Samsung Galaxy A3 and A5 2015 editions leak out, flaunting new specs and design
1. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1940; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Looks Like The S6, Makes Me Thank The S7 Won't Have A Similar Design But That's Probably Wishful Thinking.
3. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7906; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
It has already been said by Samsung, the S7 would have a similar design as the S6 only made with Magnesium and not aluminum.
Where have you been or what have you been reading? Geez!
5. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1940; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Must Have Missed That Article, Sorry M8. Sometimes I Go A Day Without P.A. And I Don't Go Back And Look At Every Article I Missed.
2. manojmcn (Posts: 389; Member since: 16 Jul 2015)
Looks good. Carrying forward the style of S6/Note5 with more respectable specs compared to previous A series versions. They may also support Samsung Pay also. In all, may strengthen the middle level porfolio of Sammy.
4. TSMan2 (banned) (Posts: 363; Member since: 20 Aug 2015)
The A3, A5 (and soon A7) are the real direct competitors to the iPhones.(no fugly plastic inserts and useless huge bezels , though)
Galaxy6Edge and Note are the next level.
7. skips (Posts: 140; Member since: 04 Oct 2015)
Wait, is that glossy back? NOOOOOOOOOOOO. ;'(
Yet another fingerprint magnet.
8. shiftt (Posts: 333; Member since: 03 May 2015)
Nice, I always liked the square design on Samsung phones anyways. Wasn't digging the iPhone like curves on the S6/edge.
9. Dr.SamX (Posts: 152; Member since: 19 Jan 2015)
Who wants a glass back? Seriously, glass is THE worst thing for the back of a phone! Either go with plastic or metal!
11. benno (Posts: 94; Member since: 17 Apr 2015)
So awesome design last year cleverly morphed into glass backed shit this year.
Once again samsung not on my gift list
12. Lenny86 (Posts: 84; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
The small a3 looks very very compact!!!!if it will be £140-175 will be a nice competitor.Hahaha won't be that low priced will't?!!
13. maximumpayne (Posts: 13; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
The specs for A5 version is almost same as Galaxy s5 Neo.
14. kingEngine (Posts: 35; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
Another glass back? Metal feels way more premium and isn't a fingerprint collector.
17. medtxa (Posts: 1104; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
I don't think it's glass. clear polycarbonate maybe. ah don't make it even more overpriced with full metal or glass this is only midrange and you know samsung even without its already overpriced.
15. IOSANDROID (Posts: 85; Member since: 30 Sep 2015)
Seems like they will be made of plastic, still I do like the design and the nice specs update.
16. IOSANDROID (Posts: 85; Member since: 30 Sep 2015)
Who knows it might be metal and glass I can't really tell by the photos
18. HarpersIsland (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Jul 2015)
Hello! Samsung A3 is my favourite. Looks similar to Samsung Galaxy Alphas body. Finally a compact smartphone. According to the leaked pics. The dimensions of the phone look like 65.9mm width, 135mm height, and 7.1mm thickness. It's so much easier to hold the phone with one hand unlike iPhone 6, cause of its curved and extremely slippery edges.
Gosh Samsung please speed up the release of the Galaxy S6 mini, what is taking so long? Please release in November or December, before the January 2016 potential release of the Galaxy S7.
19. tarek1980 (Posts: 278; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Oh My God ..............Noooooooooooooooooooooo
Samsung using the stupid Glass again ??!!!
But Why ?!!!!!
Moving the speaker grill at the bottom is just perfect step, But using Glass ???!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm using A8 now I like it so much and I hoped if the speaker grill at the bottom, that would be so nice, but in general it is cool smartphone.
for me & my family ....No Smartphone with Glass back cover, I wouldn't recommend such a smartphone to any one.
Samsung is going Glass Wrong Way.
20. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Interesting how they moved from metal unibody to glass and metal frame.
They should play with all glass by edging both front and back and just fuse both front and back panels together. It would be fragile but super cool.
These A models should be experimental though.
22. jeroome86 (Posts: 799; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Kinda wish they get away from glass backs. My Nexus 4 is cracked and my friend at work just crack his Note 5 before getting his case. Only phone I had with glass back that held up was iPhone 4. Still looks premium this day but too outdated.
23. WAusJackBauer (Posts: 186; Member since: 22 Mar 2015)
I might get the A3. 4.7 is the perfect size for me.
24. Zapp_B (Posts: 30; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
Finally the bezels are black and blend perfectly with the display