Return of the Bloatware: Galaxy S7 ships with 8 GB of storage used up
2. hoomanPeasants (unregistered)
Even stock android has like 5 GB of storage used up on Nexus 6P. I don't see how 8 GB is such a big deal. And this is not even the international variant, but the bloated carrier variant.
If I remember correctly, last year's S6 had like 10 GB used up on T-mo variant, and 7 GB on G920F(EU variant).
4. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1547; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
This article is to attract trolls/haters.
Waiting for mxy to whine like a little kid about how he dislikes Touchwiz...
23. dimas (Posts: 2130; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
"Presumably, a good chunk of the bloatware will be removable""
And I bet this line will be ignored by narrow-minded people. The 8gb bloatware is a problem if people are stuck on 32gb with no expandable storage.
5. catze86 (Posts: 726; Member since: 07 Dec 2015)
So in theory. According this article 8 gb used up.
5 gb of Google Bloatwares + 3 gb of Samsung bloatwares = 8gb Bloatwares.
17. hoomanPeasants (unregistered)
I don't think so. Most of it should be the kernel. Gapps package is usually smaller than a GB.
It's more like:
4 GB kernel + 1 GB google bloat + 1 GB Samsung bloat + 2 GB carrier bloat.
You should be allowed to uninstall carrier bloat though. I think T-mobile allows that.
9. AkoSiKuting (banned) (Posts: 88; Member since: 09 Dec 2015)
Sammy apologist strikes again!!!
14. hoomanPeasants (unregistered)
Give yourself a favor and see my past comments. I'm as far as a Samsung apologist as you can imagine. I don't even own their phones LOL. Not touching touchwiz.
32. catze86 (Posts: 726; Member since: 07 Dec 2015)
Better than blame the users first. You are really Jobs legacy.
68. xondk (Posts: 1392; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
3gb "bloat" is a bit though, but the thing at least in my eyes, is that if its useful stuff there is in those 3gb and not just say a ton of freemium games and similar, then yeah I'm alright with that, still plenty of storage space and most importantly SD card if I ever have issues.
7. catze86 (Posts: 726; Member since: 07 Dec 2015)
Kilo bloat. The son of Han Bloat and Leia Bloat
Under the comman of Bloat Lord
6. Inotamira (Posts: 173; Member since: 06 Feb 2016)
Where's my Cyanogen mod....I know I left it somewhere...should clear that up!
11. kamejoko (Posts: 203; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
Stupid is samsung. many bloatware make system slow down and laggy. Maybe ss eat money from some company to add many bloatware.
79. Sovat_fc (Posts: 224; Member since: 30 Aug 2014)
You keep saying laggy, laggy and laggy, and you don't own one of Samsung devices. WTF
16. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2890; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
As long as the bloatware is removable, I don't mind. If they are all system apps, that's another thing.
73. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 857; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
same here, I don't mind bloat if it is removable.
56. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
Definitely the 4gb Ram will help. No big issue.
26. afzalzainal (Posts: 60; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
Not a big deal since it comes with internal 32gb + sd card. Most of the usage goes to picture and video which is can be moved to sd card. My z5 reserved 9GB for android system and after installing more then 30apps include games still got another 9GB left unless it was a 16GB storage device.
30. GreenMan (Posts: 1236; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
Not too Long ago, I was (as usual) preaching about the amount of bloat in Samsung Smartphones and everyone was dissing this old man as harshly as humanly possible... Everyone was like "No f-ing way, old man"
Now would be a good time to apologise to this humble and compassionate old man who speak for none other but truth in plain black and white...!
31. catze86 (Posts: 726; Member since: 07 Dec 2015)
Put those Samsung bloats on your Nexus. You'll love it old man.
42. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1498; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
Old Man. What about Google Play Games, Google Play Movies, Google Play Music,Google News App,Google Photos,Hangouts etc? I don't use these apps but I want to uninstall them. It must be hard for a "Android Purist" Like you to see these apps as bloat.
35. Mreveryphone (Posts: 581; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
Just got my S7 Edge today. I threw my 128gb sd card in and forgot the internal memory. I moved what apps I could the the SD and kept it moving. With all the apps edge and other stuff baked in I was surprised to see that there wasn't more space taken up. Say what you want but Sammy is doing a good job of adding features and keeping things as trim as they can.
37. RandyPhill (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Nov 2015)
Would there be Google play edition variant of the galaxy S7?
43. benno (Posts: 94; Member since: 17 Apr 2015)
I don't think they do those at all any more. They haven't done a galaxy since the s4. So, I'd say your chances are less than zero
38. sleepypandaeyes (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Apr 2015)
My s6 edge system memory takes up 6gb so this is not new. Iphonearena trolling as usual. Expecting s7/s7 edge to get 7 rating each!.
40. Macready (Posts: 952; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
Current iPhones with 64GB also lose over 8GB to bloatware and the likes. Has that led to any damming headlines yet?
44. SPASE (Posts: 205; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Just reading the headline, made me think Alan wrote it. He could be using a pseudonym ;)
41. bubbadoes (Posts: 960; Member since: 03 May 2012)
typical sammy crowd here. in denial. any other have 8 gigs of bloat would be an uproar. thats why they added the useless sd reader back on the phone after removing it
69. Macready (Posts: 952; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
Many others have as much or even more bloat and some (Apple) do not allow to remove anything (as opposed to Samsung), where is/was the uproar?
Let me give you a hand, you stumbled over your own argument there.
46. Chuck007 (Posts: 1109; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
Apple working hard to badmouth Samsung's new flagship line I see. Everything to continue the so called "smartphone war" to compel everyone to be corporate slaves. *cough*
47. poptart574 (Posts: 56; Member since: 29 Feb 2016)
I'll get the better version of the S7. You know, the one with no bloat ware, higher RAM and better specs.
48. Arschsalat (banned) (Posts: 158; Member since: 29 Feb 2016)
Nexus 6p has 25 GB free storage, and the S7 has 24 GB Free Storage.
What a big Deal xD
55. jeroome86 (Posts: 1125; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Are you kidding? Jeez. Just no carrier bloat. Ok.
62. Shocky (unregistered)
All they had to do was add the sdcard slot and keep the same storage options as last year, but no, they had to screw everyone over with 32GB.
So they deserve everything they get for bloatware because it actually matters with limited internal storage.
75. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Please list what bloatware.
Based on what I could gather. Android 6.0, takes anywhere from 4-8GB of space dpendign on OEM and the phones features. So your basic boring Android phones will use 4-5GB of space for the OS itself.
Samsung own TouchWiz with all its features take 1.5-2GB of space.
Then adding the carriers apps in the USA.
But what is funny is, on the iPhone with 16GB of storage, 45% of the space is used by iOS, yet the phone has as many features as a basic android phones.
How many times has iPhoneArena said anything about Apple? maybe once that I can recall.
You guys are such dogs!
76. greathero1 (Posts: 563; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Im not sure where you get your numbers from but when I purchased my iPhone, I had over 10 GB of storage remaining and once I deleted Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, I had over 11 GB out of 16.
77. greathero1 (Posts: 563; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Not saying Samsung's number is bad, it actually is pretty decent IMO.
78. jeroome86 (Posts: 1125; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
It's the carrier bloat I hate. Like AT&T navigation app. Have to subscribe 10 dollars a month when you have the Google Maps for free and far better. As long as you can delete that crap that would be cool. Not just disable but delete.
80. lpratas (Posts: 305; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Very abundant of bloat. The pussy of your mother!...
81. Anonn (Posts: 230; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
■■ BREAKING NEWS ■■
Samsung Galaxy S7 will let you Move Apps to SD