Samsung Galaxy S III placeholder tops AnTuTu benchmark charts
33. cheetah2k (Posts: 1178; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
So, the rear camera is a 1200 MP? is that like 1.2GigaPixel bwahaha...
3. jordan30589 (Posts: 15; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
You're wrong there, the 4212 it's the 32nm version of the 45nm dual core 4210 in the Galaxy S2. The quad core version of the 4212 its the 4412.
18. android_hitman (unregistered)
sorry mate but your wrong
"The Exynos 4 Quad, also known as the Exynos 4212 (previously as the 4412)"
20. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1388; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I'm not sure where you got that from, but tha's not what Samsung themselves are telling:
4412 is the "Exynos 4 Quad"
4212 is the "Exynos 4 Dual 32nm"
It has also been changed in Wikipedia:
It seems that they are changing the way to name chips.
26. saiki4116 (Posts: 375; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
"The Exynos 4 Quad, also known as the Exynos 4212 (previously as the 4412), packs two times the number of cores as the Exynos 4 Dual (Exynos 4210) that you find in the Galaxy S II but due to the new 32nm processor is said to be 20 percent more efficient."
Might be a change of name at the 11th hour
4. fxymps1 (Posts: 10; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
200megapixel !! Is this written or i am alone !!
5. jordan30589 (Posts: 15; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
It's actually 2mp front and 12mp on the back, its shown in some kinda decimal form or something.
7. Fayeznoor (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
200 Megepixel = 2mp front facing camera, 1200 megapxels = 12mp read camera
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Another unknown is whether the U.S. edition gets the S3 for LTE compatibility.... If the U.S. gets the S3 version, that will be one huge disappointment. :-(
8. jordan30589 (Posts: 15; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
It's actually the s4, I don't think you want the out dated and slow s3.
9. xenonn1 (Posts: 19; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
1gb ram memory? s**t just got real..at least 1.2/4 sammy.
10. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
well, my HTC One X also had a higher score than the Transformer Prime, but why didn't it get a placeholder? Proof -http://yfrog.com/z/oc7hzqzj
12. WrussS (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
samsung making add for it self. With this s**tty specs sgs3 don't want to make a fool oneself
16. hung2900 (Posts: 890; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
In your photo:
- The length of One X: 67 mm
- The length of TF201: 63 mm
=> Antutu benchmark of tf201 in Antutu list: 10561.
In the photo of this article:
- The length of GS3: 27.5 mm
- The length of TF201: 23 mm
=> Antutu benchmark of GS3: 12627 with Exynos 4212 1.4 GHz
19. babyk (Posts: 266; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
score is based on many things not only processor
15. jordan30589 (Posts: 15; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
You sure? Because I see the S3 having better camera,and also a better processor than the over hyped tegra 3.
38. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
How much have you been smoking? Tegra 3 and Exynos 4412/4212 have the same CPUs, 4 Cortex A9s at 1.5 GHz.
Of course, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Exynos much better, seeing as how Nvidia made idiotic decisions outside of the CPU, like single channel LPDDR2 (Exynos is dual channel, so is Snapdragon S4 and any other modern SoC), so it will choke under high load, and the GPU is still crap. No built in modem on Tegra 3 means it doesn't have the Snapdragon advantage either.
Tegra 3 is good for being first, but they cut too many corners to get there. It will do 95% of what the Exynos does, but it's still not as good as it could be.
39. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
They don't "have the same CPU" for one the exynos 4412 is 1.4ghz quad, its also on a 32nm using HKMG transistors instead of the manufacturing process used for 40nm.
40. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Do you even understand what you're saying?
Yes, 32nm HKMG uses less power than 40nm. No, it doesn't change the fact that it is the same architecture CPU at the same speed.
Go read up on Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs. The Ivy Bridge is a dieshrink with minor architectural improvement, at the same clockspeed it is only 3-5% faster, which is the same as absolutely no change. The difference is that Ivy Bridge can use less power.
41. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I wasn't referring to the HKMG making it faster, just the fact that its on the die, I was referring to the fact that the 32nm will be faster, nothing more, nothing less.
42. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
That argument still is nonsensical.
Yes, it will clock higher on 32nm HKMG than 40nm. This is not being clocked higher. There is no performance advantage.
An 80286 made on 32nm at the same speed as an 80286 made on 260nm will have the same performance, just that one will use immensely less power than the other. That is how it is. Stop trying to put Exynos on a pedestal. It will probably beat Tegra 3, but it comes down to doing what Tegra 3 didn't, which is proper design.
23. JDCohen722 (Posts: 39; Member since: 18 May 2011)
My ASUS Transformer Prime running Stock ICS with no modifications at all usually gets just over 10 000 in Antutu, my One X usually gets around 10 500. So no PhoneArena, its pretty much the same in benchmarks in Antutu as Tegra 3, just because some Primes get 8 000 and others get 10 doesn't mean the GSIII tops Tegra 3, and its better to compare it directly to the One X's benchmarks since they both have the same resolution and Software. (ICS for Tablets is heavier than on Phones)
25. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
you also have to remember that the sgs3 runs the much heavier than the lightened sense 4.0 or stock ICS, it runs on touchwiz UI, and yet it is still more powerful. Exynos rules again.
28. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Sense 4.0 is Heavier than touchwiz you dumb !!
Dont you see the graphics on Sense Phones !!
Touchwiz with ICS is like 2.3.3 !!
29. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Sense 4.0 is much much lighter than it used to be.
32. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
But now also it is heavier than Touchwiz !!!
34. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I don't see how it's heavier considering the fact that they lightened it to an extreme. Touchwiz has not been lightened at all on the other hand.
36. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Touchwiz has alway been littler then sense. It is still lighter.
43. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Not so much any more. For the One V they made all the UI 2D. The One S has some 3D effects, but everything else is 2D.
35. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I don't see why i got the red thumb, all i did was tip them of this.
27. mercorp (Posts: 995; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
I think this should be known as the samsung hunger games.
30. fxymps1 (Posts: 10; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
This benchamrk should have HTC One X . SO that we can check which to go 1.5 quad or 1.4 quad
31. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I say the 1.4 quad because its also on a smaller die than the tegra 3 and also using the HKMG instead of traditional methods.
37. jordan30589 (Posts: 15; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Exynos its going to remain champ just like last year ;)