Report: Best Buy to have mini-Samsung stores open in time for Samsung Galaxy S4 launch
While the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be the star of the Samsung Mobile department, other Samsung products from tablets to other smartphones will be displayed. Later in the year, a second wave of Best Buy stores will be updated with the Samsung Store and the remodeling will continue until there is a Samsung Store in every Best Buy location.
Best Buy's move shows the power that Samsung has found itself wielding ever since the Samsung Galaxy S II too off in 2011. Last year's Samsung Galaxy S III did phenomenally well and the OEM expects 100 million units of the Samsung Galaxy S4 to be sold before the model is put to pasture.
1. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Alan ... your usual TYPOS (now please don't send a warning for this to my mailbox...
"ever since the Samsung Galaxy S II too off in 2011."
4. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Smaaaaart Boy RusticGuy™®
3. somerandomuser (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I wonder if the retail counters will be made out of plastic or high-end materials...
7. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Fiber Glass ... the soon to be reinvented premium material.
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3119; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Wow. A classic case of the rich getting richer. That estimate of 100 million for the GS4 may not be out of reach after all.
10. Doakie (Posts: 1472; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Wow. Did you gripe about Apple when they got to $700 billion? Or is it just because this is Samsung?
13. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3119; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You completely misunderstood my comment. I wasn't griping. I own a Note 2.
9. gregoryyy3 (unregistered)
ive noticed for the past 2 months or so that every best buy i have gone into had gotten rid of the samsung displays.
11. MartianMe (unregistered)
I only read the head lines...but this is actually very cool...guess i ll be stopping by bestbuy more often ..
12. johnriii (Posts: 234; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
when is the release of the S4 again? I'll make sure to mark my calender to stay away from Best Buy during that time. I can see Fox 4 News now, talking to the customers waiting two days in advance. I like samsung, but not that much...#it'snotthatserious
14. JunitoNH (Posts: 1137; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Of course they are $amsung emulates everything Apple does. These Koreans are bold and brash; maybe they should rename the company Xerox.