Samsung Galaxy S IV concept drools on the possibilities of the next big thing
Some of the features like an even lighter and slimmer body seem possible, others like the laser-projected keyboard we’re plain tired of seeing - it’s not going to happen, folks.
Before we start commenting, though, you’d better first take a look at the specs and the beautifully produced concept video below. Here are the wishful specs for this S IV specs:
- 1080p Grand AMOLED Display
- 13-megapixel camera
- 2.0GHz 4 Quad processor
- Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie
- “the most thinnest one, much thinner than Galaxy S3 & iPhone 5”
- “projection Laser keyboard dock included”
The only thing that seems like a lock is the 1080p display. Looking at all other manufacturers, it almost seems like a sure fact that Samsung will also have to use a 5-inch 1080p display to be relevant.
A Samsung Exynos 5 processor also is almost certain to be inside the handset, and we’d bet on a quad-core version, if only because of the buzz word that quad-core has become. 2.0GHz, though? We doubt it as it’d be too much of a hit on the battery.
And when it comes to the camera sensor, having a 13-megapixel one definitely won’t solve anyone’s problems, what matters is the quality of the camera.
With all that, we have to admit that the concept is really beautifully made and it’s worth a look, if just for that. What are your wishes and expectations for the Samsung Galaxy S IV?
via Android Authority
12. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 27 Dec 2012, 06:38 9
Good job, the render looks great but there are a few points I want to add:
- I would like SS to use the same minimalistic look like N4 and get rid of the physical home key.
- The phone should not be that thin or it will be very difficult to handle, and more battery will not do any harm.
- We of course want KLP but this is unrealistic as this phone is not a Nexus, KLP may come later but not at the time of release.
55. D.Aceveda posted on 27 Dec 2012, 16:17 1
agreed with everything you just said. I think screen size should remain 4.8inches. Phones need to stop getting bigger and taller and judging by this render the s4 will be much taller than the s3. The s3 is big enough IMO
66. whysoserious posted on 28 Dec 2012, 03:38 1
The only downside of this is the bezel-less concept. The base of my thumb always accidentally touches a part of the screen whenever I try to reach out the furthest opposite side of the screen of my S3. I wish Samsung would stick on the current size of the S3 and not make it any more bigger as well.
4. kombinatonz posted on 27 Dec 2012, 06:09 14
The word inovation means "Samsung". GS3 was and still a huge success. Can you imagine if this truly is the GS4.... Samsung can take my money!
5. tiara6918 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 06:11 17
"projection Laser keyboard dock included" it seems something possible for sammy to make but I would expect it to be sold seperately
6. Nathan_ingx posted on 27 Dec 2012, 06:13 4
Well, renders and speculations are always better than the real thing.
8. Berzerk000 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 06:19 12
I usually hate concepts... It just looks like someone stretched out a GS3. The laser keyboard is actually possible though, and would be pretty cool. Just please, Samsung, give us a better looking device! No more glossy polycarbonate.
22. Cynipap999 (banned) posted on 27 Dec 2012, 07:57 1
iPhone 5 has nothing to do with it as, any Samsung phone also works whilst off iWiFi.
More like: Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III hybrid with a splash of the Galaxy Camera!!
11. cripton805 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 06:37 0
You dont need a dock for the laser keyboard. Allow it to be in landscape mode and have a stand.
13. marchels14 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 06:51 1
Looked like fat iphone with top and bottom parts from iphone,looks good but if something is made like this then apple will sue.
14. bayusuputra posted on 27 Dec 2012, 06:56 4
is it only me or anyone else feels that in the future, our hands could get cut by phones that are getting thinner?
15. ajac09 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 06:59 4
Stop posting this fan made crap and give us a real concept.
16. yeminswe posted on 27 Dec 2012, 07:07 1
It's really like iPhone design. Not only the upper and bottom parts are similar but also camera and speaker positions are similar.If Samsung made like this , I think Apple will sue again.
18. Valdomero posted on 27 Dec 2012, 07:21 0
a borderless S4? looks sweet!, I hope it has at least a 4,5" screen.
19. darac posted on 27 Dec 2012, 07:22 7
I will pass on the S4 because S3 works just fine for me.
That said, here's what I'd love to see in the S4:
- 5'' amoled
- no change in dimensions
- at least 2800mah battery
- 22nm octacore A15 CPU and powerVR 6 series/Mali 658 GPU
- carbon fiber frame and dragontrail screen glass
- waterproof body
- significantly better camera with dual flash
- shock resistant construction
25. Cynipap999 (banned) posted on 27 Dec 2012, 08:07 4
Dude, what you want is a time travel machine; buy a De Lorean!
38. half_21 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 09:48 0
Yeah..but except for the octacore one...i don't think they would jump straight to an octacore a15 cpu..maybe for a tablet but not yet on a phone...and if samsung follow everything u said, that phone would cost more than the overpriced phone called.........hmmm, forgot the name... Oh yeah i remembered, its the phone called the iphone, hahaha!
40. darac posted on 27 Dec 2012, 10:32 1
Yeah, I meant the 8 core big little combination.. but now I realize that's the A50 + A8 one.
It is built with phones in mind specifically and will draw less power than the classic quadcore solution.
Alright, I guess the Exynos 5540 can be placed on that wishlist then.
As for the price.. well the use of carbon fiber could be reserved for the premium series while the base model could have magnesium frame or something.
I think the galaxy s line' image is at the point where it can add a little price and still be met with an increase in demand.
It only makes sense actually.
72. Raymond_htc posted on 03 Jan 2013, 08:42 0
Octacore??? Wow hey, that's tooo far fetched. at least a hex-core (6 cored) phone will be in around 2015.
21. android78 (unregistered) posted on 27 Dec 2012, 07:50 1
Awesome, unbelievable looking android phone, but the music makes me sad and almost brings tears to my eyes. LOL
23. jove39 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 08:04 2
(S3 is) and (S4 will be) Awesome phone one can buy :)
24. Cynipap999 (banned) posted on 27 Dec 2012, 08:04 0
PhoneArena finally gets something right - projected keyboard (to type); technically, impossible.
Nonetheless, it adds a little 'je ne sais quoi' to the production!!
26. israinwet posted on 27 Dec 2012, 08:08 0
This video was a miss with me. I'm not sold by the laser projection keyboard. It was definitely cool and impressive, but just like pop up play, I don't see it enhancing the typing experience for touchscreens.
27. rickywinataa posted on 27 Dec 2012, 08:08 0
i don't think samsung should use 5" with physical home button, they should use on screen button because it allow the device to be smaller and also 5" is just way too tall, it's better to use the whole 5" to watch videos but use around 4.7- 4.8" for daily use.
the laser keyboard dock is very possible nowadays, it would bring apple users drooling !
29. Cynipap999 (banned) posted on 27 Dec 2012, 08:15 0
So, you like to use 'the whole 5 inches'?
28. jpkelly05 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 08:13 0
I actually thought the concept was boring but understand, I want to see the real thing.
Instead of the "LAZER" keyboard, I would rather have the LEAP motion input device installed.
I also don't want polycarb gloss look. But a Burgundy/honey looking device would be nice.
I am sure it will have Android 4.2.1.
The 5 inch screen hopefully will be edge to edge... otherwise it may be too big for my hands.
I like my home menu home and back buttons on my e4gt gs2 and would like to see them back or something like the nexus no physical buttons. don't care for GS3 or note2 buttons, as they make me think of the Apple products.
I would like to see more information on the cameras sensors when the specs come out.
31. Einstein333 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 08:22 1
All I want is a Galaxy phone that is not made of cheap plastic!!
32. protozeloz posted on 27 Dec 2012, 08:25 0
Not gonna happen tho, also. Please Samsung I hope you remove the buttons this time
33. sdevo555 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 08:27 1
simply put just beautiful.....i agree with P/A though dont know about the projection keyboard.....Still.....I LIIIKE IT.....cant wait to see it but will wait for the note version.....
35. bculp83 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 08:49 0
They wouldn't release it with a newer version of Android until Google announces it.
37. sonisoe posted on 27 Dec 2012, 09:33 0
this stunning look or otherwise, if it cant match my galaxy note2 battery life, i wont upgrade....
39. KingKurogiii posted on 27 Dec 2012, 10:28 0
lol, 1080p Grand AMOLED Display. xD
i hope the real SIV looks nothing close to this.
i hope Samsung devises a new design philosophy instead of following the "nature" theme from this past year. people weren't too crazy about it. let's go with a theme that makes it exude quality and durability.
also i'm pretty sure this time the members of Samsung's design team that wanted virtual function keys will have their way this time so goodbye dumb home button. i really don't like using the buttons on the SIII.
44. remixfa posted on 27 Dec 2012, 11:23 3
not crazy about it? Its still outselling the iphone5. Samsung will follow the money like any good company so most likely you will see more "nature" designs.
46. gwuhua1984 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 11:38 2
I don't think people were buying the S3 for it's design tho. Everybody were crazy about the specs, but not too many are fond about the actual design.
70. downphoenix posted on 31 Dec 2012, 20:05 0
They why did they buy it over say, the One X/Evo 4G LTE? The specs were practically identical between the phones.
73. gwuhua1984 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 10:28 1
SGS3 benchmarked higher. Batter life last longer. There's plenty there that the specs doesn't tell you. Not to mentioned marketing, how much commercial did you see with One X/Evo 4G LTE on it? SGS3 is the most talked about phone when One X was being released, it was the most anticipated handset of the year. Look at the SGS4 now, it's not even out yet and the specs are being rumored. You don't see this kind of excitement from people regarding HTC devices.
74. KingKurogiii posted on 03 Jan 2013, 10:39 0
HTC never made those devices nearly as appealing as Samsung has with their Galaxy phones. between the Galaxy S's brand reputation as being the best Android handsets, software features, powerful hardware and excellent marketing the SIII was poised for success even before it's release. the design was a miss but many people accept it because it's the Galaxy SIII.
75. gwuhua1984 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 11:29 1
"the design was a miss but many people accept it because it's the Galaxy SIII."
That's the perfect way to put it. Hey... doesn't it kind of sound like how it is with the company with a bitten fruit as a logo?
76. KingKurogiii posted on 03 Jan 2013, 14:04 0
yeaaaah, it does but you said it, not me! xD
52. KingKurogiii posted on 27 Dec 2012, 13:06 0
excuse me remixfa but the design is most certainly not the selling point of the SIII for most people. the Galaxy SII crossed a threshold in sales and popularity that allowed it's successor to sell itself from just the brand, the SIII is a nice phone but if you'll recall from the announcement the design was a complete disappointment but you may be right about Samsung deciding to rekindle the success of the SIII by following the same recipe with the SIV.
71. downphoenix posted on 31 Dec 2012, 20:06 0
The design is very good. Granted I do have a beef with the screen that samsung uses (namely how its SUPER prone to minor scratches) but otherwise the design is great.
42. alila2 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 10:54 0
i just hope Samsung stick with the 4.8 screen and work on decreasing the bezel other wise the phone will lose its purpose as a phone and will be more like a new phablet , i wish instead they work on a better battery life and please get rid of the physical button its so flip phone function.
47. ajoshi3413 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 11:42 0
battery battery battery !!!! 5100, or 5500 mAh. battery battery battery
48. cripton805 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 11:51 2
NONO NO. Adding a bigger battery is the lazy way to make the juice last longer. Make it 10x more efficient instead! Smaller batteries that last as long as the larger batteries on the older phones.
49. torr310 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 12:03 0
“the most thinnest one, much thinner than Galaxy S3 & iPhone 5”
I just want to make sure it won't bend easily when placed in my pants pocket when I sit down.