Rumor alert: Amazon has a smartphone to announce today
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
hope it has top specs otherwise this will flop....seriously
6. aaronkatrini (Posts: 237; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
It's gonna be a good price tagg! At least that would anybody expect!
2. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
eh... an android with nokia maps.. that would be interesting....
but i still think amazon shouldn't rely on android!! eventhough android is free, but they should have their own operating system and let is ecosystem settle on the OS!!!
i might get thumbs down..but i think amazon should buy symbian.. why? symbian is still capable and they could rename it!! so some new things to the upcoming belle fp2, and its really remarkable... and n8 running belle refresh-- it is truly breath taking, really impove the performance!! i think if nokia just made symbian belle 2 years ago, symbian might still be relevant... it got no problem running on single core processor and low ram!!
so amazon should buy the OS or they could just make their own OS!! or better yet.. partner with RIM!!! because releasing an android phone with no android goodies and "TRUE GOOGLE EXPERIENCE" is just plain dumb!
and what version of android gonna be? 2.3? hahahaha that will really make me laugh!
4. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
i gave a thumbs up for the long comment. couldnt read it fully
11. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
is that a good thing or bad thing?
10. joey_sfb (Posts: 2761; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
They use android due to its open source nature that bring loads of developers who are familiar with its development tools, timely bug fix and OS upgrade from Google.
Its quite an investment if they were to maintance their own OS.
The present of Amazon ecosystem prove to me that Google are truly committed to open source and walk the talk.
12. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
well, kindle fire cant be update right? so i think its not a catch...
amazon has a big loads of money... so i think maintenance with is own OS wont be a problem...
3. jove39 (Posts: 1265; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
If phone is based on Tegra3 and priced ~$250 (Nexus7 selling at 200)...then Amazon may have another best seller :)
7. cdgoin (Posts: 367; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Nokia Maps..? On a Android..? hmm.. wonder if its not a W8 phone.. that would be interesting.
8. Zayuh24 (Posts: 148; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Let's hope Amazon DOES price this at a reasonable price, off contract for $250, just to change the game again. It makes no sense how the full retail of phones is more than tablets!
9. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
i say make it more than the tablet that way we can assume the specs are good!
13. downphoenix (Posts: 2293; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Well if its speced similar to the non HD Fire 2, then $250 for phone is a good price.
But yea, ridiculous at cost of phones vs Tablets. Phones are cheaper to manufacture, but cost more. I guess they can get away with it due to carrier subsidies. And carriers do minimal subsidies on tablets due to the plans not being high revenue.