Samsung Galaxy Note 3 becomes official phone of Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics: all athletes will get it
Along with that bonus for athletes, Samsung will also bring a new Wireless Olympic Works (WOW) Android application tailor made for the Sochi games. The app will allow you to quickly and easily stay up to date with the latest news, scores, medal counts, and other related events.
All of this and more will make up the "Samsung Smart Olympic Games" initiative that aims to keep you posted real-time with what’s happening in Russia early next year. For those who cannot make it there, it’s a nice effort, but we can help but envy the athletes for their brand new Note 3s.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 becomes official phone of Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Google’s Project Ara: the first 'Lego' phone toys around with grand ideas
17 Apr 2014, 09:00
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 becomes official phone of Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
1. mercorp (Posts: 954; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
I now expect note 3 fans to register for the Olympics now.
13. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I now expect all the so called "tech media" to get mad on Samsung , that gives the ad-budget money for such a things , instead to give the money to them(like Apple do)
16. Topcat488 (Posts: 1043; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
All i can say is,,, I advise all these Olympians to Regional Activate their phones before they leave there for their home country.
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5649; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Another great marketing campaign from Samsung.
14. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I like how Samsung don't give a dime to the tech media, and they get crazy.
3. theoak (Posts: 318; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
As much coverage as the Olympics get ... Samsung would not need a single commercial with this approach. There will be a Note 3 commercial every time the camera zooms in on any athlete.
10. donfem (Posts: 480; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Nice. No need for a commercial when the athletes are clutching their N3s and with the billboards/ signs in the backgrounds.
4. Donkorvleone (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Is that Magdalena Neuner? Is she doing a comeback?! :D
7. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
i should get started on my application too.
6. joey_sfb (Posts: 1975; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Samsung very generous, give the Note 3!
Apple only willing to loan their iPhone 5s to a "up" market fashion show. Free publicity without the cost then repackage those phones to be sold.
8. tedkord (Posts: 3939; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The pinnacle of smartphones for the pinnacle of athletes.
12. 9thWonderful (Posts: 230; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
i said i'll pass on the Note 3 when it dropped...but it is actually a nice phone.
15. Blazers (Posts: 150; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Just got the S-View cover for it. It's nice, but not sure it's worth the $60 asking price for it. As for the phone itself, I love it.