Enjoy the samples, and don't forget to tells us which ones you like more!
We've also got comparison 1080p videos from both devices for you to check out!
11. MrJerry (Posts: 399; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
GS4 camera is far better than ip5
I like it!
26. GuitarPlayer (Posts: 36; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Camera looks really good in photo and video but it need better stabilization!! The video looks very shaky. Oh Nokia shold make Android too. :( i have lumia 920 and it is amazing! but WP 8....
32. rizevnarastek (Posts: 337; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Do a comparison with HTC One. Since the One performs better than iPhone5 and Lumia 920 I'd like to see how S4 stacks up against it.
38. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
One is not even close to 920 or iphone 5. It lost to 720.
The thing is that there are too many iphone haters on this site. When iP5 vs One comparison was posted, everyone quickly jumped to the conclusion that One was better, which is clearly not the case. Have a look at the comparison GSM Arena did with the same set of photos and you'll realise that the comparisons here at PA are not even close the level of comparisons done at GSM Arena.
44. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
oooo stop my friend.. r u kidding ??
thats why one`s camera better than s4
ultrapixel is big innovation 2013.
45. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
plz check it again :
do u need another one??
50. GuitarPlayer (Posts: 36; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Lumia 920 was better than HTC One!!! It's clear for me in this review. Look again for the photos and don´t read the bad conclusions.
56. MartyK (Posts: 729; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
A couple of things:
1st, never choose a site who name is the same as the company they are promoting (Nokia-.allaboutsymbian.com).
2nd. Make sure the person(s) who is taking the picture stands in the same place and use the same distance shot; look at all the HTC One, the picture is a real close shot, while the Nokia brands are not zoom in...hahahahaha
3rd Since Nokia ONLY has great camera as a feature, maybe they should get out the phone business and open up a Camera shop!!...; I mean for real, you Nokia guys ALWAYS talk about the Camera , can we please talk about another features..OMFG!!
43. Emily1985 (Posts: 123; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
The iPhone 5 images look better and the video looks much more stable.
59. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
No, look the guy's hand holding the phone. It is really pixelated on the iphone. The s4 seem ok.
12. tech2 (Posts: 2732; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
SIV to iPhone 5 : Guess who has blueish tint now ! :P
13. hung2900 (Posts: 829; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
But in an iPhone sample I can sê Michael Fisher of Pocketnow.com clearly. lol
Anyway the icr@@p camera is no where near GS 4 camera.
25. HansP (Posts: 21; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
More importantly, the Samsung records with stereo sound! Wohoo!
31. rf1975 (Posts: 251; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Yes, but iPhone has only 8MP cam but to SGS IV has a 13MP cam. So better compare with Sony Xperia Z
37. pkiran1996 (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
It's not all about megapixels. More megapixels does not mean more detail.
46. pwnarena (Posts: 1007; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
with the right setup, more megapixels actually mean more details. just don't associate it with those chinese cameras with insane megapixel ratings.
more megapixels mean larger photos. you may end up having a lot of noise but you can capture greater detail. if you want to lower the noise or fuzziness, just downscale the big photo and you'll get a better looking photo with good amount of details.
47. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
i introduce to you nokia 808 pureview.. on 38mp mode
49. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Actually, more pixels means more detail. But that doesn't mean that it would be a good photo. It only means higher resolution.
40. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
nope its like S4>iPhone 5 in every way!
53. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
All we really need to know now is how does the screen compare to IPS, I know its a lot better than the note 2/s3 but can it compete with HTC's LCD 3 in color quality?
68. mydi.maus (unregistered)
HTC ONE BETTER THAN THESE TWO.
2. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Does the iPhone 5 whites have a blueish tint?
41. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
It sure does. It's known as the Smurf effect.
54. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Its hard to say 100% right now but the blue tint seems to be gone from the S4 screen :), only toke them like 4 years lol.
4. Q1Q10 (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I think this needs further testing in a better controlled lighting situation
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Yea me too , movement in between shots could have messed with the results lighting situations or something
28. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Apart from the blue-ish tint produced by the iphone 5 in one of the shots, i'd say they they both have the same detail level.
As for the video, haven't seen it, so can't tell.
6. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Hate to say this, but once you zoom in, it's clear that the GS4 struggles with detail, everything has fuzzier edges. If this is how the images will look in the launch hardware, things are not looking good.
16. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
struggle with the detail? What I see is that, if you zoom in on the screen of the s3 captured by both devices, you could a very sharp details from s4 while ip5 captures rather, soft details. try the 5th and 6th photos. :)
17. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Try the Samsung logo and the earpiece instead. S4 is clearly much more fuzzy.
19. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i think the cause of that fuzziness is the lighting that was directed on the earpieace and logo on the 5th photo. Try the sides of the s3(lower left photo). You can see that it is more refined compared to ip5. :)
21. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
also, try the other photos. consider lighting of the part of the pictures that have the same amount of light. :)
62. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
It seems like the iPhone 5 captures more detail
8. khaledmhawesh (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Hahaha this will kick apple's f**king iphone too farrr away .
9. daftastic (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Haha someone messed up the white balance on the iPhone.
10. anthonyspapa (Posts: 18; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Both take great pictures, but I have to go with Galaxy S4 on this one.
15. krysis (Posts: 76; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
Why you be creepin' on the asian getting his text on? Creeper.
20. Trex95 (Posts: 577; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
White balance looks better on S4 but detalis still iphone 5 has more sharper pics. Don't get me wrong i do like the S4 and the new Super Amoled looks great , but honestly Iphone 5 some pics and video looks better than S4.
22. janert (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
The galaxy definitely takes it. The iphone owners are trying to get excuses of lightning issues. You guys better admit it. Apple is wack. As the tech race is heating up. I use a Z10, and that is even a wonderful experience than I had on my iphone. Easy and fast. Just swipes.
23. Muayyad (Posts: 161; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
very close to each other, but I think Iphone 5 has a better low light capabilities.
27. HansP (Posts: 21; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Are you commenting some images they didn't upload here? The iPhone struggles with the extreme contrast with the red background and the extremely bright table. And the Samsung has a stereo Mic. This one is a RSC win for the Galaxy S4.
34. Muayyad (Posts: 161; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I don't think SGS4 will get any close to HTC One when it comes to sound or low light capture.
42. HansP (Posts: 21; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
As far as I know, the One records sound in mono like the iPhone? Try putting on some headphones and listen to the difference in the videos above. The mono sound makes it sound like he's sitting in a barrel while commenting the recording.
29. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 534; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Do a S4 vs Note 2 please. Though I know already im waiting for the Note 3, i'm just curious. Wondering if the S4 camera is gonna be better then Note 2's which suffers from high ISO/noise issues with low lighting and poor software implementation of the flash and color balance. My Note 1 took better pictures all around then my Note 2, which greatly dissapointed me.
60. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Your Note 2 has a problem. Mine is just as good as the S3.
30. rsiders (Posts: 353; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Hey you caught Michael Fisher and Brandon Minimman in there! Cool.
35. Taters (Posts: 3690; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looking good. Sony probably should have kept it at 8mp though for less noise though. Interesting. I wonder if Apple is going to use this or stick with the 8mp for the iPhone 5s. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same 8mp camera for the iPhone 5s.
Sony, Apple, and Samsung usually use the same or similar Sony sensors. Apple usually has the best camera software so we shall see if Apple uses the 13mp exmor rs or re use the old 8mp one.
36. rustyimtiaz (Posts: 44; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Why does S4 have Flash Player Settings???? as Adobe said they wont update Flash Payer for android anymore!!!
48. SEFsung (Posts: 15; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
The level is too far. GS4 is at Earth while IP5 is at Neptune. Sorry.
51. chocolaking (Posts: 476; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I honestly think the iphone 5 just murdered GS4 in the camera battle..
what do you think?
55. adammorrone (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
The camera is going to be the main deciding factor between this and the One for me.... it'll be a fight to death: 4 of htc's "ultrapixels" vs. 13 of sammy's shooters