Report says iPhone 5SE will use Apple's A9 chip and iPad Air 3 gets A9X
44. vliang86 (Posts: 252; Member since: 05 Oct 2015)
Trollers gonna troll....shake it off, shake it off:)
2. Well-Manicured-Man (Posts: 315; Member since: 16 Jun 2015)
If this is true, the iPhone 5SE will not be a placed as a mid range model but as a compact premium model.
The iPad Air 3 will easily be the best tablet around with a 4K screen and a great SoC to support it. Even the iPad Air 2 beats all other tablets around today. It looks like that Apple is at least a generation ahead of the competition in the tablet market. (I don't count convertibles like the Surface Pro because they run on Desktop hardware and not on mobile hardware).
5. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Surface don't belong to the same size class anyway. So comparing them to iPad air is useless.
This is air 2 next to iPad pro:
surface pro 4 has almost the same size as iPad pro. Comparing ipad air 2 to surface immediately is as dumb as comparing surface pro to a gaming laptop, or a laptop to a desktop.
12. xondk (Posts: 1403; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Yeah, possible, though they really, really, really, should come up with a significantly better naming policy.
5SE? because how does that make sense? 5 second edition, because 5 was their last small?
iPhone 7 Tiny/One?
iPhone 7 Plus
Or some such?
23. Unordinary (Posts: 1710; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
Its not even their confirmed name yet lmfao.......
Just like when everyone was calling the upcoming iPhone 6S the iPhone 6 Air. el oh el relax buddy
50. xondk (Posts: 1403; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Thought it was mostly confirmed, though lucky if it isn't..
That said in general phone naming scheme's not only Apple's general naming scheme, seems to have gone off the rails some years ago and just keeps going, heck for that matter almost all electronics have this problem.
27. AlikMalix (Posts: 5872; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I agree - naming scheme sucks when it comes to these " special models"
We have the stupid iPhone 6 S Plus, iPhone 5 S E. Those are too long and unnecessary. I like the naming scheme of nexus devices, but even those are now screwed up with the likes of "2015 edition".
20. marorun (Posts: 3582; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
All depend on what you need.
IF Apple come out with a 4k screen on ipad air 3 i might consider upgrading my ipad air 2.
Still i would personally go for an android on my next tablet i dont care if its not as powerfull ( even mid end tablet can run any games ect whitout lag ) i can live with 1080p screen as well.
What i want is to be able to switch tablet and have a lots of choice when i do every 2 years and still be able to keep all my purchase like i do on my android phone also i be able to use my apps i got on my phone on my tablet.
So basically i am not ready to put myself in jail by using both an iphone ( thats i think are overpriced ) and an ipad.. Still 4k screen is tempting!
As for surface pro if i did not had a killer laptop i would also consider it.
Similar size ( a bit thicker and heavier ) but full fledge desktop hardware and OS is nice because lots of good games are PC only.
42. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2487; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
iPad air 3 will not have a 4k screen lol
3. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Nice of Apple to not cheap out. They learnt their lesson from the disaster 5C was.
7. AlikMalix (Posts: 5872; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Tyrion, you have input I can respect, but why do you think 5c was a disaster?
9. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
It was a cheap iPhone 5 at the price of an iPhone 5. It was a cheap move to get people into paying 100$ more for the 5S.
You see, every time a new iPhone launches, the old iphone drops by 100$. People usually wait for it to happen so that they can buy the 1 year old phone for cheap. Now, how would you feel if you are waiting for the price of iPhone 5 to drop from 600$ to 500$, but Apple discontinues it, launches the 5C for 500$ which has the same hardware as 5 but looks like a fisher price toy.
22. AlikMalix (Posts: 5872; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
But how is that a disaster? It sold well, very well. And I know for a fact that iPhone 5 was available for almost another half a year alongside the 5c for $100 cheaper - I know this because I had family members who bought the 5 instead of 5c, even though 5c was cheaper and had better camera and bigger battery.
It's not like Apple cheated people - it dropped the price of the 5c a lot more than the typical drop of $100 for iPhone 5. And gave it a slight bump in couple of hardware.
And I know a lot of people that really like the colors (not me, hated plastic devices even when android fanboys chanted how great plastic is compared to metal).
31. j2001m (Posts: 2942; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Apple stop s selling it, it was just shops had stock, I.e. Not offered on there site means they stop selling it
21. marorun (Posts: 3582; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
5C was the most sold iphone model to business here in Canada until Apple decided to discontinue it and force ppl to buy iphone 5S at 130$ ( canadian ) wich is a joke.
32. j2001m (Posts: 2942; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
The big one will be will it use Emmc or there new ssd control disk, I hope it's Emmc so we can all see how xrap that A9 is when the OS slows right down
36. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2184; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
eMMC or NVMe, the A9 isn't crap, end of story. Expect it to have NVMe, though, because standardizing the supply chain works wonders for economies of scale.
4. Neros (Posts: 1016; Member since: 19 Dec 2014)
No, 3D touch? So even apple think it's a nonessential bloat.
6. bucky (Posts: 2576; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
or perhaps this is a smaller less capable model.
I wonder if you are going to bash when Samsung releases their "S 3D Touch" in a month.
19. bambamboogy02 (Posts: 548; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
If you want 3d touch, spend more $$$.
24. marorun (Posts: 3582; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Its mostly a move to use the old screen from iphone 5S they will discontinue and put them on the new iphone.
They did thats with onboard memory for years...
like when iphone 5 came out they discontinued the 4S 16 gb and came out with a 4S 8 gb.
Same thing when 6 came out they discontinued the 5C 16 gb and came out with a 8 gb ( thats also was discontinued a few month back here in Canada to force ppl to pay 130$ instead of 0$ )
Thats how they make you buy newer model.
Some of my business clients dont even install app on those.
Its used for calls , email , calender and thats its so if they could buy iphone 5C 8 gb they would be happy now they cant and complain thats the 5S and newer are too pricy so i help them by making them switch to android phone like the moto G 2015... better battery than iphone 5S , better camera , bigger screen , waterproof ect.
8. guest (Posts: 338; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Come on Android where is the 4.3" flagship? Really want to come back but don't want a giant phone.
25. marorun (Posts: 3582; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
On thats i am with you.
would love a 4.3 to 4.5 inch screen flagship android phone :)
39. fyah_king (Posts: 466; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Z5 compact for people with little hands.:)
10. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2487; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
A9X for the win, I'm seriously considering buying an iPad air 3 now.
How much was the 16gb air 2 wifi version when it launched? 16gb is small but its enough for a tablet and who knows apple could launch their first 32gb mobile product with the air 3 lol(YEAH RIGHT)
13. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
iPad air 2 16 GB was for 400$, 64 GB for 500$.
15. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2487; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
So even the 16gb version would set me back by $500+ because I would have to get a Case, screen protector and some sort of Type cover or bluetooth keyboard case.
16. UglyFrank (Posts: 1655; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
16GB isn't worth it, you may aswell get the 64GB. I struggle with it on my iPad and I know many iPhone users who can't even take pictures,
11. Furbal (Posts: 981; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
That is going to be a beast of a compact phone.
3d touch won't be missed. Get ois on the camera please!
38. Furbal (Posts: 981; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
of course it won't but I can wish (even if I wont be buying this phone).
14. Wiencon (Posts: 1880; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
I'm so effing hyped on this 5SE, I think I might buy two and keep one on iOS9 in case Apple starts screwing older models in iOS11 or later
30. Tim-Cook (banned) (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Feb 2016)
Time for UPGRADE guys.
Both the new iPhone and iPad will kill it in sales.
Apple delivers the best products.
41. fyah_king (Posts: 466; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Yes, to the sheep. It is the best products for them.:)
48. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
I have a Sony Z tablet, but this iPad Air looks promising. Especially the specs.
45. johanbiff (Posts: 403; Member since: 31 Mar 2015)
don`t like Apple for closed "anti-everybody else" ecosystem but the A9 chip is a monster of it`s own!
46. oozz009 (Posts: 520; Member since: 22 Jun 2015)
I'm still hoping they name it something else than 5se. iPhone 6L (Legacy) would be a WAY nicer name for example.
47. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
I'm really looking forward to buying the iP5se. Love the compact 4inch phones. The Z5c is slightly bigger.