokia pure view 808, bettery like motorola droid razr maxx, True RGB matrix, front facing camera with flash light.... Bring it on sammy. I'll save my money for next Samsung galaxy IV....
9. goojman (Posts: 56; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Once you get a screen size like the Note 2 its really hard to go back to anything smaller..
44. kboo1995 (unregistered)
43. SleepingOz (unregistered)
10. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
April? PERFECT! Damn now I cant wait!
12. android_hitman (Posts: 698; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
OMG! no phones for me these holidays .. ..
13. someones4 (Posts: 619; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Samsung is making its first steps to take the 'unbreakable' claim from nokia. i hope it supports wireless charging. And a nice 1080p 5-inch screen. That should be the least Samsung should be able to offer.
42. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Even the S3 supports wireless charging
80. someones4 (Posts: 619; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Perhaps in the states.. At my place, the people doesn't even know what is wireless charging.
What i mean is that they make wireless charging the default choice.
47. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Dude, the one that relaunch the wireless charging trend is actually Samsung, with the GSIII.
15. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
It will feature a flexible screem but idiot newspapers say that it will be a flexible phone. Like a phone is made of rubber. Hahaha.
18. jrandolf (Posts: 22; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
i'm confused what to buy . a galaxy note 2 or this upcoming beast .
19. leondarsh (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Save ur money for next Samsung galaxy S IV...
26. doejon (Posts: 360; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
lol than better save money for note 3 xD
and soooo on...
30. leondarsh (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
If u can wait for another 1 year than go ahead... But i can't wait.. I m using samsung galaxy S2 (T-mobile) and as soon as S IV comes out, i m goona buy it....
74. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's impossible to keep up with Android™®©
82. AWiseGuy (Posts: 68; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Keep in mind that the GSIV probably won't have an S-pen, so as to keep the Note line separate from the S line. If that's important to you, get the Note 2. If not, then wait for the SIV. I'm betting on (but hoping against) the GSIV having a PenTile screen, which I really don't like. At such high pixel densities, it probably won't matter, but I still think it would be even nicer to have a screen with 3 subpixels per pixel, be it S-Stripe or regular RGB stripe.
21. big.e927 (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Samsung is a brand of true innovation, so much, that no matter what they make, they breed haters. And speaking of haters, this is no place for the iSheep who are cr@pple, so kindly get your asses out of here. :p
60. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
Well said my friend.But does anyone has a idea of what it truly looks like?
23. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
give it to me..I will destroy it within seconds:)
24. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Phew April is the month of my birthday!! Samsung keeps innovating over years whereas apple is playing catching up game
Key lime pie please come to my gnex
29. vangough (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Dec 2012)
I hope they are not preparing for April Fool's Day lol